so i'm adding a ton of stuff to my rigover teh next six months

I've already decided on an amp
a peavy valve king 212
and i'm getting a DOD 250 distortion
my main decision is what guitars to get

I currently have an SG special which has gotten the crap beat out of it
so i'm thinking about buying two guitars partly because i tune in a variety of tunings

I want two guitars because i want one that looks classic and i can play in my HS jazz band and my punk band and a second i can u in my friends scremo band or a metal band

i'm thinking of spending 200-350 on the first guitar and 500-700 on the second

so for the first guitar i'm thinking one of these

jagmaster
telecustom
jetking
MH50 MH53
HagstromF20

for my second more expencive guitar i'm looking at these

mustang
jaguar
teledeluxe
S-1
corsair
Dinky
stilleto
RR3
Guitars
Gretsch corvette
Epiphone SG special

Effects
RP350
big muff pi
crybaby wah
RC-2 loop station

Amps
Spider II 15W
Bugera 333XL 212
I'd go with the Jetking and The RR3. I was looking at an RR3 until I realized that the one I was going to but (albeit I should have known there was something wrong with it for $400) the headstock was cracked pretty severely so I got my ESP.

Morale of the story, get the Ibanez and Jackson. They're the best guitars for what you described.

EDIT// And don't be scared by the Floyd on the RR3, it's stable and extremely fun to use. The issues with changing tunings are only if you're an idiot and can't turn a screw to adjust the back tension springs!
Gear:
ESP Eclipse 300
Jackson RR3
Bugera 6262 head
Trace Elliot straight cab
Boss NS-2
Boss DD-3
Last edited by bite_the_bullet at Feb 28, 2008,
For the first one try to find some kind of strat or maybe some sort of semi hollow (Epiphone???) For the second definitely some kind of Schecter.
Founder of the EHX Users Guild
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
Please don't tell me I'm the only one that clicked this thread thinking I would learn how to make my guitar sound like a grizzly bear.
Quote by bite_the_bullet
I'd go with the Jetking and The RR3. I was looking at an RR3 until I realized that the one I was going to but (albeit I should have known there was something wrong with it for $400) the headstock was cracked pretty severely so I got my ESP.

Morale of the story, get the Ibanez and Jackson. They're the best guitars for what you described.

EDIT// And don't be scared by the Floyd on the RR3, it's stable and extremely fun to use. The issues with changing tunings are only if you're an idiot and can't turn a screw to adjust the back tension springs!

+1

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Solder fume huffer σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Electronic Audio Experiments
Quote by soul_power
For the first one try to find some kind of strat or maybe some sort of semi hollow (Epiphone???) For the second definitely some kind of Schecter.

i don't like strats that much

right now i'm leaning towards the schetner stiletto
Guitars
Gretsch corvette
Epiphone SG special

Effects
RP350
big muff pi
crybaby wah
RC-2 loop station

Amps
Spider II 15W
Bugera 333XL 212
Hagstrom and RR3
ESP Custom Shop 40th Anniversary Eclipse
ESP Standard Eclipse-II
Ibanez AF85VLS
DO NOT GET THE STILLETTO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111!!1!!1!!!

I thought they were cool, until I actually played one. Schecter makes semi-alright guitars if you're playing the high end/C-1s, other than that they're pretty lackluster.
Gear:
ESP Eclipse 300
Jackson RR3
Bugera 6262 head
Trace Elliot straight cab
Boss NS-2
Boss DD-3
Quote by soul_power

Ibanez semi-hollowbodies are MUCH better than anything Epiphone can dish out.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Solder fume huffer σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Electronic Audio Experiments
Quote by stradivari310
Ibanez semi-hollowbodies are MUCH better than anything Epiphone can dish out.

Does Ibanez have anything in that price range? Oh and to the TS I would definitely try the Schecter out for yourself. I have yet to play one I didn't like and I have played their cheapest $300 one. IMO still beats anything in the price range for that style of guitar.
Founder of the EHX Users Guild
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
Please don't tell me I'm the only one that clicked this thread thinking I would learn how to make my guitar sound like a grizzly bear.
what about the MH 50 and 53
Guitars
Gretsch corvette
Epiphone SG special

Effects
RP350
big muff pi
crybaby wah
RC-2 loop station

Amps
Spider II 15W
Bugera 333XL 212
First off... How do you know what amp and guitar and pedal you want if you haven't tried it all together (disregard that if you have). Secondly... I love Ibanez Artcore guitars.... Simply amazing tone at a GREAT price. Great Semi-hollowbodies, that should be your first one. For your Metal band, I would reccomend either an ESP, or an HSS stratocaster. Personally, I feel strats are so damned versatille. I was playing friggin heavy Megadeth and Pantera on my dad's 79 strat, it sounded powerfull, balsy, and the br00talz (as they say) and it has one of the best necks ever (of course however, this tone my be due to the dimarzio superdistortion stacked single coil sized bucker in the bridge) It rips. i feel strats have the best playing necks of all guitars... thats arguable however.... If you're not into them, i say fix up your SG... (SGs are awesome )
I like the Hag & Tele but higher end look at the Hag Swede to
16' Gibson SG Std.
15' Ibanez JEM Jr.
OD9 Pro+>CM-2>BC-2>Wylde Phase>Gravy>Flashback
Marshall JCM800>V212(Vet.30/ET-65)
Ibanez TSA15H>1x12 (G12n-65)
Randall RVC5>1x12 (G12n-65)
Quote by Highwaytohell
First off... How do you know what amp and guitar and pedal you want if you haven't tried it all together (disregard that if you have). Secondly... I love Ibanez Artcore guitars.... Simply amazing tone at a GREAT price. Great Semi-hollowbodies, that should be your first one. For your Metal band, I would reccomend either an ESP, or an HSS stratocaster. Personally, I feel strats are so damned versatille. I was playing friggin heavy Megadeth and Pantera on my dad's 79 strat, it sounded powerfull, balsy, and the br00talz (as they say) and it has one of the best necks ever (of course however, this tone my be due to the dimarzio superdistortion stacked single coil sized bucker in the bridge) It rips. i feel strats have the best playing necks of all guitars... thats arguable however.... If you're not into them, i say fix up your SG... (SGs are awesome )

I agree with this entire post.