Hi yesterday I got my first tube amp, a peavey classic 30 which I'd been looking for about a year, cost me $350AU. Now I'm wondering what I should do to keep it in it's best condition possible. Just like tips to keep it working fine.

Thanks
My Guitar

Quote by metacarpi
Do it once, it's a mistake.

Keep doing it, it's Jazz.

Quote by SlinkyBlue
I remember when I was really young, I had a wet dream in which i was being dragged along an urban countryside by a pickup truck.
Just make sure you know how to use standby properly. Keep some extra tubes and fuses around if you can.
You know...
Never turn it on without speakers being connected.
Turn it off when you're done playing for a while
Don't spill beer on it or use it as a wrecking ball
You know, the usual ways of keeping amps alive.

And, congrats on the c30. Great amps.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
Quote by Roc8995
Just make sure you know how to use standby properly. Keep some extra tubes and fuses around if you can.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think it has a standby that's why I'm a bit worried when I turn it off there is like a boom from the speakers. Is that normal?
My Guitar

Quote by metacarpi

Quote by SlinkyBlue
I remember when I was really young, I had a wet dream in which i was being dragged along an urban countryside by a pickup truck.
c30's don't have standbys.
Well, before you turn it on, don't plug in your guitar or just turn your volume knob down all the way while it warms up.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
Quote by Pink Zeptallica
Correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think it has a standby that's why I'm a bit worried when I turn it off there is like a boom from the speakers. Is that normal?

My bass amp does this, I'm fairly sure it's normal.
Allright cheers for that. Gota go to school now cya.
My Guitar

Quote by metacarpi

Quote by SlinkyBlue
Anyone have any problems with peaveys overheating since it doesnt have a fan ...
My Guitar

Quote by metacarpi

Quote by SlinkyBlue
And can someone recommend a good effects pedal? My playing includes, blues, classic rock, mostly clean with a touch of distortion. Mabey a cheap loop pedal aswell.
My Guitar

Quote by metacarpi

Quote by SlinkyBlue
Quote by Pink Zeptallica
Anyone have any problems with peaveys overheating since it doesnt have a fan ...

my peavey classic 50(newest one) has a fan in it. Doesnt overheat.
Fender CIJ Mustang
Fender Jagstang
Fender MIM Custom Telecaster
Fender MIM Strat
Peavey Classic 50 2x12
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Fender PT-100 Tuner
Boss SD-1
EH Small Clone
Vox Wah
Digitech Digidelay
Quote by Pink Zeptallica

Yeah im sure you could fry an egg on mine after an hours playing (not proven........yet).
Ive never had a problem with it OVERheating though.
My stuff:
Fender Tele 60's Reissue
Schecter Blackhawk
Vintage V300 acoustic
Yamaha RB170 Bass

Peavey Classic 30 amp

Boss SD-1, DOD Grunge, Guyatone PS-010 Compressor, Marshall SV-1, Vox V847, Zoom G2, Line6 Echo Park
Quote by Pink Zeptallica
And can someone recommend a good effects pedal? My playing includes, blues, classic rock, mostly clean with a touch of distortion. Mabey a cheap loop pedal aswell.

tubescreamer overdrive.
dont get one of those multi effects. that would just suck your tone.
Quote by Soma3009
I came up with this kick ass riff on my ukelele when I was 12. Find out two years later, it was smoke on the water. Got my hopes and dreams killed..

Quote by saintjimmy99
you used the right form of "their!" i commend you sir!

Does anyone know about the blues driver pedal for boss they any good?
My Guitar

Quote by metacarpi

Quote by SlinkyBlue
that seems pretty good, but i have heard the digitech bad monkey is a good poor mans tubescreamer copy.
Quote by Soma3009
I came up with this kick ass riff on my ukelele when I was 12. Find out two years later, it was smoke on the water. Got my hopes and dreams killed..

Quote by saintjimmy99
you used the right form of "their!" i commend you sir!

I didn't like my Blues Driver until I modded it to Keeley specs. Also, my band has played up to 3 hours at a time and my C30 has never overheated. Usually we play 4 hours with 2 half hour breaks though, so I just switch it off between sets.
...to give your love no matter what is what she said...