how do to go about getting the a-bomb/missle sound that hendrix gets in the star spangeled banner?

i know its some sort of a mix of wah/fuzztone but i dont how how one would use those to get the sound.
Quote by RedDeath9
Divinecrossfire...

Epic post. Wish I could say more, but I don't know much about the subconscious and other psychological stuff.
Quote by divinecrossfire
how do to go about getting the a-bomb/missle sound that hendrix gets in the star spangeled banner?

i know its some sort of a mix of wah/fuzztone but i dont how how one would use those to get the sound.

i dont know how hendrix does it but in street fighting man by RATM tom morello uses a phaser and pushes whammy bar all the way down and bangs the strings
Quote by Lord-O-Donuts
'Nine out of ten people actually enjoy gang rape.'
Actually those sounds are produced by him playing a note and then using the whammy bar to drop the pitch of the note. You basically grab the whammy bar and press it down slowly till the bar is touching the body of the guitar and the strings are completely loose. It's known as a "dive bomb" effect.
-Audiosyncracy
Quote by audiosyncracy
Actually those sounds are produced by him playing a note and then using the whammy bar to drop the pitch of the note. You basically grab the whammy bar and press it down slowly till the bar is touching the body of the guitar and the strings are completely loose. It's known as a "dive bomb" effect.

Aren't divebombs the high pitched squeals (not pinch harmonics) made by pushing the whammy bar all the way down until the strings are loose, hitting a harmonic, and then pushing the whammy bar completely down in the opposite way (like on Floyds).
Guitars:
Epiphone SG
Schecter Damien FR
Gibson Les Paul Studio

Amps:
Epiphone Studio 10S Practice Amp
Peavey ValveKing 212

Effects:
Vox V847 (NOT V847A) Wah Pedal
DOD FX55-B Supra Distortion
look for a video on youtube, but i will tell you he rapes the whammy bar in that song. but it is an awsome song
It actually has a lot to do with feed back, and you use the whammy bar to drop the pitch. He also uses the univibe for almost his entire performance at woodstock.
Survivor of the St. John's Lockdown
Quote by SG thrasher

The thread-starter is a legend.
Seriously, who thinks "Shit, i'm gonna die, BRB, Ima' tell UG."?

Quote by The_Paranoia

Congratz man, you are a true, American Hero.
Go Schneiderman!

Gun Facts: Educate Yourself