have a guitar with floyd rose but no locking nut???
has anyone tried??
any experiences?
because i guess im not the only guitar player annoyed with floyds when you need to retune or tune 1 step lower...
Ivan!

Proghead+Metalhead= ME

||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||

URL=http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/ar gentina
The whole point of a floyd is the locking nut...
Xbox Live tag: Dream Away Rain
Add!

Quote by marko'd
dont sweat how quick your progressing, i heard that Jimi hendrix didnt get his legendary guitar skills until he was dead

Quote by Dreadnought
+ MOTHERFUCKIN' 1

Why would you even want to do something like that?
It all makes sense
We're capable of beauty
Through sounds that make on cringe
The dogs only hear us now

if you don't like being in tune it's ok.

*DIVEBOMB*

Hey why's my low E C flat???
Last edited by TechnicolorType at Feb 28, 2008,
it's no big deal to play without the locking nut.... You'll throw your guitar out of tune more frequently, but I've got a friend that gigs a lot and for a song or two in their set, he uses an ESP with a Floyd Rose but without the nut because he lost the lockers... He still dives the thing and it pops right back

On another note, their band rocks, been on the warped tour, opened for Aerosmith and Motley Crue, play all the major hollywood venues and out of state...

Check em out on myspace, the band is called Outlett...
Washburn D-12
Ibanez RG
Ibanez RG 7321
Epiphone Les Paul / EMG 81 85
Fender MIM Ash Stratocaster
Digitech Whammy
Small Stone Phaser
Boss SD-1-Modded
Boss MT-2-Modded
Boss CE-5
Boss DD-3-Modded
ISP Decimator
B-52 AT-212
Last edited by Reildeal at Feb 28, 2008,
Quote by ivan_2894
have a guitar with floyd rose but no locking nut???
has anyone tried??
any experiences?
because i guess im not the only guitar player annoyed with floyds when you need to retune or tune 1 step lower...

It works fine.

Some people like Chris Broderick have customs made with a Floyd trem, but without a locking nut.

Personally, I like to keep the locking nut off on my guitars with a trem.

Anyway, the lack of locking nut can be compensated with locking tuners and a graphite/roller nut.

Keep in mind though that with any floating trem, with or without a locking nut, you will still have to go through the same tedious tuning process.
You've read it, you can't un-read it!
It's like buying a car and asking them to remove the left rear tire from the rim. You can drive without it, but it's going to suck.
Quote by gregs1020
It's like buying a car and asking them to remove the left rear tire from the rim. You can drive without it, but it's going to suck.

Not quite like that......

works fine without the locking nut
Washburn D-12
Ibanez RG
Ibanez RG 7321
Epiphone Les Paul / EMG 81 85
Fender MIM Ash Stratocaster
Digitech Whammy
Small Stone Phaser
Boss SD-1-Modded
Boss MT-2-Modded
Boss CE-5
Boss DD-3-Modded
ISP Decimator
B-52 AT-212
Quote by Bonsaischaap
Some people like Chris Broderick have customs made with a Floyd trem, but without a locking nut.

EVERY time, damn you!

Yeah it will work, decent tuners and a decent nut will hold tune near enough perfectly with a floyd rose style trem.

My Carvin has a wilkinson trem, a graphtech nut and the carvin stock tuners and I've never knocked it out of tune due to tremolo use.