I've been researching amps I would eventually like to own, and Mesa is of course near the top of the list. The thing is, from what I can tell from UG is that they have soooo many amps. I have never had the chance to play one but I was just curious as to how they all sound so different. The ones I know of are: single, double, triple rectos, F-50, Lonestar, Stilleto, Roadster, Mark I, II, III, IV, tremoverb, rectoverb and the express. I really just want to know why there are so many? Are there really that many different voicings an amp can have? If someone could give me the lowdown on each model or point me to a site that would, that would be much appreciated.
Quote by jackbauer
playing by yourself is like masturbating, sure it feels great, but it's nothing compared to the real deal.

Quote by guylee
Oh Shit! I Have A Weird Growth On My Body!

To The Pit!

JOIN MY GROUP plox

http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/tonelife/
the mesa site sounds like a really good place to start, but maybe i'm just crazy
Gear:
Jackson DKMG Dinky (EMG 81/85)
Ibanez GIO (i put a Dimbucker in the bridge)
Crate GT65 (65 watts) to be upgraded soon, suggestions welcome (must be tubed)
Floor Pod (for sale)
Quote by ChaoticVengence
the mesa site sounds like a really good place to start, but maybe i'm just crazy

Yeah I thought someone might suggest that, but I'm really looking for an in-depth, subljective review of each of these amps.

Oh yeah how could I forget the RoadKing :P
Quote by jackbauer
playing by yourself is like masturbating, sure it feels great, but it's nothing compared to the real deal.

Quote by guylee

To The Pit!

JOIN MY GROUP plox

Whoa, this could be a mega-thread.... holy crap... umm, I will start work on it today and see what I come up with... also, you could search for a boogie mega thread
the best Mesa there is is the Mark IV in my opinion.
i've played most of them, except the tremoverb and the new express ones.
Quote by david_highland
Uh oh......you just had to go and piss off danielrobbyshor, now we're all ****ed.

Quote by Grundy0
How can an orgy be 'Nazi-style'? What did he stop halfway through and incinerate a jew?
Quote by Brendan.Clace
Whoa, this could be a mega-thread.... holy crap... umm, I will start work on it today and see what I come up with... also, you could search for a boogie mega thread

That would be totally awesome thanks

And yeah I've heard nothing but good things about the Mark IV
Quote by jackbauer

Quote by guylee

To The Pit!

JOIN MY GROUP plox

Last edited by USAPeavey at Feb 28, 2008,
Quote by USAPeavey
I've been researching amps I would eventually like to own, and Mesa is of course near the top of the list. The thing is, from what I can tell from UG is that they have soooo many amps. I have never had the chance to play one but I was just curious as to how they all sound so different. The ones I know of are: single, double, triple rectos, F-50, Lonestar, Stilleto, Roadster, Mark I, II, III, IV, tremoverb, rectoverb and the express. I really just want to know why there are so many? Are there really that many different voicings an amp can have? If someone could give me the lowdown on each model or point me to a site that would, that would be much appreciated.

Single, Double, Triple Rectos - primarily metal amps, each with progressively more power and head room; double and triple have more features than single, including different rectifier options (the Rectoverb and Tremoverb are combo versions of these amps). The Roadster and Road King tend to be closer to these, but with better cleans and more tube/setting options.

Lonestar - Boogie's Texas blues amp. They also have the Blue Angel, another blues amp.

Stiletto - Boogie's Marshall clone

Mark series - Boogie's do-all amps, the flagship of the Boogie line; Fendery cleans with heavy distortion possible

Express, F series, Subway series - Boogie's low-end amps, each with good sound but less features than their higher end models
Hi, I'm Peter
Quote by Dirk Gently
Single, Double, Triple Rectos - primarily metal amps, each with progressively more power and head room; double and triple have more features than single, including different rectifier options (the Rectoverb and Tremoverb are combo versions of these amps). The Roadster and Road King tend to be closer to these, but with better cleans and more tube/setting options.

Lonestar - Boogie's Texas blues amp. They also have the Blue Angel, another blues amp.

Stiletto - Boogie's Marshall clone

Mark series - Boogie's do-all amps, the flagship of the Boogie line; Fendery cleans with heavy distortion possible

Express, F series, Subway series - Boogie's low-end amps, each with good sound but less features than their higher end models

Uh...wow that was great
How would something like the F series compare to the Mark series as far as gain options?

More opinions still welcome
Quote by jackbauer

Quote by guylee

To The Pit!

JOIN MY GROUP plox