Page 1 of 2
i hate mosh pits....

retarded ppl just punchin random air plus u may get hurt,

i came to a rock concert to listen to the band, not to run in circles and get my ass kicked...
I don't care for pits, but I like movement at shows. Saw the Foo Fighters on Sunday-amazing show, but the crowd ****ing sucked! A bunch of middle aged couples in the general admission, ****ed up the vibe of a rock concert.
I'm no huge fan of the punching, but sometimes the music just gets you in a mood where you want to run into stuff

some of them are easy to stay out of and I have no problem with them so long as I don't accidentally end up in one
i've never been to a fricken concert how gay is that anyways my first one im going moshing FTW
Gear:
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Blackstar HT-5 Head
Homemade 1x12 from a combo cab with an Eminence PJ
Quote by ikey_
perhaps i have a superb epiphone. the japanese man must have gotten laid and won the lottery right before he made my guitar. whatever.
Mosh Pits are nothing more than a jockey, no-brains way to say, "Look how macho I am, I can get punched in the face."
The.
Quote by armand0
i hate mosh pits....

i came to a rock concert to listen to the band, not to run in circles and get my ass kicked...

dont be a pussy
Quote by armand0
i hate mosh pits....

You should try alcohol...
my gear:
ibanez RG
digitech RP250
crate RFX15
marshall 30-watt

ignore the username
Quote by Eminored
I'd start a World War too if I listened to enough polka.

Quote by COBHC728
To TriviumJunkie: You need rehab my friend

stanleybach ur fucking banned!!
APSH!!
At punk/ska kind of shows that I go to, we don't punch each other in the face, we're usually fairly united and not mean at all. When someone falls, people are rushing to pick them up and keep everyone moving and dancing. I hate hardcore moshpits, but I think the kind of pits at punk shows really make the music come to life with the energy and emotion or the crowds.
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
Quote by CLVPX
dont be a pussy

haha + 1

I broke my ankle in a mosh pit, not because peopel were throwing punches or anything, just because I was having a really good time. Moshing is fun, and trust me, more often than not, the idiots that are just out there to hurt someone, end up getting theirs, and it looks damn good on them when they do too.
Don't be such a sissy and beat the **** out of the UG'er next to you!

But yeah pits are good only when people actually want to fight. (Not trying to state the obvious)
Quote by triviumjunkie

yeah when drunk, the moshpit seems alot more fun and a lot less painful

but yeah really depends on the style of music on what kind of douches are in the pit, just saying
Quote by LeoKhenir
I love you, Killer Bacon.
they're tolerable, unless you get caught in a wall of death at lamb of god.
i thought i was going to die.
Quote by rockybo
I'm making an igloo in my backyard later and smoking a bong in it.
Quote by Sid McCall
At punk/ska kind of shows that I go to, we don't punch each other in the face, we're usually fairly united and not mean at all. When someone falls, people are rushing to pick them up and keep everyone moving and dancing. I hate hardcore moshpits, but I think the kind of pits at punk shows really make the music come to life with the energy and emotion or the crowds.

the pit at the Streetlight Manifesto show I went to was perfect. It was intense but safe at the same time. Everyone helped everyone out. I don't even want to be in a hardcore moshpit.
^ Streetlight pits are incredible. Not quite as good as RBF or Catch, but still good pits.
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
Quote by Sid McCall
^ Streetlight pits are incredible. Not quite as good as RBF or Catch, but still good pits.

but the music is better than RBF or Catch (imo)
Quote by triviumjunkie

I try alcohol. It doesn't make me into a mindless, violent, obnoxious wanker though. I hate those shitheads that form pathetic little mosh pits. I'd rather dance to the music and not act like a cunt.
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████

You'll Never Walk Alone
I hate mosh pits. I go to a concert to listen to the band not get into a fight.
My obligatory gear list

Guitars
Schecter C-1 Classic
Gibson SG Special
1987 Fender Strat
Epiphone PR-150

Amp and Effects
Peavey Valveking 112
Boss DD-6
Crybaby Wah-wah
Ibanez TS-9DX
Banshee 2 Talkbox

Crit plz! Wh ore of Gommorah
I used to like mosh pits. Then the crazy hardcore sXe kids started to do those stupid Karate kicks and made mosh pits turdy.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
I really don't like them, especially now with this new "hardcore" dancing where everyone is punching and throwing roundhouse kicks. Almost Every time I go to a show, I end up getting into a fight with 5-6 different people just because some idiot feels the need to roundhouse kick me in the ear or punch me in the eye. A good buddy of mine got his ankle broken in 3 different places after being trampled. If I hadn't ran in there and pushed everyone off, he'd probably be in a coma right now.

I don't mix well with mosh pits, the moment somebody hits me in the face or starts beating up on my friends, I go berserk.
slamdancing=cool
hardcore idiots punching people and looking like retards=Phail
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
mosh pits are for the 90's and should stay there. i saw a girl four apples tall get kick in the head at a yai gig..... Not cool....... kinda funny....... but not cool
Quote by That_Pink_Queen
Groll you're a bloody genius

Quote by a6l6e6x1
wow
im "talking" to the future greatest director in the world
PRIVELAGED

member #9 of "The Beatles really are the greatest

Metal Face productions! watch our movies!
http://www.metalface.tk/
Quote by armand0
i hate mosh pits....

