I have a demonstrative speech to do for language arts class. I want to do somthing with guitar but I dont know what to do. These people dont know a lot about guitar except for my 3 friends. So nothing too hard. People of the Pit I need your help what should I do.
I know now what I knew then, but I didn't know then what I know now
Show them the different parts and tell them how it creates sound and such.
Do you use a BR-600?
If so, click here to join the group thats made for you!
Dude, i know the perfect thing, i did a demonstrative speech on guitar in my speech class, i showed the class how to string and tune a guitar, only because when i go over to peoples houses, most of them own a guitar, only because there parents bought it for them, and its so out of tune and so mistreated that it killed me

so i showed them what happens when a string break by snipping the string, then re strung it, then tuned it, then used a rag to clean off the fingerprints, got an A plus yo!

EDIT: I still have a copy of the speech if you need a reference.
Quote by pmeg568c
oh man, seems as though i totally forgot about anal

Quote by visa
That made absoulutely no sense how do you tie your shoes in little nazi's?
Cool but I only have 6 minutes to do whatever I am going to do and my friend said he was going to show how to tune a guitar. (Im not that fast at restringing so to give the speech and do it in under 6 minutes I might not make it)
Quote by thewho65
Do a history of the electric guitar.

How can I demonstrate the history of anything.
cough*crack*cough
Quote by Zigler9
How can I demonstrate the history of anything.
cough*crack*cough

Whoops, didn't see the demonstrating part. Well, you could show the evolution of the guitar if you have access to several different types.
Well I have an Epiphone Sg Gibson S1(almost looks like a Les Paul),Ibanez, acoustic. but Im not sure I want to take 4 guitars into our hick school.
Quote by Zigler9
Cool but I only have 6 minutes to do whatever I am going to do and my friend said he was going to show how to tune a guitar. (Im not that fast at restringing so to give the speech and do it in under 6 minutes I might not make it)

Well, i think mine had to be five minutes, you only have to do one string, and you dont even have to restring it, just snip on string, show them how to string it through the holes in and then tune other strings. then just wipe it down with a cloth, shouldnt be over 6 minutes
Quote by pmeg568c
oh man, seems as though i totally forgot about anal

Quote by visa
That made absoulutely no sense how do you tie your shoes in little nazi's?
Quote by hendrixfreak93
maybe show how to play a Cmajor7 chord.

I dont think I could teach one chord for 6 minutes but mabey a song with 3 easy chords.
Quote by Zigler9
I dont think I could teach one chord for 6 minutes but mabey a song with 3 easy chords.

if you'd be willing to, play HOLIDAY
by you-know-who.
i'm sure our hick/tasteless school would love it.
Quote by hendrixfreak93
if you'd be willing to, play HOLIDAY
by you-know-who.
i'm sure our hick/tasteless school would love it.

Blech but ya they would or anything off guitar hero
Maybe something to do with music theory?

Play solos in 3 different modes and talk about how it changes the feel?

Something along those lines...
tl;dr : IM BETTER THAN YOU