Look at the fender bassman. I'm pretty sure the bassman is a guitar amp, but I noticed the second cab on the bassman is somesort of subwoofer, meaning it's a bass amp. I'm a bit confused, but I'd liek to buy this amp due to the low price.
Thanks.
It's a bass amp. Nothing else.

But it's meant to be great for guitar sounds....
Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger
You could always just sleep beside your refrigerator.

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
- Fender 'Lite Ash' Stratocaster
- Fender '72 Deluxe Telecaster
- Arbiter LP Jr. Doublecut
Amp:
- Laney VC15

'72 Tele Appreciation Group
RIP DIO
it was originally designed for basses but the bass players didn't like it and the country guitarists did. so it's actually a bass amp that guitarplayers play....
Quote by acl245
Simsimium, can u put a guitar into a bass amp? cuz i know that if you put a bass guitar into an electric guitar amp, it will destroy the amp

http://youtube.com/watch?v=dU2uNjxvBcs
As many others have said it is a bass amp. This does not mean you can't use it with your guitar but you won't get as good high notes as on a guitar amp. This is because the subwoofer will always make sound a tadge lower. So it's gonna be harder for you to copy any favorite solos you might want to play as it's gonna sound quite different.
Guitars:
1994 Epiphone Explorer
1997 Epiphone Les Paul
Tech side:
Blackheart BH5H Little Giant
Rat DeuceTone
EH Knockout
G Lab Wowhee Wah
They were better for guitar up until the 70's. After that, they can be safely regarded as bass amps. You're probably looking at a new SS one. That's definitely a bass amp.

My own Bassman is one of the best guitar amps I've ever played, and isn't very good for bass.

One of the greatest blues/rock amps, IMO.
Quote by st.jimmy4091680
Billie Joe used to use one....

*Throws Bassman away*
Quote by acl245
Simsimium, can u put a guitar into a bass amp? cuz i know that if you put a bass guitar into an electric guitar amp, it will destroy the amp

You can put guitar through a bass amp with virtually no risk of damage at all.

The idea that you shouldn't put a bass through a guitar amp is true to a point but for the wrong reasons; lots of people will tell you it'll blow out the amp but it is my understanding that the amp will be fine and the speakers will blow because they're not designed for the frequencies of tone basses put out.

Bass speakers however have a much greater range of frequency reproduction so they cope perfectly well with guitar signal.

It's worth noting that Josh Homme of Queens of the Stone Age has been using AMPEG SVT bass amps for basically his whole career.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr
It's worth noting that Josh Homme of Queens of the Stone Age has been using AMPEG SVT bass amps for basically his whole career.

Through guitar speakers, I presume.

I'm using guitar speakers with mine as well.
Quote by mr_hankey
Through guitar speakers, I presume.

I'm using guitar speakers with mine as well.

I'm not sure, but I know I'm running my Laney through a bass cab and it sounds fine and shows no signs of anything close to damage.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
My teacher has a Bassman that his students(As in me) use. It sounds really good.
Keeping it real since '92
The Bassman is a bass amp that is more popular as a guitar amp.

Guitar -> bass amp = fine.
Bass -> guitar amp = possible destroyed amp.
Quote by dudetheman
So what? I wasted like 5 minutes watching DaddyTwoFoot's avatar.

Metalheads are the worst thing that ever happened to metal.
The new bassman LTD is a guitar amp. Its got the same circut, but guitar speakers
Founder of UG's David Bowie Fan Club. Pm to join.

Founder of UG's "Rockers against being freakishly skinny" Club. PM to join.
Quote by zekk
The new bassman LTD is a guitar amp. Its got the same circut, but guitar speakers

The original had guitar speakers as well.
Quote by mr_hankey
The original had guitar speakers as well.

Yes, but they worked as bassspeakers without blowing out. I'm not gonna risk trying my bass in this one

Quote by zekk
Yes, but they worked as bassspeakers without blowing out. I'm not gonna risk trying my bass in this one

Plenty of bass player blew the speakers in those, especially the earlier ones, those with a single 15".
Quote by mr_hankey
Plenty of bass player blew the speakers in those, especially the earlier ones, those with a single 15".

Oh, didn't know that. Thanks for telling me, really.