I was thinking about buying a line 6 pod x3, not just for the modeling or the effects, but it seems like it would be a fun little device to play with. has anyone had any experience with this model, because it sounds like it can do alot of cool things, like run your signal into 2 amps, and has usb recording and stuff. i have a peavey xxx all tube amp, how do the amp models sound through a clean tube amp? otherwise if i dont like the models can i just use the natural sound of my amp and just use the pod for effects? cause that would be cool. thanks for the help.
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Peavey XXX 60 watt combo
Ibanez TS9 Tubescreamer

Quote by Twist of fate
You're not racist, only black people are.

Quote by clincher09
Ah yes, you have a condition that many guys live with and are affected by everyday. It's called a penis.
its not amazing....
but i used one to record with just the pod and no amp or anythin and it sounded WAY better than i was expecting....when i get a hold of the finished track ill send it to you so you can decide what you think yourself
They're alright but I can't get a good tone through my Peavey Classic 50 on my life.
The clean channel just doesn't do it.. the only way it sounds good is through a P.A. system, headphones, or when direct recording.. if you do it right and have a big sound system with pre-amps and stuff.
Because when i was reading some of the discriptions for the higher end pods it said something like "the famous pod sound found on countless recorded albums", hows the recorded stuff sound? and does anyone know of any artists that recorded with a pod?
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Peavey XXX 60 watt combo
Ibanez TS9 Tubescreamer

Quote by Twist of fate
You're not racist, only black people are.

Quote by clincher09
Ah yes, you have a condition that many guys live with and are affected by everyday. It's called a penis.
I've been lookin into byin an XT and i was wondering if the sound of the dumble with a Ibanez TSon 7 is a good quality sound, i want it to sound similair to santana and i also want the mesa 4 by 12 as the cab. and, in general are the modeling of things good, because i have switched the music i play about 4 times now.
Quote by maverick_137
I've been lookin into byin an XT and i was wondering if the sound of the dumble with a Ibanez TSon 7 is a good quality sound, i want it to sound similair to santana and i also want the mesa 4 by 12 as the cab. and, in general are the modeling of things good, because i have switched the music i play about 4 times now.

What amp do you have?
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
plug it straight into your amps fx loop return, and plug the guitar into the pod to use modling, and you have to set the pod to do this, read the owners manual, Thats to use amp modling
Gear
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Ibanez EX 470 (1991)

Peavey 6505 combo
Vox Valvetronix AD15VT
Danville 1X12 Cab
Kustom 12w tube

Dunlop Crybaby
DOD overdrive(YJM)
Boss Ns-2
PodXt
Dod 250 Overdrive