I ordered my S 470, since RG series were a bit too expensive for me, and now I'm looking for a decent pickup, I'm in for playing heavier sorts of metal, death, progressive death, etc . I've seen alot of people advising DiMarzio X2N, and also alot of other pickups such as EMG. So, I'm looking for a decent pickup and if you got any suggestions please say them , thank you ^^
I would go with Duncan Blackouts or liveWires if u can go active, or maybe a Bill Lawrence 500XL and X2N neck maybe if u want passives. That would definately be the easiest swap out, passives would, since u wouldnt need to change alot of electronics around.
Everyone will want to know:

What amp do you have?

Unless you have a decent amp, new pickups are considered to be useless, since they will barely alter the tone at all. Sound change from pickup changes is only worth the time and money if you have an amp that will even be able to recreate that change.
Quote by ketiov
Everyone will want to know:

What amp do you have?

Unless you have a decent amp, new pickups are considered to be useless, since they will barely alter the tone at all. Sound change from pickup changes is only worth the time and money if you have an amp that will even be able to recreate that change.

ah, sry, it's a Marshal one MG series 15CDR, sorry for not saying that
Quote by forsaknazrael
You might want to upgrade your amp first, then. Your amp has a much bigger influence on your tone. You amp isn't that good, nor is it voiced for metal.

yea, I know, it's my home-amp, I play on different voxes, marshals and others on the jammer seasons, was thinking of getting a vox, but, money is the problem now heh

thanks for reply tho
A nice guitar like an S470 thru that amp?

Switch to a Roland 30X Cube if you want metal.
My Gear:

Schecter Gryphon Ruby Red

Dunlop Original Crybaby
Jekyll and Hyde Ultimate Overdrive

Laney LC50
Vox AD15VT Valvetronix

My Youtube Channel, check it out!
http://www.youtube.com/user/SSnake77
Quote by forsaknazrael
Well, Voxes aren't really voiced for metal either.

And a lot of the newer Marshalls aren't that great either. And if you're plugging into a bigger MG, then it's still crap.

Besides, if you don't have money, how can you afford to upgrade pickups? They're not exactly cheap, either...

well, I haven't play on any other amps except Marshall and a Vox, I kinda take all suggestions anyone can give , since I don't want to be mistaken for equipment , I test it out to see if it works for me heh. Also, I was wondering are the pickups on S470 fine for a start-out, it can be upgraded after all, and someone said to get a Roland, and I've seen the price, and it's not that expensive either, looking around I have found out that most of people recommend Peavy 5150 series, since I'll be getting that much money out of selling my current guitar after getting S470, I can afford a better amp, again, suggestions?

Sorry for bugging you heh, us here in Bosnia don't have the oppurtunity to test out equipment, and even tho we can test some, it's not very high quality, heh
Last edited by snakesson at Feb 29, 2008,
laney make sex instead of amps.try them
ಠ_ಠ
<|>
/ω\

Tell me what nation on this earth, was not born of tragedy-Primordial