ok so im basically trying to get a guitar that doesnt cost too much(im in high school) that is suitable for stuff like paul gilbert plays(must have shred playability) and also have a nice metal tone for stuff like judas priest or helloween sounding and maybe something like rhasody of fire. basically i want a guitar i can shred on and still have the heavy metal sound as well, kind of like racer x sound then paul gilbert solo sound i guess.

how well would you guys say this guitar meets these requirements?
http://www.guitarcenter.com/Ibanez-RG4EXQM1-Quilted-Maple-Top-Electric-Guitar-103662789-i1168031.gc

i kind of have already decided on this guitar but i dont want to like buy it cuz its good on first impression you know? i want to be SURE of my guitar as it will be the first one i buy on my own since i finally have a job lol

ill try to get some dimarzios or emgs in the future but theyre too much at the moment and im just fine wiht getting the guitar for now.

thanks for your advice
Gibson SG Special Faded(Super Distortion/PAF Pro)
Carvin V3M
Jet City JCA2112RC
Taylor 114e
Ibanez SR300e

Quote by Delanoir
In 60 years, there will still be Opeth.
You know why?
Death ain't got **** on Mikael.
looks good to me
Proud member of r0k 4 Chr15t club, PM T3hRav3n/christianbassis to join.

The Rig:
Dean Icon
Cimar strat-copy
Ibanez GRX-40
Dean Edge-1 Bass
Digitech RpX400
Peavey Rage 158

Creater of Tuba players united, pm to join.
That will do
Studies have shown that 92% of guitar players are close-minded. Copy this into your signature if you're part of the 8% who enjoy rap.
That guitar looks really nice. Looks like it will do what you want easy.

Wish I had something like that when I was in high school.
Quote by darkstar2466

You are an idiot. Idiots get punished. You will be punished.
Wow, I'm not a fan of Ibanez's, but that's beautiful. Price is right too, if it plays as good as it looks.
-Epiphone SG400
-Epiphone ES-339
-Dean Ekoa acoustic
-Peavey Valveking 212
-Fulltone Full-Drive 2
-Slash Signature Wah
cool thanks guys i feel more sure that i want this one now ha thanks for not spamming and all that i expected eww tat is teh suxors!!1one! but then again this is not the pit lol
Gibson SG Special Faded(Super Distortion/PAF Pro)
Carvin V3M
Jet City JCA2112RC
Taylor 114e
Ibanez SR300e

Quote by Delanoir
In 60 years, there will still be Opeth.
You know why?
Death ain't got **** on Mikael.
i have the ibanez RG3EX1 and it slays (see on my profile). I would spend less and get the RG3 as they have the better EMG's IMo. The guitar you want is the guitar i originally wanted. If you want a guitar for a great deal with a better Tremelo but not as hot of a sound but pretty awesome as well check out this one.

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Schecter-Damien-FR-Electric-Guitar-513103-i1147996.gc
The most talented man on earth...
These guys are correct! Ibanez is still the best for the money. The lower grade models are not nearly as good as the higher end models, but still a decent purchase. The lower ones just need a good setup, yes--even from a corporate rip-off joint like Guitar Center!