Upon listening to the song Pouring Reign by As Blood Runs Black, it struck me quite odd that a band such as As Blood Runs Black could compose such a song. The musical differences between their normal style of songs and Pouring Reign is phenomenal. It made me look at the composing artist twice. Then curiosity struck me, has any other bands done this? My instinct is of course yes, but i haven't been able to come up with a very populated list of these tracks. So what songs have you hear that have made you look at the composing artist twice?
Quote by fallenangel20

And thanks MotleyCrueSATD, that was pretty awesome.

Quote by hemi-san
the truth he speaks well, harken unto his word.
Do covers count?

If so, Throwdown's version of Baby Got Back.
Awesome though.
Quote by SteveHouse
Also you're off topic. This thread is about Reva eating snowmen.
Most Tool songs have that effect on me.

It just baffles me how some songs can be so amazingly well writen.
The.
When Tom Delonge formed Angels and Airwaves, that was pretty darn unexpected. It's hard to imagine that this is the same dude that used to run around naked on TV.

Also, when I listened to the Clash's "London Calling" album, I was quite surprised how different all the songs were. I'd never listened to The Clash before. They have EVERYTHING on that record.

EDIT: also "Planet Caravan" by Black Sabbath.
Last edited by sashki at Feb 28, 2008,
Easy (like a sunday morning) by Faith no More (I know it's covered...)
Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
Do covers count?

If so, Throwdown's version of Baby Got Back.
Awesome though.

Just looked it up on Youtube. Awesome.
Quote by lizarday
oh yeah? well larry king the slayer guitarist owns bc rich guitars. (i think)
well... not a song but another thing that amazed me... really amazed me was that GnR kicked slash (****ing amazed when I heard that...) but then... that they got Buckethead to fill up his place...

He's a bloody good guitarist but... I would never ever thought this could even be true
Last edited by JvL at Feb 28, 2008,
Quote by JvL
well... not a song but another thing that amazed me... really amazed me was that GnR kicked slash (****ing amazed when I heard that...) but then... that they got Buckethead to fill up his place...

He's a bloody good guitarist but... I would never ever thought this could even be true

They didn't kick him, he left. Buclethead isn't in the band anymore either.
Bass Player
yeah yeah... but the whole thing...

and another song that amazed me:P

Children of Bodom - Oops I did it again (yes... that ****ed up song by britney spears)
Funkadelic - Maggot Brain.

AWESOME stuff. Would never expect such a thing from Funkadelic. (not bashing Funkadelic. But they don't usually do epic stuff)
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||

The Dillinger Escape Plan I believe did a Justine Timberlake cover with Mike Patton...

I have yet to find proof of this though.
"Music is an expression. Not competition." ~ Woe, Is Me

Guitar
ESP LTD Viper 400

Amp
Orange Crush 35LDX