right, im thinking of selling my boss gt-5 to upgrade to a vox tonelab se. I use a peavey bandit 112 and was wondering if it was worth doing?

i just need someones opinion really.

cheers
Id consider that a downgrade but whatever makes you happy.(asuming youve actually played the vox)
Quote by kyrreca
You could get $1000 custom made pickups hand wired with Eric Johnsons pubic hair, and they'd still sound pretty bad through a ****ty solid state practice amp.

Quote by Geetar_Axel
Really? I thought Frontmans where highly respected around here?!
the boss is more versatile and natural sounding.
I do love the tonelab but its a bit over-rated.
Quote by kyrreca
You could get $1000 custom made pickups hand wired with Eric Johnsons pubic hair, and they'd still sound pretty bad through a ****ty solid state practice amp.

Quote by Geetar_Axel
Really? I thought Frontmans where highly respected around here?!
Quote by moominman2
right, im thinking of selling my boss gt-5 to upgrade to a vox tonelab se. I use a peavey bandit 112 and was wondering if it was worth doing?

i just need someones opinion really.

cheers
My opinion is keep the GT-5. Get individual distortion pedals and put them in the send/recv loop. Use the pedals instead of COSM and distortion stompbox modeling. And use the other FX (delay, reverb, chorus, wah, phase, etc....) from the GT-5. If you get a tube amp with FX loop then you can use the 4CM to put the amp's preamp in the GT-5 send/recv loop, along with any distortion pedals you want.

IMO you will like that better than the modeling in the Tonelab.
You could sell the GT5 and upgrade to the GT10...... THAT WOULD be an upgrade.
Quote by hrdcorelaxplaya
Your crappy amp achieved a purposely crappy tone? I'll alert the presses.
haha, yeh ok its not a very good upgrade! i played it round at a mates and just really liked it. I dont seem to get the right tone from the boss you see.

fly135, that sounds like a good idea

cheers everyone
Quote by moominman2
haha, yeh ok its not a very good upgrade! i played it round at a mates and just really liked it. I dont seem to get the right tone from the boss you see.

fly135, that sounds like a good idea

cheers everyone
Here's a link demoing the Hafler T3. Not my video, but I watched it after I saw the T3 pop up on Craigslist. I picked it up for $115.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=hzEyWzTz8zo

With a setup like this you get the benefits of using individual pedals along with being able to use all the time/mod/filter fx in the GT-5. Another benefit is that the FX loop is fully buffered and less subject to tone loss and noise than a straight up pedals only layout.