I ordered something from an online store and decided that I don't want it (nothing was opened).

I have the option to pay to ship it back or simply to refuse the package, which won't cost me anything. The value of the item is about $200.

I am just concerned that simply refusing the item might be unreliable and If the store doesn't get it I may not get a refund?

The thing is the "Return to Sender" option is included in this shipping method and I would feel bad If I didn't take advantage of it if there was no risk.

It's Canada Post by the way which I believe is on par with USPS.
They might not acknowledge that you sent it to them if you do the "return to sender" option. Ship it back yourself and email them with the delivery confirmation number. Foolproof.
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
Buy A coffin...

But really listen Gandalf the tan...
Extispicy: Predicting The Future Though The Study Of Animal Entrails...
I ordered from a reputable website so I doubt they would do that and it's within the country.
Reputable or not, it's best to ship it back yourself. Things get lost/misplaced/stolen/ignored at bigger organizations, especially ones that have thousands of orders to ship out per day. They might think that it's a wrong address and they might or might not contact you back about the package. Then you would have to go through hassle and a half to get your money back. If you are so keen on possibly losing $200, go ahead and send it back to them via "return to sender." I wouldn't.
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
what store was it by chance?
Quote by dookie_dude_
Then go in a Fall Out Boy mosh pit. There much safer considering there only 13 year old girls in it.
Steve's music based in Montreal.

Reputable or not, it's best to ship it back yourself. Things get lost/misplaced/stolen/ignored at bigger organizations, especially ones that have thousands of orders to ship out per day. If you are so keen on possibly losing $200, go ahead and send it back to them. I wouldn't.

I think you are right it only costs $10 or so to ship it back anyway might as well be safe.