How low can I tune before I need to adjust my truss rod? I like down tuning but I don't want to damage my guitar, so I was just wondering. Also, how do I adjust it?
Quote by P1ayingW1thF1re
How low can I tune before I need to adjust my truss rod? I like down tuning but I don't want to damage my guitar, so I was just wondering. Also, how do I adjust it?

Well, assuming the lower you tune the thicker your strings will get, the tension should balance out pretty well. I would be more worried about tuning to standard with thicker strings than tuning down with thinner ones.
Gear:
Ibanez RG7321 Seven String
Epiphone Iommi Signature SG
Digitech Scott Ian Black 13
VOX Valvetronix AD100VTH
Laney 4x12 w/Celestion 50s
Truss rod adjusting is a very risky process that can very easily damage your guitar if you don't know what you're doing. If you change tunings alot and are only staying in a very low tuning for a short time, don't bother with the truss rod. The low tuning probably has less potential damage than trying to adjust it yourself.
But if you want to know, get a really long straight edge and compare how straight the neck it to it. I lay mine across the frets, but I don't know if that is the right or wrong procedure to check the neck. if the neck is a bow (strings are pulling the neck too tightly), tighten the truss rod. If it is the opposite of a bow (meaning the truss rod is too tight) then loosen the truss rod.

^I highly doubt he's going to thicken his strings, I think he just wants to tune down
Okay.....because I like tuning down to C Standard and D Standard a lot...so I was just wondering if I was going to stay in a tuning, how low it would have to be for an adjustment to be needed.