Would this speed be considered slow or fast? Either way am trying to play a piece of music at this quoted speed and I carnt keep up?
What time signature?
Xbox Live tag: Dream Away Rain
Add!

Quote by marko'd
dont sweat how quick your progressing, i heard that Jimi hendrix didnt get his legendary guitar skills until he was dead

Quote by Dreadnought
+ MOTHERFUCKIN' 1
it's in 4/4, the C stands for Common time (4/4)
Dissonance is Bliss

Signal Chain:
Carvin CT-4
Ibanez TS-9
Carvin Quad-X
TC Electronics G-Major
Mesa/Boogie 2:90
Ear Candy BuzzBomb

Member #4 of the Carvin Club
4/4 time at 170 is moderate more than anything else, a lot of music is faster, and a significant amount is slower
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Depends on what sorta note you're playing.

Try playing at 66bpm, just playing the A major scale, try to play it at 8 notes per click. Then it seems VERY fast, when it's only at 66bpm.
Quote by TERU
Erm, erm, the tab book doesnt say but it just has a huge big C were the time sig normally is, heres the song.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qG3_NkTaLWc

Dude that's a tough song, go easy on yourself
Jackson KV2
Epiphone SG-Special
Freshman FA1 AWR
Roland Cube 15

Member of
'girls of UG club’
PM Noxiosimitator to join
Tempo on its own means little, and note value on its own means little. The two in conjunction provide the actual "speed" of the song. That seems like at least 16ths at 170, which is pretty fast.
Quote by dudetheman
So what? I wasted like 5 minutes watching DaddyTwoFoot's avatar.

Metalheads are the worst thing that ever happened to metal.
Quote by thewho65
It could be cut time though(?)

Isn't that a C with a line through it?

TS: That song is not especially fast but it's difficult I can tell you that; sweeping and solid alternate picking in 16ths at 170 is no mean feat. Take it easy, it'll come with time and practice.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.