When you run long distances are you supposed to wear a hoodie? My dad said it helps you sweat more which is good for you. I run at the YMCA.
well it depends what you are running for...im a long distance runner on a d-2 college team and all i wear when i run on a treadmill is a pair of short shorts and shoes...the more you sweat, the more water you lose, the easier you get dehydrated...if youre a wrestler and you wanna lose more weight or something, thats probably a better idea
yeah u lose more water due to sweating but its not a bad thing its easy to fix drink more water?

but if u want to burn more calories its probably better run with t-shirt shorts cuz ur body will do extra work to warm up your muscles
Gear:
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Blackstar HT-5 Head
Homemade 1x12 from a combo cab with an Eminence PJ
Quote by ikey_
perhaps i have a superb epiphone. the japanese man must have gotten laid and won the lottery right before he made my guitar. whatever.
Well I live in NY and it's too cold for a t shirt and shorts. Yeah I'm trying to lose weight. Should I just drink water while I run or take breaks or something?
Get a wooly hat. Usually when you run with a hoody on it flyes off due to the wind.
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████

You'll Never Walk Alone
ummm, well if the hoodie is wet then it should cool you down right? so just get the hoodie wet before running.
Quote by Guitarfreak777
ummm, well if the hoodie is wet then it should cool you down right? so just get the hoodie wet before running.

You obviously have only ever ran on video games.
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████

You'll Never Walk Alone
If your running outdoors, and it's chilly out, then wearing a sweatshirt probably isn't a bad idea.

But if your inside, in a gym, then it just seems kind of pointless. Besides, you could overheat.
The.
Quote by kidsilcon
You obviously have only ever ran on video games.

I have, but never asked the pit if I should wear a hoodie to run....anyhow that was back when I was a little kid, im a lazy ass now :P
Well, if you're trying to lose weight, sweating isn't (per se) what you are looking for. You run to burn fat.
it doesn't really make much of a difference. the only factor that matters is being comfortable. sweating more just means you are losing water weight, salts, and minerals, which you need to function. Jared is amazing, but even he can't lose 240 pounds in water weight. sweating is ok to lose a few pounds to make weight for wrestling/boxing, but it's just short term and doesn't do you any good in the long run.

My mind is going. I can feel it.
Quote by KileManA7X
So is it a good idea to wear it?

If your running to lose weight for like a day then yes its okay, but if your running to actually lose weight bad idea. It will make you sweat more this dehydrates you unless your putting the same amount of water in. Later during your run you'll fatigue much faster and become sore, also dehydration causes cramps.

finally a topic in the pit I know about.

oh the point if you can run farther you'll burn more calories
I smile because I have no idea whats goin on
Last edited by fenderuser93 at Feb 28, 2008,