Okay so ive been studying how to turn major scales nto the 1,3,5 triads. i realized that the 1st note played on the scale is the first note (root note) in the chord, same with the 3rd, and 5th. but myu question is, if you get the same pitch of one string with those notes on another string which sounds better, do you play it there? im quite confused. if someone could explain this whole 1,3,5 triad thig, then kudos to them, and i will gladly praise them.
thanks,
shaun
If you play the same note on a lower, thicker string, the note will sound softer but louder, with more bass. The same note on a higher string will sound thinner. Low strings are good for basslines and roots, and the higher strings are there for chord work and solos.
I'm not sure what you mean but I think you're aiming at "Where are the scale tones in a chord placed?". Well, it varies by position of course. Taking a simple barre chord, the position is
Numbers are scale tones, not fingering

e-1-                                e-0- E
B-5-                                B-0- B
G-3-                                G-1- G#
D-1-  e.g for an E major            D-2- E
A-5-                                A-2- B
E-1-                                E-0- E
1, 3, 5 is the basic pattern for making major chords from major scales, flat the 3rd anf you can make a minor chord from a major scale.

The most common way is to move the 3rd and keep the fifth where it is, you will most likely get a barre shape out of this.

However if you don't and you know that you are playing the right notes and degrees then you will still have the major chord your aiming for just in a different shape. It doesn't matter what shape you use but in some situations (songs) one shape may sound better. Most of the time you can rearrange the shape and keep the root note in the same position and the chord will sound fine.

Once you start moving the root note around you get different types of that chord, like type 1, 2, 3, 4, 5.