Currently have a Agile Al-2000 guitar and am looking to buy a amp. I have noticed that Tube amps seem to be the best sounding amp but I am not partial to anything because I am a novice. The biggest crowd I will be playing for is a youth group of around 15-35 people. I will play rock and soft music so I need a good clean and distortion channel.

I will play christian-based songs at church and also going to fool around with metallica,paramore(don't laugh),eric johnson,canon rock. I just need clean and distorted.

I am asking what a well-made amp is for close to 200$.

I can buy cousins behringer gmx 212 SS combo for 185$. http://www.behringer.com/GMX212/index.cfm?lang=eng

Thanks for all the replies. This forum has helped me tons.
Last edited by Legends16 at Feb 28, 2008,
Hmmm, mabey a Vox valvetronix. Or, if your willing to spend $250 on of those Blackheart halfstacks.
Gibson SG Standard
Gibson Les Paul Traditional
Cort Explorer
Squire Standard Strat rebuilt with Fender USA parts
Squire Tele
Krank 1980
Orange Tiny Terror
Traynor YCV 50 Blue
Peavey Vypyr 75

Will fly for food. Call me Dylan
Used Peavey Bandit Trantube 112. Should be able to pick up one w/footswitch for under $200. It's SS and 80 watts.
212 is a actually a decent amp. The clean channel is great, the distortion channel is kinda meh. Look at the Roland Cube.
Founder of the EHX Users Guild
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
Please don't tell me I'm the only one that clicked this thread thinking I would learn how to make my guitar sound like a grizzly bear.
forgot about the Cube, great amp, I was extremely impressed with it. I'd say that would be best for someone at your level.
Gibson SG Standard
Gibson Les Paul Traditional
Cort Explorer
Squire Standard Strat rebuilt with Fender USA parts
Squire Tele
Krank 1980
Orange Tiny Terror
Traynor YCV 50 Blue
Peavey Vypyr 75

Will fly for food. Call me Dylan
Quote by fly135
Used Peavey Bandit Trantube 112. Should be able to pick up one w/footswitch for under $200. It's SS and 80 watts.

The third guitarist in my band has one, and that clean channel will let you do anything. The distortion is good quality too, and it's LOUD.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Solder fume huffer σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Electronic Audio Experiments
Quote by soul_power
212 is a actually a decent amp. The clean channel is great, the distortion channel is kinda meh. Look at the Roland Cube.

Yeah I agree. I am a noob but whenever playing the distorted channel I couldn't really hear the guitar all I heard was alot of buzz and not really a clean distorted sound.

The roland cube looks quite nice as well as the Vox. I am leaning towards getting a tube amp because people just can't get enough of them it seems.
For $200, you could get an Epi Valve Junior or one of those Blackhearts, but I have not played either. They're quite small though, and probably only good for bedroom use. If you wanted something bigger, the Peavey Transtubes sound pretty nice for the price.