is there any way to just completely lock your floyd rose. I don't really feel i use the whammy enough and I am in love with my Ibanez. However i hate having to tune especially since I like to switch tunings alot. if anyone could help please do!
Screw down the trem claw all the way. Or just add a few more springs, i think the most you can have is 5.
older guitar in a different tuning?

i use my schecter hellraiser in drop c and use my ibanez gsa in standard and i might throw a dimarzio in it just for the hell of it i know a lot of ppl would be mad at me for that but o well its not there guitar
Gear:
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Blackstar HT-5 Head
Homemade 1x12 from a combo cab with an Eminence PJ
Quote by ikey_
perhaps i have a superb epiphone. the japanese man must have gotten laid and won the lottery right before he made my guitar. whatever.
use a tremel-no
then if you ever want to use it you can
Quote by rockybo
I'm making an igloo in my backyard later and smoking a bong in it.
Block it out with a piece of wood, just measure, cut and put it in, make sure everything is parallel
Quote by Pinky&The Brain

Brain
Are you pondering what I'm pondering pinky?

Pinky
I think so, Brain, but where would we buy rubber pants at this hour?
Quote by qotsa1998
Screw down the trem claw all the way. Or just add a few more springs, i think the most you can have is 5.

will that work with a floating tremolo?
Quote by jimRH7
will that work with a floating tremolo?

No. Use a two blocks of wood like described above.
Gear:
- Bugera 333
- VJ & VJ cab
- Jackson JS30
- TS9

Bugera Users Militia. We are horrible people. With a sprinkler fetish.
~ BUM: For all things extinguishing

Rackmount Tube Amp Project <<< Updates!
Yeah. Using wood blocks would definitely be your best bet.

As for tuning, if you use drop D a lot, buy yourself a D-tuna.
a dtuna wont work if your bridge is recessed and you would only be able to dive
Dan The Man Of the Australia FTW! Club. PM Alter-Bridge or The_Random_Hero to join. Australians Only

Gear Fund 1000/ ???

Yes his name is Dan
Quote by Dan shreds
a dtuna wont work if your bridge is recessed and you would only be able to dive

That's right. Didn't put 2 and 2 together there lol.
Quote by Dizzy772
Yeah. Using wood blocks would definitely be your best bet.

As for tuning, if you use drop D a lot, buy yourself a D-tuna.

what my brother does is set the fine tuner on the E right down into the floyd as far as it'll go, then tunes it to standard using the machine head, and locks the nut, which gives him enough leaway in the fine tuner to tune to drop D using it alone.
Quote by Ippon

Well how am I supposed to find a picture of that?
Quote by Pinky&The Brain

Brain
Are you pondering what I'm pondering pinky?

Pinky
I think so, Brain, but where would we buy rubber pants at this hour?
I have kind of the opposite problem. The previous owner of my Warlock put a single block of wood on the spring side of the trem and I wanted to try playing with the bridge in it's natural state.

I pulled the chunk of wood out but the bridge dropped all the way back and the string locking screws bottomed out on the body of the guitar. I unlocked the nut and re-tuned it back to pitch but the bridge still remains in the back-most position and the strings are practically touching the frets now. It's fine when I put the block back in.

I'm guessing this has something to do with the strings not providing enough pull to get the bridge back in the right position or something like that. Do I just need to replace the strings again with the block removed and hope the bridge settles?