hey, im lookin for some more power, and its been recommended that i look into tube amps. im a newb when it comes to tube amps so i dont know all the dangers or hazards or anything about tube amps...i know they have tubes in them...thats about it...

my budget is around $300 to $400 (closer to 300) so i dont know how much thats gonna get me.

im lookin for an overall great sounding amp more than anything. im into classic rock (led zeppelin, ac/dc, van halen, black sabbath, etc.), metal (metallica, megadeth, iron maiden), but i also want the amp to be versatile enough to do anything.

marshall is my brand of choice, but im open to other suggestions.

also i saw an ad for a used hartke piggyback 60w mini stack. any opinions on that?
1)no way your going to find a good marshall for 300-400
2)i would say look at a peavey valve king, or peavey classic 30(even with a od, it would be pushing to get a heavy gain)
valvekings yur best bet
Gear:
IBANEZ RG2550EX
Orange Rocker 30
Peavey Ultra Plus (lights up)
Yeah, you'll probably have to go with a Valveking and maybe an OD if you can stretch your budget.
Mitch Hedberg Group
http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/koalabears/

Quote by Irnmaiden4life
why didnt you just play like crap?
if you need help with that, ask Vincent745

Quote by imgooley
Awe, so cute...

How old are you?

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R

Old enough to yell rape.
Quote by RIP_bonham
hey, im lookin for some more power, and its been recommended that i look into tube amps. im a newb when it comes to tube amps so i dont know all the dangers or hazards or anything about tube amps...i know they have tubes in them...thats about it...

my budget is around $300 to $400 (closer to 300) so i dont know how much thats gonna get me.

im lookin for an overall great sounding amp more than anything. im into classic rock (led zeppelin, ac/dc, van halen, black sabbath, etc.), metal (metallica, megadeth, iron maiden), but i also want the amp to be versatile enough to do anything.

marshall is my brand of choice, but im open to other suggestions.

also i saw an ad for a used hartke piggyback 60w mini stack. any opinions on that?

You could go with any of those options listed already or posssibly a 60w B-52 for about $500
you're pretty limited with that budget. save up a total of 550-600 and the flood gates of options will open.

seriously.
Yeah look for a second hand peavey classic 30 really versitile and loud.
My Guitar

Quote by metacarpi
Do it once, it's a mistake.

Keep doing it, it's Jazz.

Quote by SlinkyBlue
I remember when I was really young, I had a wet dream in which i was being dragged along an urban countryside by a pickup truck.
ya i know im really limited with that budget but im gonna need this amp sooner rather than later and yes in a band situation...ive heard of valveking but havent looked into it so i will now.
any opinions on that hartke piggyback halfstack i mentioned earlier?
Quote by RIP_bonham
ya i know im really limited with that budget but im gonna need this amp sooner rather than later and yes in a band situation...ive heard of valveking but havent looked into it so i will now.
any opinions on that hartke piggyback halfstack i mentioned earlier?

note really any good. it's only a hybrid amp. I would stay away from it.

Kramer Focus 3000
Ibanez ATK300
Rocktron Chameleon
Digitech IPS33B
Ibanez WH10
Korg Pitchblack
Line6 UX2
The Hartke is decent, as long as you don't have active pickups.
The EMGs in my LP seem to make it sound really muddy.
But the junk pickups in my SG sound great through it.
Epiphone Les Paul goldtop (EMG 81/85)
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Fender Telecaster MIM
Epiphone SG Special
Jay Turser JT200 Serpent (GFS Crunchy Rails/Crunchy Pat)
Dean V-Coustic
Ovation Celebrity
Bugera 333-212
Crate Blue Voodoo 120H