Just until I can afford a better one. I’m looking to spend around $200-250, and I am willing to purchase one used. There are quite a few choices, and I'm not sure which one to get. I'd prefer 4x12. I know the tone won’t be great from a cab of this price, but I recently got a hold of a nice head and I don’t have a cabinet to play it through.
So please recommend me some cabs!

Any and all help would be greatly appreciated!
Daron. The Pit loves you.
daron aka kosmic is now a pit legend
Best post on the pit. Good for you.
thats pretty epic.
So you're like a slower paced Forrest Gump...
Yup...
Feel free to call me Kyle.

Quote by ibz_bucket
Just so you know, I read everything you type in a Mike Rowe from Dirty Jobs voice.

Quote by tubetime86
I mean in Kyle's case, it is in the best interest of mankind that he impregnate anything that looks at him funny...
Avatar is one of the greatest sound-to-money rations in the biz, yo.
Member of the EHX Guild

Yamaha SG500B
Danelectro Fish 'n' Chips EQ
EHX Russian Big Muff
Roland Cube 30
Jake will suffice.

Join the revolution, GG&A.
Wattage??? Fender makes a 412 cab for that much. Behringer does also. Not really sure what you would look at used as I've never looked for used cabs.
Founder of the EHX Users Guild
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
Please don't tell me I'm the only one that clicked this thread thinking I would learn how to make my guitar sound like a grizzly bear.
The Behringer Ultrastack BG412H is in that range. As is the Marshall MG cabinet and Avatar cabs too. Out of the three I'd mention, the Avatar would be the best and the MG cab would be the worse.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
i dont think avatars are that cheap...i guess if he wants a cab is because he has a head which probably has too much wattage for a 1x12 to handle, which are the avatars that are in his pricerange
"Prefiero morir parado que vivir siempre arrodillado" - Ernesto "El Che" Guevara de la Serna (1928 - 1967)
Last edited by Otsugua713 at Feb 28, 2008,
Quote by Otsugua713
i dont think avatars are that cheap...i guess if he wants a cab is because he has a head which probably has too much wattage for a 1x12 to handle, which are the avatars that are in his pricerange

If you want cheaper, grab an empty lopoline cab, and grab a couple of Warehouse speakers, or something.
yes 2x12 and 4x12 avatars are around 350...but the 1x12 go for 100-200
"Prefiero morir parado que vivir siempre arrodillado" - Ernesto "El Che" Guevara de la Serna (1928 - 1967)
Quote by forsaknazrael

If you want cheaper, grab an empty lopoline cab, and grab a couple of Warehouse speakers, or something.

The last time I added it up, A Lopo + Warehouse drivers is about the same as an Avatar. Probably a good choice if you can only afford to buy speakers now, and the cab later, or vise versa.
Quote by forsaknazrael
^Lopo 2x12 - 160 bucks, plus shipping, 2 Warehouse 12" Veterans - 90 bucks plus shipping.

Should still fall well under the 250 + shipping for Avatar.

Mate, I like Lopo and Warehouse, but 160 + 90 - 250.
Quote by forsaknazrael
Woops. Avatar is 350, not 250. Edited my post.

Ah, right. So...call it $20 to ship the drivers, $40 to ship the Lopo cab. Wiring it up...yea, you're right on Lopo being a better deal. Hmm. I could have sworn there was another reason for not getting a Lopo; I almost ordered one a few months ago. Ah, well.