Page 1 of 2
so the other night i made the decision to buy this-

So, it basically fucks up my metal muff.
It said on the package its compatible with all pedals.
But I overlooked it, and I find out later its DC instead of AC.

any way of fixing this?
im pretty sure i have a mm running on a 1 spot now. if not, it's running on a cheap powered board with all my other pedals. either way, it was compatible.

edited out the ac part, cause i really dont remember.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Last edited by jj1565 at Feb 28, 2008,
I'm pretty sure it doesn't matter, I have my DD-20 which is DC running on an AC one spot.
Quote by doggy_hat
This chick that looked like shrek ****ed me while I was passed out on xanax. I screamed when I woke up.
yeah im confused because i think the mm uses a standard barrel dc adapter, and ive used the 1 spot with it.
but now im confused, but too lazy to walk downstairs and look
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

I've used my friends MM w/ my one spot before and it works fine. The big muff works fine as well. Does yours have the adapter for it?
Founder of the EHX Users Guild
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
Please don't tell me I'm the only one that clicked this thread thinking I would learn how to make my guitar sound like a grizzly bear.
^
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62

Quote by DiMeTiMe
You don't even have one, lol

Looks like YOU have to man up!

actually, i do have one. i just didn't list it in my sig. did you want a picture of it and my pedal board?
^ You're kind of a douche ever since that thing with the bogner.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
Quote by Kevin Saale

i try.

still wanna see a pic?
Yeah, make sure the bogner is in the picture too.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
k, lemme find a pic. i'm at work, so i can't see photobucket links, so i'm kinda guessing with the pics i post. haha.
here's some pics of my amps (the pedalboard can be seen in the bottom). i've posted a couple of these pics before, but yeah...

http://acapella.harmony-central.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1895419

the decimator wasn't active at the time of that pic because i was tracking with my Soldano for a couple songs and i snapped a picture (you'll notice the XTC footswitch isn't plugged in either). usually though, i run it through the loop.
Last edited by guitarman216 at Feb 28, 2008,
what's up? gear pics go in the gear thread. why are you spamming this kid's thread.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62

Quote by jj1565
what's up? gear pics go in the gear thread. why are you spamming this kid's thread.

read above. people wanted pictures of my ****.

i'll go and replace them with the post that i made over at HCAF under my usual moniker.

happy now?
Sweet gear man, that must've cost a ****load!
I love how some guy on harmony central was like:

"You spent THAT much on music equipment, but you can't afford a pair of jeans without holes in them?"

^^ok but the kid asked about a broken pedal. your first post was no help then it turned into a picture thread. honestly, I have no idea what you're on about. but let's wait for him to post, and see if we can help.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62

warplanegrey you need to stop braggin about your amps and move out of your parents house...
No one ever actually asked to see your pictures, you made sure to offer pictures as quickly as possible. Don't use this thread to feed your ego.

Anyway, here's what musicians friend says about the adaptor, "The optional 9V power supply from Electro-Harmonix is US96DC-200BI 9.6 volts/DC 200ma. The barrel connector on the front of the METAL MUFF is for the 9-volt battery eliminator capable of delivering 100 mA of current. The inner ring of the 9-volt battery eliminator must be negative, the outer ring positive."

From what i can see, there's no reason the 1 spot shouldn't work. Do you have all your cables ran correctly?
Feel free to call me Kyle.

Quote by ibz_bucket
Just so you know, I read everything you type in a Mike Rowe from Dirty Jobs voice.

Quote by tubetime86
I mean in Kyle's case, it is in the best interest of mankind that he impregnate anything that looks at him funny...
Quote by TNfootballfan62
No one ever actually asked to see your pictures, you made sure to offer pictures as quickly as possible. Don't use this thread to feed your ego.

Anyway, here's what musicians friend says about the adaptor, "The optional 9V power supply from Electro-Harmonix is US96DC-200BI 9.6 volts/DC 200ma. The barrel connector on the front of the METAL MUFF is for the 9-volt battery eliminator capable of delivering 100 mA of current. The inner ring of the 9-volt battery eliminator must be negative, the outer ring positive."

