I've just installed it and I'm going to try and record via USB with a Digitech GNX system, but when I record something, it's playing back through the GNX through the amp output, is there a way to make the playback go through my computers speakers?
Funny words.
Erm....it's like devices panel....VST instruments or something...click control panel on that...then on there find the sound output bit....then whatever your pc speakers are, and move them up to the top on the sound output bit
Some people wait a lifetime, some simply accept...

...Some of us crash land, some of us eject...

...Some restore the blood flow, some just let it go and bleed...

...Some of us obsess, some move on to something new
it depends what you're actually using as your audio card. If you are using the Digitech GNX, then you need to hook speakers up to it.

What you can do, is use your computers ASIO driver, and use the GNX as the input and your computers audio card as the output.

Also, you need to enable monitoring on the track you're using. Otherwise you will only hear the "thru" of the GNX.
I'm pretty sure my solution would work if I made sense...but I don't...if anyone else gets what I mean then explain it better than me

Quote by Spazz128735
it depends what you're actually using as your audio card. If you are using the Digitech GNX, then you need to hook speakers up to it.

What you can do, is use your computers ASIO driver, and use the GNX as the input and your computers audio card as the output.

Also, you need to enable monitoring on the track you're using. Otherwise you will only hear the "thru" of the GNX.

Sorry, I'm really not very good with computers, so only about half of that really registered...
Funny words.
I have a cubase question to:

How do you create a new session without using the templates?
Quote by NorCalLos
I have a cubase question to:

How do you create a new session without using the templates?

new project > Empty.

Basically TS, what you do is, go to device setup, then VST multitrack i think it is, and then settings, and then advanced options. Uncheck your pedal thingy as an output, and check your speakers as an output and then highlight them and click "move up".

whilst we're on the subject, i'm having Cubease LE problems too.

I try to export, and every time it comes up with "An error occurred during export".
Now, i have the left and right locators set, and both of my tracks are padlocked. Nothing seems to be working, any thoughts?
Quote by Slinov
new project > Empty.

Basically TS, what you do is, go to device setup, then VST multitrack i think it is, and then settings, and then advanced options. Uncheck your pedal thingy as an output, and check your speakers as an output and then highlight them and click "move up".

I try to export, and every time it comes up with "An error occurred during export".
Now, i have the left and right locators set, and both of my tracks are padlocked. Nothing seems to be working, any thoughts?

I'm drawing up blanks here...
Funny words.
Quote by Slinov
new project > Empty.

You...if you havn't tried closing it and opening it again...need to change the file format you're exporting as...change it to .wav and it'll probably work

I had that problem once, the locater was set waaaaay to far along, is it set right at the end of the track?
Bass Player
Quote by Slinov

I had this problem with SX, make sure the colour between the two locators is blue and not red. If it's red then you have them the wrong way round.
there is no fear in this heart.

Quote by ETHANEVIL
How am I being or trying to be fabulous/glamorous?

I meant control panel. go there.

and i've tried opening and closing cubease, and i'm gonna try the set the right locator to the end of the track thing

EDIT: I love you, it works now. love to all in this thread
Last edited by Slinov at Feb 28, 2008,
^ Mine isn't showing anything like that, could be because I'm using SX and you're using LE?

I don't know, I'm just unhappy and cold inside now
Funny words.