Page 1 of 7
Tell me what pisses you off the most while playing guitar.

My all time piss offs:

- When I have to retune my guitar or simply want to do a 1 step down tuning -> FLOYD ROSE, yEAH!!

- when I look down to my guitar and i see all the dust and dirt between the knobs and in the bridge because the sun is shining into my room...

- when I sit there.. and just dont know what to play.. everythings boring.. but i want to play..

Tell me YOURs
When I want to piss about dive boming, but I can't because I have a fixed bridge.
Damn being a cheapass.
I'm not pissed off while playing guitar. If i was, I wouldn't play.
Gear as 2015:
Ibanez PGM401
Music Man JP6 (for sale)
Music Man Axis (for sale)
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster
Ibanez EW Acoustic Steel string
Crappy Cort Acoustic 12-string
NI Rig Kontrol 3 & Guitar Rig 5
The dirt thing, underneath my strings is really dusty no matter how much I clean it.

I have 2 black guitars, and when I catch the light I just see lots of fingerprints and smears, I hate it.

When I have to play on a chair with arms.
parents that scream if you can't play something else... (more happy or whatever)
when i cant nail a solo
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Antisocial Behaviour Order. A chav's equivalent of GCSEs.
when you are playing a song that you've know how to play really well and you just happen to suck this one particular day .

same with the dust thing. even after i clean my black guitar, there is always some more to clean off.

and also with that tuning one. i hate having to play a song in drop C or somethin and then want to play a song in standard tuning.
breaking strings always pisses me off
Pissing people off since 1987

ESP/LTD MH 401 Stop tail
ESP/LTD MH 401 Floyd Rose
IBANEZ AM93 TKS
Rivera KnuckleHead Reverb
ISP Decimator
MXR KFK-1 10 Band EQ
Quote by hirkammett

- when I sit there.. and just dont know what to play.. everythings boring.. but i want to play..

Tell me YOURs

+1
1. accidental palm mutes
2. inability to hit pinch harmonics
3. dragonforce
the game
When i start changing tuning with the floyd rose then half way throught wonder why i bothered
I sat next to a nun on the bus once, she said hi

Twitter: @Pikey_P - wise words right there.
ooow another one... that really really really pisses me off...

After a damn tight recording in which every little piece went wrong and even better then you had in mind...

BUT...

some 30 seconds before the end you get a phone-call, moms calling, someone walks in, gets distracted or just screw up
When my wedding ring taps against the neck. People can't hear it over the guitar, but I can.

EDIT: Also the playing in a chair with arms, although it's easily fixed if I rest the guitar body in my lap instead of over my left leg.
"Few things are harder to put up with than the annoyance of a good example." - Mark Twain

"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living; the world owes you nothing; it was here first." - Samuel Langhornne Clemens
Quote by arthurt420
breaking strings always pisses me off

hahaha once i changed strings 3 times in 2 days and nearly cried...

well i hate it if someone who hasn't any plan of good music comes near to me and says that the things i played suck...
Quote by _-=Ali C=-_
i do it a lot. ill be playin somethin and i forget to close my mouth... sometimes its really bad, slobber everywhere. i goes mostly over the neck, on the higher frets, and its really hard to get out from under the strings.
when i break a string or when someone or something is too loud next to me i cant hear myself...specially if its like someone on drums or guitar who thinks there ace and play MEGA loud...urghhhh
Quote by hellraiserharry
people walking in my room an not reclosing the door

for short: your mom
Quote by _-=Ali C=-_
i do it a lot. ill be playin somethin and i forget to close my mouth... sometimes its really bad, slobber everywhere. i goes mostly over the neck, on the higher frets, and its really hard to get out from under the strings.
when i fix my floyd to drop c and halfway through realise i wanna go back to d
Quote by Tom_hatton
When I have to play on a chair with arms.

i know, pain in the ass. especially with a warlock. then your just like...
the game
when you play and play a song but just can not get the timing right!
That pisses me off so much!
what pisses me off is:

~the dust thing

~when i improv w/ a scale & HATE what i end up playing

~or when my parents say im not good till i play a whole song

~& of course...Dragonforce & Yngwie Malmsteen
People asking me difficult questions while I'm playing along to a song.
Quote by lizarday
oh yeah? well larry king the slayer guitarist owns bc rich guitars. (i think)
Not being able to play "loud" in an apt. (I wish I had a basement)
Quote by hirkammett
- When I have to retune my guitar or simply want to do a 1 step down tuning -> FLOYD ROSE, yEAH!!

It's great having the Floyd Rose, it's easily the best thing about my ESP.

I hate it when the cheap lead I'm using at the moment crackles and the sound switches from Br00tal to clean, it's so annoying.

When my fingers are cold and don't flow properly I get so annoyed; and, when the strap buttons decide to cunt up on me, but thankfully I've never dropped it.
Quote by DrewsGotTheLife
yea man, who ever doesnt like pantera or think they suck doesnt like metal, end of discussion, they changed the freakin world n made history, so don't be sayin they suck, have respect, same goes for machine head n lamb of god cuz their good too
another thing is when im playing w/ sum1 & there amp is WAY louder than mine...that annoys me the most! i can understand if they are playing a lead,but otherwise...equal volume.
*writes awesome riff*

Dude, that sounds excellent...

*continues constructing song*

Hmm, this is sounding a little fam- OH ****ING ****, I'VE JUST ****ING TABBED OUT A BASTARD KREATOR SONG, MOTHER****ER!!! WHY THE **** DO I ALWAYS ****ING DO THAT?!?!?!
Quote by Demonikk
Cold hands
/thread

GAHH!!

I hate looking for a new song to learn, but all the ones I can think of are either too hard or just not challenging....

BIG FREAKIN EDIT!!!: Another thing that gets me annoyed, when I try tuning my guitar by ear and everyone NEEDS to be much louder than I am, then I get the tuning all screwed.
Last edited by doctor woot at Feb 28, 2008,
When my ****ing G string constantly gets out of tune, tough i have changed the mechanics and adjusted bridge and whatnot, it still goes out of tune...

Since my last band broke up i play with the schools music group: I HATE THEM ALL (turn the guitar down, NO metal, stop that noise, can't we play celine dion?) and the faggy little guy who plays classical guitar tries to play electric and stinks and do ****loads of feedback.
(yes i played with them earlier today, so i'm pisst now)

When i cook during i play and burn things because i forget the time

When you come from outside and sit down and guitar and fingers are cold so that you can't play

As you can see I am an angry person =) luckily metal is always there for me so the angrier I get the harder I play =)