Anyone have any experience with these? I've been looking for a Rhoads model for a long time, and I think I've found the perfect one with Jackson Stars. Although I've heard good things about the RR3, I didnt want it because it had a bolt on neck (paired with a tremelo, it would take away ALOT of sustain) and I didnt think the tremelo was that great. I couldnt get an RR5 because of the lack of tremelo. I thought about an RR1, but I dont have $2000, nor will I anytime soon, to spend on it.

I heard about Jackson stars, and I found out about the RR-J, which is almost exactly like the American made RR1. It's got a Schaller Floyd (which I hear are just as good as an OFR), a bound ebony fretboard, neck through construction, seymour duncans, and looks exactly the same as the RR1, besides it saying "Jackson Stars" instead of just "Jackson" on the headstock. It only costs about $1000 too, which is half the price of the RR1. Does anyone know of any other differences besides the ones I mentioned? Because it just seems hard to beleive that it would be $1000 less because it's made in Japan and says Jackson Stars on the headstock. Also, anyone who owns or played a Jackson Stars, if you could give me some feedback as to how they are, thatd be awesome too.
Was it polemically sent,
I Wanna know what you meant
I Wanna know,
Well a quick google shows they're related to Charvel, which can never be a bad thing
I don't know much about them, but if theyr Charvel owned i'd say they won't just be cheap budget rip-offs
Although, i definitely don't know for sure.....
Quote by jxljxl
If UG had a Facebook style Relationship thing, I'd e-marry you C-mak

Quote by jxljxl
I want C-mak in my bum.

^Think he might have a thing for me...
They're owned by Jackson (American) too, they're just made in Japan instead of America. Theyre all dramatically lower priced though, which leads me to beleive the workmanship isnt as good, but I've heard that the workmanship on them is excellent.
Was it polemically sent,
I Wanna know,
Generally speaking, Japanese made guitar amps are by no means low quality I'd definitely look into them....
As i say though, there are DEFINITELY people here who can tell you more about them than me
Quote by jxljxl
If UG had a Facebook style Relationship thing, I'd e-marry you C-mak

Quote by jxljxl
I want C-mak in my bum.

^Think he might have a thing for me...
Good luck getting someone to export you one; Jackson has frozen exports on STARs. A lot of people love them, but they are very hard and expensive to come by. If you were going Semi-Custom I could see it, but by the time you import them it would cost almost as much as new RR1.
^ Do you mean ordering directly from Jackson Stars, or just from anywhere in Japan in general? I cant think of the name of the site now, I'll post it if someone really needs it, but they said they ship to the US, although they didnt say how much it would be. The guitar itself was only $1040.

Also, do you know if there are any difference in the way they make them? For example the hardware they use or the finishes or something.
Was it polemically sent,
I Wanna know,
Quote by LastCaress88
^ Do you mean ordering directly from Jackson Stars, or just from anywhere in Japan in general? I cant think of the name of the site now, I'll post it if someone really needs it, but they said they ship to the US, although they didnt say how much it would be. The guitar itself was only $1040.

Also, do you know if there are any difference in the way they make them? For example the hardware they use or the finishes or something.

They don't sell direct. The issues exporting are dealerwise. And there is no difference in how they are made; IE the necks are handshaped like on the Pro and MG.