So my g/fs dad wants me to ask permission from him before I take his daughter on a date. We can be "dating" but can't go on "dates". Obviously a somewhat large difference. Personally I think this is utter BS from a man who preaches to "live your life, don't worry about anything, just live it." He doesn't allow my g/f to do much, I think he's being very hypocritical, but that isn't the point. The point is, I need to know how to do this.

Should I just get an engagement ring now? Does he realize we're kids in high school, it's not like we're getting married. Who knows what the man planning to marry her is going to have to do. God bless him.

So how do I do this stupid crap?

/frustration
Duckksecks

Duck #5 of the African Water Hole fan club PM findingmyway to join!
Dude, ask the guy permission. If you like his daughter that much, treat the man with respect.
Quote by Atomic_Assault
lololololol that was epic andyd93. you just made my day

PROUD EVERTONIAN
Just ask him for permission. I'm sure when you're older and have children you'll be a little over-protective over them. Especially now that there is so much teenage pregnancies and shit going on.
ask him?
Quote by darkstar2466

I love you.

Quote by rabidguitarist

Can I be your adopted parent? I'd love you like a real son.

"Arguing over the internet is like the special olympics. No matter who wins, your both still retards." - A man of many muffins
It's a sign of respect. He has a chance to size you up and judge your intentions. Frankly, just do it and honor the guy instead of being a whiney kid about it.
fight to the death.its the only solution.your gf can only have one man in her life
ಠ_ಠ
<|>
/ω\

Tell me what nation on this earth, was not born of tragedy-Primordial
just be like "i'd like to take your daughter out this saturday night to dinner and a movie" or something like that depending on the situation i guess...
<Raven> I got so baked last night
<Raven> that I WOKE UP high o_o
<Raven> Do you have any idea how euphoric that is?
<Raven> I felt like I was being born.
Quote by I_hate_kyle
It's a sign of respect. He has a chance to size you up and judge your intentions. Frankly, just do it and honor the guy instead of being a whiney kid about it.

+1

it's his way of making sure his daughter is going to be going out with the right kind of guy.
Quote by Slinov
+1

it's his way of making sure his daughter is going to be going out with the right kind of guy.

she's obviously not going out with the right kind of guy if he's seriously sitting here on ug trash talking his girlfriend's dad. is this guy a ****in retard or somethin? a lot of dads make guys ask for permission to date. idiot...
It will help you gain his respect some if you ask him. So... Just Do It.
Do you use a BR-600?
If so, click here to join the group thats made for you!
Quote by andyd93
Dude, ask the guy permission. If you like his daughter that much, treat the man with respect.

Exactly
ask to f**k her
Quote by JeanMi36
Back when I was a teen, I was making out with this girl, when I had the bright idea of putting my hand inside her panties.

She had her period.

I'm scarred for life
Dude, you gotta be good friends with the dad.. if he doesnt like you, **** hits the fan.

^
He's laughing at YOU.
You better click that bastard.

Ibanez RG370DX
Peavey Valveking 112 (w/ Bad Monkey and GE-7 EQ)
He's trying to see if you're worth his daughter. Just ask him permission, it's not that big a deal.
Quote by Jackal58
Nothing is stranger than being anonymous.
Ask him, or brutally murder him and have sex with your girlfriend on his body. You know, totally kinky shit.
you are a bitch. if your girlfriend knew that you were talking **** about her dad on the internet to hundreds of animals i dont think shed be happy. put yourself in his shoes. if you had a daughter id hope that youd be cautious with her selections.
If she's worth it, ask him.
D-U-F-R-A-I-S

Quote by darkstar2466
WRONG.

The only reason it exists is because drugs get people fucked up, and people love getting fucked up.

Well in all fairness how would you feel if you're daughter was dating some teenage scumbag who actually asks for advice in the pit...

I'm not reading back, has anyone said fap or rape yet?
Well ask him then man. He is asking you to act like a man. Just don't ask while hes cleaning his gun.
epic7734
Guys wow. It's not like I need to know to ask him, I'm not ****ing retarded. I need the correct wording, because I know he's going to scrutinize me carefully, and my choice of words is pretty crucial.

You act like I'm some immoral human being. Of course I know why he wants me to ask, it's the fact that I have never been in this situation that frustrates the hell out of my because I don't know how to ask it.

Jesus. Her dad is a funny guy but this situation is new, chill the eff out.
Duckksecks

Duck #5 of the African Water Hole fan club PM findingmyway to join!
"sir it would be my honor to accompany your daughter to the movies tonight, of course only with your permission".
epic7734
Just start up a conversation and casually drop in "Hey would it be alright if we could go to *insert place here* on *insert day here* at *insert time here*?"
Ask him to go on a date with her, then after a few dates ask him if its ok for her to suck your dick as she's been begging since the first date and you thought you'd better ask
you: can we have a man-to- man talk?
him: sure, go ahead
you: there's this girl, right
him: yeah? and you really like her, dont you?
you: yeah, id really like to take her out, because i want to treat her like a real lady, and i just wondered if you happen to know what her father would say
him: *pat on the back* sure, son, have fun

tadaaa
Don't be a douche about it. He might rape you when your off guard.
Quote by wiggyisgreat
Slooj, I'd bang you so hard.

••The Robin Trower Fans Group••
PM me to join!
I'm with everyone one else, time to grow a pair buddy!
Kit:

Tanglewood TW28STR
PRS Soapbar SE II
Epiphone LP100

Roland Cube 30x (New!)