Im looking to get a "future proof" bass cab and head to use for gigging, would these cabs be a good buy? The guy is selling them localy for about £175:http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=120226638061&ru=http%3A%2F%2Fsearch.ebay.co.uk%3A80%2Fsearch%2Fsearch.dll%3Ffrom%3DR40%26_trksid%3Dm37%26satitle%3D120226638061%26fvi%3D1

If so what would be a good head for use with these cabs?

Cheers
Last edited by Ripper_66 at Feb 28, 2008,
Well even though they are Behringer, the speakers are supposedly replaced. However, the guy doesn't seem so sure, so be wary. Also, 2x15s (are they that?) may not give you the tone you want.
I would also say Ashdown. Get this and this and you will be a very happy person.

What kind of sound are you looking for though?
Quote by Bumper
Looks like you had a big bowl of Downs Syndrome for breakfast.

Member of the Bass Militia, PM Nutter_101 to join

Lover of Ashdown? Join the Ashdown Army!
Ashdown cabs have gained a bit of a negative reputation but mine sounds fine. I might check some reviews and/or play through one before you buy it.

No complaints on my end concerning Ashdown gear.
Well im in an indie/rock band, a genre in which everyone seams to have a P-bass, so an amp that goes nice with a p-bass is really what im looking for.
Well I have a P-Bass and play in an indie/rock band through an Ashdown and love my sound .

That also seems to be the general rig for most other indie musicians too and there's reason for it, it sounds great!
Quote by Bumper

Quote by indie-bassist
Well I have a P-Bass and play in an indie/rock band through an Ashdown and love my sound .

That also seems to be the general rig for most other indie musicians too and there's reason for it, it sounds great!

Sounds good, looks like I'm gonna go with ashdown unless anyone hs any other suggestions? Is that site a trustworthy place to buy it from?
Yeah it's a trustworthy place, I've bought a few things from them before and they've been good.
Quote by Bumper

Easily, it's 180 watt with one cabinet and with two cabinets you can get the full 300 watss but even at 180 it's still plenty loud enough for small-medium venues. Plus in medium-sized venues and larger, you're pretty much guaranteed a PA system anyway.
Quote by Bumper

You can always expand on with a 1x15 or something.

That's what I'm going to do... once I get specie... >.>
Quote by indie-bassist
Easily, it's 180 watt with one cabinet and with two cabinets you can get the full 300 watss but even at 180 it's still plenty loud enough for small-medium venues. Plus in medium-sized venues and larger, you're pretty much guaranteed a PA system anyway.

Ok thanks, If im using a PA I will still use the amp to hear myself on stage right?
Yeah you will, some places will give you a monitor as well so you can hear yourself and everyone else too.
Quote by Bumper