i have a fulltone clyde and i use a roger mayer axis fuzz. it is set up like hendrix had it guitar----wah---fuzz---amp. however with my fuzz on and off you can hardly hear the WAH of the pedal. it is really low. ive listened to hendrix and how defined you can tell if the wah is on or not, however sometimes its hard to tell if my wah is being used or not. is there an adjustment or something i can do?
It's because it's before the fuzz, which means the wah is being fuzzed (I think) and the Clyde doesn't really work well with gain. I'm not quite sure why you can't hear it with the fuzz off, though.

Snap on the Axis Fuzz, though.
Quote by jxljxl
Fais wins at life

The obscenely young leader of the Laney Cult

Member of the EHX Guild
is there some kind of sweep adjustment or is there something wrong with my pedal? cuz hendrix used a wah before fuzz and look at how beastly his gain and fuzz were and you could hear his wah just fine. i dont have a lot of gain on. i have a fender blues junior and we know how fender is not gainey
Quote by culkid
is there some kind of sweep adjustment or is there something wrong with my pedal? cuz hendrix used a wah before fuzz and look at how beastly his gain and fuzz were and you could hear his wah just fine. i dont have a lot of gain on. i have a fender blues junior and we know how fender is not gainey

I think you mighta got a dud, because you should be able to hear it. Then again, Hendrix's fuzz wasn't all too dirty, so you could see what it's like with the fuzz down a little.
Quote by jxljxl
Fais wins at life

Member of the EHX Guild
no i can hear the wah. it just that its so shallow in the actual sound, but when i place it AFTER the fuzz, its way too WAHy
Quote by culkid
no i can hear the wah. it just that its so shallow in the actual sound, but when i place it AFTER the fuzz, its way too WAHy

That's what wahs are like without output buffers, I'm not sure whether Jimi used an output buffer though.
Quote by jxljxl
Fais wins at life

Member of the EHX Guild
It's a modification that makes the wah work better with gain.
Quote by jxljxl
Fais wins at life

Member of the EHX Guild
Not hard if you've got a bit of knowledge on electronics.
Quote by jxljxl
Fais wins at life

Member of the EHX Guild
well i dont lol. if it doesnt require soldering then i can attempt
Quote by culkid
well i dont lol. if it doesnt require soldering then i can attempt

Oh.

Soldering's not really that hard, y'know. One of the easier things you can do with your hands.
Quote by jxljxl
Fais wins at life

Member of the EHX Guild
^whats the other easy thing done with your hands :P. is there a site that shows how to install this mod?
Quote by culkid
^whats the other easy thing done with your hands :P. is there a site that shows how to install this mod?

You can buy kits for it, if you want. I think there's a kit called the Area 51 kit, not too sure.
Quote by jxljxl
Fais wins at life

Member of the EHX Guild
It doesn't work well because of mismatching input/output impedances. If you put a buffered pedal (Boss, Ibanez, etc) in between the wah and the fuzz, you'll have no problems.

Hendrix used his fuzz before his wah, seeing as that's the only way you'll actually hear the wah; without adding a buffer.
Quote by mr_hankey
It doesn't work well because of mismatching input/output impedances. If you put a buffered pedal (Boss, Ibanez, etc) in between the wah and the fuzz, you'll have no problems.

Hendrix used his fuzz before his wah, seeing as that's the only way you'll actually hear the wah; without adding a buffer.

I was always told he had it after the wah. O_o
Quote by jxljxl
Fais wins at life

Member of the EHX Guild
it says on guitar geek that he used a wah first. and i have seen first hand pics of his guitar cable going directly to the wah mr hankey
Say whatever you want, but you can't get a proper wah sound if you use a fuzz after it; unless there is a buffer between the two.

EDIT: I just listened to 'Who Knows', and it does sound like he put his wah first: the wah doesn't sound right.

Quote by culkid
it says on guitar geek that he used a wah first. and i have seen first hand pics of his guitar cable going directly to the wah mr hankey

Care to post some of them? I've never seen any clear pictures which show the order of his effects.
well it is a poster on my guitar teachers wall... it is a poster from i tihnk guitar world of him with his back to the audience holding his right hand up in the sign of peace. and it shows the cable going to the wah
Last edited by culkid at Feb 29, 2008,