I'm trying to find a higher end guitar for hardcore/metalcore kinda stuff, especially since I'm getting a band together.

For awhile at christamas I was looking into the Schecter Tempest custom but the pickups were **** so I ignored that.

So I started looking at ESP's and like the LTD models. tried the EC1000 and the V400 and was satisfied with both (tried these recently).

And looking back I realize I overlooked the Tempest Hellraiser, which I also tried and thoght was pretty good. Tried it at a guitar center when looking for the tempest custom and it wasn't bad, but at the time I refused to use EMG's for one reason or antoher.

So, which of the two guiars would be better suited to Hardcore/Metalcore? An EC1000/V400 or a schecter tempest hellraiser. Or, do you have an even better suggestion?
Quote by wannabe jesus
If we did tune using the 5th fret on the G string it'd be a C. At the moment it goes G B which stands for George Bush. So obviously GB doesn't want you to C the truth! To the conspiracy cave!
Quote by strings-N-stuff
I'd go with the white Epiphone G-400 with EMGs.

i currently have a regular G-400 and i think its great, but I'd like if i were to get another gutiar to eliminate the porblem with the G-400: neck heavy
Quote by wannabe jesus
If we did tune using the 5th fret on the G string it'd be a C. At the moment it goes G B which stands for George Bush. So obviously GB doesn't want you to C the truth! To the conspiracy cave!
The LTD and ESP eclipse (EC) guitars have a great reviews and they play like butta. Their necks are just a little to thin for me. I have big hands so I prefer Fender and Gibson necks. Out of those you listed the ltd ec-1000 is by far the best, plus the snow white is super sexy!
joshuaestock.com
Jackson King V
Or the Rhoads models.
Jackson King V KVX10
Line 6 Spider III 75 W.
Peavey 5150/6505 Combo to be owned at the end of 2010.
why r u guys recommending an epiphone sg 400 when this guy can afford an ESP ec1000?
Thats just stupid.

the EC1000 will do what you want with its 24 frets and EMGs.
Go play some more guitars and just buy what feels right in your hands and sounds right to your ears. Nevermind everything else.

go play a few;

schechters
jacksons
ibanez prestiges
esps
prs
gibsons
fender usas
Gear
Gibson Les Paul std faded, Godin LG
Marshall jcm900
Keeley ds1, maxon od808, boston tu500, RMC Wizard
i'd go EC-1000. ive played it and its wonderful.
Quote by jjennings216
i'd go gay for hendrix 128 he's fricken hillarious.

Quote by sadistic_monkey
To me, Jonas Brothers sound identical to Dragonforce. So I'm not sure what you've just proved.
Quote by JEST87
The LTD and ESP eclipse (EC) guitars have a great reviews and they play like butta. Their necks are just a little to thin for me. I have big hands so I prefer Fender and Gibson necks. Out of those you listed the ltd ec-1000 is by far the best, plus the snow white is super sexy!

ive only got one stupid issue with the EC1000 series and thats that, unless i get the VB finish model, its got this pearl binding that looks really odd up close. not a reaosn not to buy the guitar though
Quote by wannabe jesus
Quote by Walternativo
why r u guys recommending an epiphone sg 400 when this guy can afford an ESP ec1000?
Thats just stupid.

More money in the piggy bank for a nice amp or other usefull peace of equipment????
Quote by strings-N-stuff
More money in the piggy bank for a nice amp or other usefull peace of gear????

i have no worry about replacing my amp at this point, its 2x12 and 120 watts. itll manage for awhile. at the most id get a peddal or something, probably get the one my toher guitar palyer has. his amp is the same brand as mine but like 20 watts and his tone is better than mine with the effects pedal he has, and the thing has a compressor and nosie gate in it as well so no feedback or anything.
Quote by wannabe jesus
The Schecter Hellraiser sounds up your ally.
Quote by doggy_hat
This chick that looked like shrek ****ed me while I was passed out on xanax. I screamed when I woke up.
Quote by strings-N-stuff
More money in the piggy bank for a nice amp or other usefull peace of equipment????

hm youre right that seems like a solid idea. A new amp will do more for his sound than a new guitar. (But he asked about a new guitar ^^)
Gear
Gibson Les Paul std faded, Godin LG
Marshall jcm900
Keeley ds1, maxon od808, boston tu500, RMC Wizard
I really want to get an LTD EC-1000. You liked it didnt you? Its been in the guitar shop, I just dont have enough for it.

If you want a good guitar for cheap, I got the ltd JH-200, Jerrey Hannellman of Slayer's signature guitar. I've had no problems besides a little bit of fret buzz.
Quote by Titansfan920
I really want to get an LTD EC-1000. You liked it didnt you? Its been in the guitar shop, I just dont have enough for it.

