i have band practice tomorrow and we currently don't have a PA so our singer can't be mic'ed up... so i thought, hey, what if i plug the mic into my second guitar input ?
would it hurt the amp or would it be fine ?
it's a normal dynamic mic.

i also have a little mixing table (only with 4 inputs and volume controls) that i could put inbetween the mic and the amp, if that would be better.

thoughts, comments ? it's kinda urgent, because otherwise we'll have to practice for 3 hours without any singing

thanks guys
I'm pretty sure that normally, if you input something into one jack, it cancels out the other one.
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
^^so no impedance overload or something ?

what would be my best method: using the mic by itself, or with the mixing table aswell ?

^ nah, i have played quite a few times with another guitarist though my amp, and we're both amplified.
It'll work fine, thats how we always practice. Nothing will go bad.
Do you use a BR-600?
If so, click here to join the group thats made for you!
ok. what do you think would be best ? using the mic only, or the mixing table too ?

what about the sound quality ? i can imagine it does't sound too pretty
Quote by The red Strat.
ok. what do you think would be best ? using the mic only, or the mixing table too ?

what about the sound quality ? i can imagine it does't sound too pretty

it sounds fine, but a bit on the quiet side. well, i suppose it depends what kind of amp u have
Arbor A410 Bass
Dinosaur 20 Watt Bass Amp
Line 6 Spider III 75 Watt
Squier Bullet

Excuse me sir, have you been thinking tonight?
Quote by wshnationals
it sounds fine, but a bit on the quiet side. well, i suppose it depends what kind of amp u have

ok, i just came home from practice.

it worked fine, although it was quiet as you said. i fixed that by turning the amp up to 2 (the hot rods are very sensitive in the 1-3 volume range) and rolling off my guitar volume.

it sounded quite crappy though but what can you expect from a low-fi guitar amp for vocals

thanks again for the advice guys
That's the way it was done before the rise of PA systems. Whole bands would sometimes play through one (guitar) amp.
Quote by mr_hankey
That's the way it was done before the rise of PA systems. Whole bands would sometimes play through one (guitar) amp.

my goodness !

even the drummer when he mic'd up ?

EDIT: and the bassist ?! wouldn't he blow up a guitar amp at high volumes ?
We do that in school, it works, crappily. Guitar volume needs turning down. Loosing sustain and tone quality, and if you play distorted you distort vocals. Its pretty ick...
Quote by beckyjc
We do that in school, it works, crappily. Guitar volume needs turning down. Loosing sustain and tone quality, and if you play distorted you distort vocals. Its pretty ick...

yeah, that was annoying. oh well, it's still better than no vocals at all.