I haven't played any PRS guitars (i've played a few SE) but really, what makes them so popular? I'll probably be trying one sooner or later, but can someone explain to me what makes PRS guitars so special?

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/PRS-Custom-24-Electric-Guitar?sku=519908

They sure do look pretty, though.
Co-Founder of the Orange Revolution Club

-Esp/Ltd Ec-1000 w/ BKP Mules
-2-channel Titan
-Oversized Bogner 2x12 Cabinet
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-T.C. Electronic Nova Delay
-Larrivee D-03R
1) Theyre sex in guitar form
2) The craftsmanship is magnifient
3) Theyre sex in guitar form.
Quote by StreetLight3989
Whatever but if I was to rate the austinaracadium he gets a 10.

My Gear

Stagg S350-MRD
Epiphone LP-100
Yamaha F325
Line 6 Spider 3
Peavey Rage158 (for sale)
Crate Palomino V8
DigiTech RP250(for sale)
MXR M-86
^^ what they said, but more importantly

They are extremely well crafted and play like well...sex in guitar form. You can literally play anything from country (eggh) to death metal on a PRS with the right pups and decent amp...get a facking PRS
R.I.P. Charles Michael "Evil Chuck" Schuldiner
B. May 13 1967 - D. December 13 2001

Quote by eggsandham2
cuz ppl hate how power metal they are cuz they think its "gay" or w.e, which is immature and dirogitory
Amazing guitars, I'd have one if I was rich (PRS 7's are over $10k), but I've had the chance to play a $5000 6er, and I loved it, the guy that owns it plays rock on it, and country stuff, but sweeps on that thing were a dream, just smooth like silk. Great guitars if you're rich.
my friend has a custom 22, its awesome to play infact its got the same finish as in the first picture that comes up on that link you posted... i have an SE Standard the main difference you will find is that the fingerboard is alot smoother and nicer [hence bowen saying sweeps etc were so smooth]

Also the custom ranges have a carved maple top, unlike the bog standards which are just flat, however there is no such thing as a bad PRS IMO, ive played tremontis and singlecuts from the lowends and they all feel like mid+ guitar definately recommended.
That's good to hear--

I'm planning on saving up for a custom 22 or 24 then, and I really am surprised at how cheap the gray/black is compared to the other colors. That color looks fantastic (and is probably the color i'm going to get.)

Quick question--what's the biggest difference between the 22 and 24 guitars?...besides that one has 24 frets and the other has 22.
Co-Founder of the Orange Revolution Club

-Esp/Ltd Ec-1000 w/ BKP Mules
-2-channel Titan
-Oversized Bogner 2x12 Cabinet
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-T.C. Electronic Nova Delay
-Larrivee D-03R