If you want a good guitar for cheap, I got the ltd JH-200, Jerrey Hannellman of Slayer's signature guitar. I've had no problems besides a little bit of fret buzz.

id reccomend it from what i could make out of it. unfortunately it was a small shop and we ha to keep the volume down on the amp they had (small, randall, 30 watts) so i coudlnt make out much but the neck felt nice, it was comfortable, and the sound coming out fo the amp seremed alright from what i could discern.

they let you put straps on the guiar so i needa judge how heavy it is after hearing people talk about how heavy LP style bodies are (but my friends LP junior is really light and he complains about that too XD)
Quote by wannabe jesus
Sounds good then. The guitar shop that has it, they have a huge marshall half stack they let you play on. Theres nothing wrong with my JH-200 but I've wanted the EC-1000 ever since I saw it.
Quote by Titansfan920
Sounds good then. The guitar shop that has it, they have a huge marshall half stack they let you play on. Theres nothing wrong with my JH-200 but I've wanted the EC-1000 ever since I saw it.

well if you wanna try it through the marshall itd work but make sure to try it through your own amp too cause (of cuorse) it might sound different.
but go for it if ya like it. as ive said the only thing that i have against it is the pearl binding but w/e
Quote by wannabe jesus
Before you buy any SG shaped guitar please try it standing up before you buy it. I got a viper because I loved the way it played when I was sitting in the music store and the second I put a strap on and tried to play it standing I hated it. It is so top heavy that I am just not comfortable so make sure if you try a viper or SG that you try it that way. I would love to trade my viper for an EC just for this reason.
Quote by hendrix_128
i'd go EC-1000. ive played it and its wonderful.

+1

I'm not an advocate of active pickups but the guitar itself was heavenly
I don't even shred
Quote by atla18
EC1000

I saw Parkway Drive using them live, as bad as they were (the band, not the guitar).
Quote by 3lusiv3
I saw Parkway Drive using them live, as bad as they were (the band, not the guitar).
thats another reason i considered it, a lot of bands i lik tried it (and i like parkway drive, BTW. but to each their own)
Quote by wannabe jesus
Schecter.
Founder of the EHX Users Guild
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
Please don't tell me I'm the only one that clicked this thread thinking I would learn how to make my guitar sound like a grizzly bear.
DO NOT BUY A G400, I have one and I think its complete crap compared to my LTD, the pick ups are horrible, if you are going to buy one and change the pick ups just buy the viper instead, its better and you will spend less. The EC1000 are very good also, snow white and the new green ones look great XD, try an ibanez s see how you like that, I tried out an s470 and it was amazing so its probably going to be my next purchase, or an ltd MH 1000 if thats better, and i repeat: DO NOT BUY A G400, there are better guitars.
Gear:

Esp Ltd DJ-600
Ibanez S520EX
Parker P 44 Pro
Traynor YCS100 Head
Traynor YCS412 cab
Boss NS-2
Boss DD20
Boss GE-21
Ibanez TS7
EH Soul Preacher
BBE Sonix Maximizer 462 rack
Quote by Ramik
DO NOT BUY A G400, I have one and I think its complete crap compared to my LTD, the pick ups are horrible, if you are going to buy one and change the pick ups just buy the viper instead, its better and you will spend less. The EC1000 are very good also, snow white and the new green ones look great XD, try an ibanez s see how you like that, I tried out an s470 and it was amazing so its probably going to be my next purchase, or an ltd MH 1000 if thats better, and i repeat: DO NOT BUY A G400, there are better guitars.

i have the G400 already. it bridged the gap from a squire strat to a decent guitar w/ humbuckers. thats what i aim to replace
Quote by wannabe jesus
Whatever guitar is more comfortable. Besides humbuckling pickups, nothing really makes a guitar "metal" or "hardcore". Get whatever guitar that is more comfortable to play, is my advice.
Gear:
Modded Steinberger Spirit (white) (SD-AH/EMG Select)
Modded Steinberger GP-2R (white) (EMG81/60)
Peavey XXL head
Hughes and Kettner Cream Machine
Hughes and Kettner Blues Master
i just looked at the specs for the LTD-EC1000 compared to the Schecter Hellraiser Tempest and they have the same scale length, same pickups, same wood type, same everything.

The only difference is that the Tempest has 22 frets, and the Eclipse 24. i dont think i need a guitar with 24 frets, ive managed with my G-400 which has 22
Quote by wannabe jesus
Quote by CephalidHunter
Whatever guitar is more comfortable. Besides humbuckling pickups, nothing really makes a guitar "metal" or "hardcore". Get whatever guitar that is more comfortable to play, is my advice.

Totally wrong. The shape of the guitar does produce a different sound. I agree that comfort is a variable, but I would prefer sound over comfort any day.

That being said, go with the EC1000. I found that LP shapes sound more "fuller" than SG shapes...
I'd go for a Schecter Hellraiser or Jackson KE3.ESPs are overpriced so I'd stay away from them.
MY GEAR
Ibanez SA160QM
Laney HCM10
Squier Bullet Strat
MXR Carbon Copy
Zoom Tri Metal
Modtone Flanger(mini)
EHX LPB-1
Korg Pitchblack
Timtone acoustic
I would suggest almost any ESP with EMGs in it.
Also, check out some of Schecter's other guitars... maybe a Damien Series?
i don't mean to come off like a biter curmudgeon (but i am) but the ONLY brand of guitar you are allowed to use for hardcore is Gibson LP or SG (maybe epiphone). that's just the way it is. of course there's no such thing as hardcore anymore. it died an ignominious death in 1989. in addition, only amp you're allowed to use is a marshall 1/2 stack. them's just the rules.
LTD EC-1000. I've seen quite a few hardcore bands using these.
Dimebag is overrated. Sue me.