Are they any good, how do theyre differ from other licensed floyd rose trem, & how do they compare to the original floyd rose trem??

thnx
They are slightly different from the originals, but are the best licensed Floyd Rose's available.
Quote by metallifan1
They are slightly different from the originals, but are the best licensed Floyd Rose's available.

Oh, by far. They actually come on guitars in the 1000+ range (some washburns, etc)
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
If I'm not mistaken, Original Floyd Roses and Schallers are made in the same factory. The biggest difference (aside from the sizes, the Schaller being wider from E to e and having smaller locking screws) is that the Schaller is made of cast iron with steel inserts, while the OFR is made of hardened steel.
^ i think that's right. they're quality floyds, but everyone seems to have their own preference as to which is best.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I've played on both bridges. I haven't played long enough on an OFR to really make an accurate description on how good they are. Everyone says they're the best there is. Personally I'd take their word for it. As for the Schallers, last month I just dropped one into my Rhoads. A month really isn't long enough to say whether something is good or not, but So Far So Good...So what?! Haha.

I'd say that so far the Schaller is very good. I've been abusing the hell out of it and it's holding tune really well. My only problem is because of the fatter locking screws, you don't have as much range to use the fine tuners. It's not that big of a deal, but hey, some people will gripe about it.
hey thanks everyone, I've beening looking around the internet, & it seems the that original floyd rose's are sold out everywhere (warmoth, divebombinc, guitarasylum, ect lol). so I'll give it a give the schaller licensed floyd rose trem a try. thanks again
Well, there's some things you have to consider. Are you replacing an existing FR? If so, is it recessed? What are the dimensions of the route job?
i have a american fender strat with a jap fender neck, its fast like a jacksons neck, oh & non recessed
+1 on the Schaller Floyd being top notch. If you can't get an Original or don't want to for some reason get a Schaller
2003 Music Man Axis Pacific Blue Burst
Quote by Devilman2020
i have a american fender strat with a jap fender neck, its fast like a jacksons neck, oh & non recessed

That's going to cost a pretty penny. I have no idea how much it would cost to do a route job. I get a discount at a local music store. I had the guitar tech route a guitar for a friend of mine for $50. Personally, I think it would be much more expensive to do such a thing. Then there's the Schaller itself, which is $180. Unfortunately, Warmoth doesn't send everything you need to install a Schaller. At least, mine didn't. Mine just came with the nut and the bridge. No back claw, no springs, no tremolo posts, just the bridge and the nut.
Quote by Vittu0666
That's going to cost a pretty penny. I have no idea how much it would cost to do a route job. I get a discount at a local music store. I had the guitar tech route a guitar for a friend of mine for $50. Personally, I think it would be much more expensive to do such a thing. Then there's the Schaller itself, which is $180. Unfortunately, Warmoth doesn't send everything you need to install a Schaller. At least, mine didn't. Mine just came with the nut and the bridge. No back claw, no springs, no tremolo posts, just the bridge and the nut.

Well non-recessed won't be too bad. Problem is the dimensions for an american standard 2 point trem is different then a Floyd I believe, so he'll have to get someone to fill in the old holes and drill new ones. So theres your first problem. If the Floyd sits flush on the body and non-recessed as he stated then no more routing will be needed on the body. The other problem is he'll have to get the neck prepared for a Floyd nut so thats another area thats gonna cost him and that has to be done right otherwise you might as well throw the neck in the garbage. Then the cost of the Floyd itself, installation, and shim the neck pocket to achieve desired action. Thats all I can think of off the top of my head at 4 in the morning
2003 Music Man Axis Pacific Blue Burst
Quote by DSOTM80
Well non-recessed won't be too bad. Problem is the dimensions for an american standard 2 point trem is different then a Floyd I believe, so he'll have to get someone to fill in the old holes and drill new ones. So theres your first problem. If the Floyd sits flush on the body and non-recessed as he stated then no more routing will be needed on the body. The other problem is he'll have to get the neck prepared for a Floyd nut so thats another area thats gonna cost him and that has to be done right otherwise you might as well throw the neck in the garbage. Then the cost of the Floyd itself, installation, and shim the neck pocket to achieve desired action. Thats all I can think of off the top of my head at 4 in the morning

Its all easy stuff to do with a little practice. To fill the holes, make a dowel and stick it in there. To route for the nutshelf, buy a cheap, broken neck on ebay and practice. It takes about 30 Minutes to an hour with a Dremel tool. Finally, to drill the Floyd Stud holes, he's going to need a 1/2" drill, as the bit you'll need is a big one. Besides the slight shim, thats it. A lot of people (particularly old school Charvel fans) much prefer the feel of a non recessed Floyd, though it's a good idea to block it to dive only, as you can't pull up with a non recessed one anyway without some mods to the body, and having it full floating is a pain in the ass.
Is this the part where we try to persuade him to get another guitar that already has a Floyd Rose on it because installing one on his current guitar could be too much hassel?
yeah.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
ok thnx, i think i should of said this before, the strat war already sporting a floyd, so there's no need to route it out & plus I dont want a ressesed bridge. This is the problem, my friend took out the original floyd & put it in his crap razorback guitar lol. It's ok cus he pay me $160 so i had no problem. I like my strat really nice guitar. So i just need a replacement floyd. REALLY i just ordered the schaller floyd from warmoth too like two hours or so, damn
You'll have to route the guitar because the Schaller is 2mm wider (from 1st string to 6th string) than the Floyd Rose. If you can, try to send it back and get your money back. Check eBay. They usually have at least 1 OFR floating around (haha, OFR, floating. It's funny.).
Quote by Vittu0666
You'll have to route the guitar because the Schaller is 2mm wider (from 1st string to 6th string) than the Floyd Rose. If you can, try to send it back and get your money back. Check eBay. They usually have at least 1 OFR floating around (haha, OFR, floating. It's funny.).

The Schaller is not wider. That said, you sometimes can have very minor intonation issues on the low E (ie run out of room) due to the spacing of the OFR and Schaller saddles being different by a small margin, but thats it.
http://www.warmoth.com/hardware/bridges/pdf/Original_Floyd_Rose_Diagram.pdf
http://www.warmoth.com/hardware/bridges/pdf/Schaller_Floyd_Rose_Diagram.pdf

Warmoth's diagrams seem to think otherwise. Not only that, I also tried to drop in an OFR. We had one lying around to see if it would fit because the guitar tech was putting in on a different guitar. His words were that the Floyd did fit, the space between the posts were dead on, but it was a little small for the route.

EDIT: This was done to my Rhoads Pro which came stock with the Jackson JT 590 which was essentially a Schaller FR for those who don't know.