YOU ONLY GET HURT IN THE PITS if you don't know what you're doing adn only the 'hardcore' pits punch stuff, metal pits, people just run into eachother
I'm really small and I'm not violent...The only friend I have who likes to mosh had a head injury and can't anymore (not from moshing though) so we stay at the back....
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
I like them.
I'm not a violent person (I've only gotten into 1 fight in my whole life and that was about 5 years ago) and I hate those people who decide to be cunts and try to punch everyone, but I like mosh pits ...and it's not like I spend the whole time moshing.

You can deny it all you want but running into stuff = fun
Quote by mcw00t
"so you mean if the father is sterile, the kid will be sterile too?"

Proof God exists and evolution is a lie:
Quote by elguitarrista3
the prove is u because u did n create urself and ur parents dindt and their parents didnt and so on and we are not monkeys peace

I dont like them bad experience in the first one I got a broken nose. Ever since then never been in one again
COBHC
Quote by metalcore123
http://youtube.com/watch?v=95W84l7C4Dg

hilarious stuff, emo down!

What a douchebag, the emo was just doing what he enjoyed, he wasn't even hitting anybody.
Quote by fob12
Him -"Hey, give me a high five!"
Her -"hahaha why? *high fives*"
Him - "Because I just dumped you for the lulz!"
Her -"... what?"
Him -"*runs away*"

Quote by Lefty7Stringer
killswitch engage has some dissonant riffs, they're kind grindcore tho

I mosh and I listen to the music at the same time. It's not too hard? And it's not like you have to mosh the entire time, you can still watch the band. Just step off to the side. I've never been in a hardcore mosh pit, nor do I want to, but all the punk mosh pits I've been in have been fantastic. As has been mentioned, it's very unifying and energetic. If someone falls down, everyone helps them up. No one is out with the sole goal of hurting someone else; if they are, they're not long for the pit.
If only summer rain would fall, on the houses and the boulevards
And the sidewalk bagatelles, it's like a dream
With the roar of cars and the lulling of the cafe bars,
The sweetly sleeping sweeping of the Seine...
I hate mosh pits. I go to concerts to listen to the music, not act like a moron.
Founder of UGPSA: Ultimate-Guitar's Pot Smokers Association. PM me to join.
Quote by Slash_HuDsOn
ak guitarist doesn't dress in the morning. he kills throughout the day and attires himself appropriately

Quote by PCbassist
I don't care for pits, but I like movement at shows. Saw the Foo Fighters on Sunday-amazing show, but the crowd ****ing sucked! A bunch of middle aged couples in the general admission, ****ed up the vibe of a rock concert.

Ha, sounds like the Zep reunion show.
Quote by Diet_coke_head
I love taking a nice dip of some horse shit, so good.
It's fun in the right doses. I mosh to thrash all the time...tis extremely fun, but to bands like Opeth or Dream Theater...moshing =/= right with the music
R.I.P. Charles Michael "Evil Chuck" Schuldiner
B. May 13 1967 - D. December 13 2001

Quote by eggsandham2
cuz ppl hate how power metal they are cuz they think its "gay" or w.e, which is immature and dirogitory
i dont really like them. ill go in for certain songs but i just dont really see the fun in them. theyre fun at punk shows because it does make the music come to life but at metal shows its like "stay alive for as long as you can" and you dont get to listen to the band.
The Mitch Clem formula
1)make jokes about rancid and NOFX (as if they dont already make fun of themselves)
2)make obvious punk puns, possibly related to food
3)make fun of Rancid and NOFX again
4)??????
5)PROFIT (and an army of internet fanboys)
Quote by armand0
i hate mosh pits....

I LOVE the pits in my hometown, but whenever I go out to anyother shows no one knows how to mosh. Some of my friends and I started a circle pit and people looked at us like we were insane!
My signature is stupid.
lol wall of death. remind me never to go to a lamb of god concert.
Im looking forward to this concert with job for a cowboy in it. Should be a decent mosh pit.
i dont mind the ones where people push eachotehr and stuff but at ozzfest it was all this punching and kicking **** and half the people were drunk as **** (i dont drink) so they wouldnt even feel if it i fought back. I only went in a few times.
The Mitch Clem formula
1)make jokes about rancid and NOFX (as if they dont already make fun of themselves)
2)make obvious punk puns, possibly related to food
3)make fun of Rancid and NOFX again
4)??????
5)PROFIT (and an army of internet fanboys)
Quote by Slaytanic1993
It's fun in the right doses. I mosh to thrash all the time...tis extremely fun, but to bands like Opeth or Dream Theater...moshing =/= right with the music

I better not see mosh pits at the Prog Nation concert im going to in L.A., i think BTBAM is kinda moshable though...
Quote by super singin
Im looking forward to this concert with job for a cowboy in it. Should be a decent mosh pit.

JFaC came to my town... on a Thursday. Thus, i couldnt go because i had school the next day.

*runs out of thread crying*

but seriously, enjoy it.
Quote by lespaul#1
Indie stands for Industrial I think, like Marilyn Manson.

Ibanez RG2EX2 (Dimarzio Breed in bridge)
Epiphone Les Paul 100
Laney LV300T
Line 6 Toneport GX

The Falling Object Model
Page 1 of 2