Right so i cant sing and play at the same time!

My hand kinda follows whatever my voice does, and vice cersa haha its quite odd in a way.

Anyone else get this?

Is this common? Are there any exercises i can do to get around this?

HELP

Cheers
I learned and improved by writing my lyrics so cadence went along with the strum. As I got (and get) more comfortable with it I've been able to start doing more complicated things.
And maybe we can fly away from here, surf on the debris of a broken scene...
whats easiest for me, is to get playing the song down so well, to where you dont have to think about it to play it. when you get there attempt to sing w/ it
Gear:
  • Orange TH30
  • Framus Cobra 4x12
  • Gibson Les Paul Studio
  • Gibson Explorer
  • Taylor 214CE-G
I think thats common when you start singing. Just practice the guitar part without sing over and over until it sort of comes natural, and then try and work on the singing.
i used to have the exact problems
im still not great at it, and im a really bad singer in general
but i've been getting a lot better just by trying to practice....try like playing one chord and just singing...then start switching chords...then eventually you can start playing all the right chords and rhythms...i guess?
Quote by metaldud536
Because there is a bomb in the lasagna!

Quote by Kid_Thorazine
make loud howling noises and throw your feces at them whenever they bring it up, I suggest that your GF does the same.
practice the song so that u can do it without thinking about, thats wut geddy lee said in a bass magazine
Gear:
Guitars/ Basses:
PRS SE singlecut w/Tremolo
Epiphone Sg
Epiphone Thunderbird

Waiting in the wings:
Squier Strat mod
(soon to start)

Amps:
Line 6 Spider JAM
Peavey Max 115 bass amp
Ive never done this before, but RTFS!

That basically means read the music theory faq. In there is an article on singing and playing.

If you have any more questions, post in the vocal thread.

*reported*
Quote by funkdaddyfresh
justin, that was easily the most inspiring, helpful piece of advice anyone has ever given me in regards to my musical pursuits.

Screaming Help
Practice is most important firstly.
However, you can try to do songs by very simple bands such as Coldplay and Oasis where it is straight forward strumming and singing. Start off simple and build up to the better songs.
Quote by HILIKUS!
I think thats common when you start singing. Just practice the guitar part without sing over and over until it sort of comes natural, and then try and work on the singing.

this is the best way to get better at it
Gear
ESP Ltd EC-256
Takamine G-40
Boss NS-2
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Classic OD
MXR 10-Band EQ
Boss TU-3
B 52 AT-100
B 52 AT 412A

Line 6 Relay G30
I think everyone has that problem when they start out trying to play and sing at the same time.

You can easily get over it with practice.
The way I started was by just playing along with the vocal lines at first. Then as you go on slowly add bits which stray from what you're doing with your voice, eg. play along with the voice and play one note that strays whilst keeping the vocals the same.
Gear List:
B.C. Rich NT Jr. V (With Seymour Duncan AHB-1 Blackout in bridge)
Electro-Harmonix Metal Muff
Marshall MG15DFX
Jazz III picks
DR strings
Planet Waves Cables
Quote by justin_fraser
Ive never done this before, but RTFS!

That basically means read the music theory faq. In there is an article on singing and playing.

If you have any more questions, post in the vocal thread.

*Closed*
(Slightly outdated) Electronic and classical compositions by m'self: Check 'em out