From what i can see, there's no reason the 1 spot shouldn't work. Do you have all your cables ran correctly?

Everything is the same.
the thing is, i've used these two together. im almost 100% certain.

did this pedal work battery operated, and is now dead?
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62

^Yeah, if all things are right, it seems like it's either a problem with the pedal or his specific 1 spot.

Quote by ibz_bucket
Just so you know, I read everything you type in a Mike Rowe from Dirty Jobs voice.

Quote by tubetime86
I mean in Kyle's case, it is in the best interest of mankind that he impregnate anything that looks at him funny...
right, he might have a bad power input and just finally ran the battery down. so now it seems like the pedal is dead, but it just needs a new battery. (and has a bad plug)

i looked up similar and found this. i didnt read it all, but looks Very close to his problem..
http://www.talkbass.com/forum/archive/index.php/t-312778.html
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62

^Yep. We got it.

Quote by ibz_bucket

Quote by tubetime86
Quote by jj1565
im pretty sure i have a mm running on a 1 spot now. if not, it's running on a cheap powered board with all my other pedals. either way, it was compatible.

edited out the ac part, cause i really dont remember.

I also have a Metal Muff that I ran rgularly with a 1 Spot. TS, I think you're crazy.
The one spot is DC power, as are most pedals....very seldom will you find an AC pedal, but they do exist. I'm thinkin you did something wrong
╠═══════╬═══════╣

Tap Tempo Tap Dancer of τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

MINION of the"I drive a stick cause I'm better than you!!" Club

PM TehNez or IbanezPlayer27 to join.

EHX Users Guild. Bugera Users Militia
The MXR Lounge
how about you man-up and buy a VooDoo Labs Pedal Power II+ ?

Not everyone has $170 to drop on a power supply.

Quote by Kevin Saale

Seems to be his modus operandi.
And maybe we can fly away from here, surf on the debris of a broken scene...
Quote by gald
Not everyone has $170 to drop on a power supply.

Seems to be his modus operandi.

and those people will get what they pay for.
^it doesn't seem to be the adapter. it might just be the pedal.

and some of us do have the money to drop on a $170 power supply, but we still don't feel the need to mention it.
especially, when it has nothing to do with the thread. I still have know idea who you are, or why you keep spamming, but it would be a great help if you would just stop.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62

i had made my original post suggesting to get a PP2+ when everyone was still unsure of the cause of the problems. i thought it sounded like a pedal power train problem, hence my suggestion. then people started jumping on me, accusing me of not actually owning one, and so on.

i still recommend the PP2+ for anyone who's using more than 2 pedals. i guess i'm still getting used to this place, where people make posts about only wanting to drop $200-300 on a new guitar or amp. over at HCAF, its closer to ten fold that amount.
yeah, i mean, i can see what you're saying. it's just that you come across a little harsh or something. obviously gotten off on the wrong foot.
not sure why people would think you didnt have a simple pedal, unless of course you spent the day, claiming to have run back and forth from a shop applying amp names and taking pics of an amp you already had.

i don't mind, and i'm glad you like your gear. you should. but it's not always a, "who's bigger contest." especially, when one contestant is a girl. good luck
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62

Quote by jj1565
yeah, i mean, i can see what you're saying. it's just that you come across a little harsh or something. obviously gotten off on the wrong foot.
not sure why people would think you didnt have a simple pedal, unless of course you spent the day, claiming to have run back and forth from a shop applying amp names and taking pics of an amp you already had.

i don't mind, and i'm glad you like your gear. you should. but it's not always a, "who's bigger contest." especially, when one contestant is a girl. good luck

i didn't think gender had anything to do with playing guitar?
i don't either, glad we agree.
In this case i was talking more about general attitude, and less about skill.

but either way, no problems
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62

Page 1 of 2