[quote="'[P|E|R|S|O|N"]']from what ive heard the rule generally for buying ltds is go 400 or above

Edit:as in like EC-400, not money
+1
the man speaks the truth
i got an ec-500 and i love it.
Don't get it it sucks balls.
My Gear
Jackson RR5
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Marshall MG10 : Deaceased
Esp Ltd Ec-50
Digitech Whammy
Dunlop wah
Marshall Avt 50x
it's decent, but mine came with the pickups pushed too down and the action completely wrong and the intonation was pure ****. I had to play it for four months before I got the intonation fixed.
R.I.P. Charles Michael "Evil Chuck" Schuldiner
B. May 13 1967 - D. December 13 2001

Quote by eggsandham2
cuz ppl hate how power metal they are cuz they think its "gay" or w.e, which is immature and dirogitory
I agree with the above post.

If you can afford it, the 400 series and above come with upgraded hardware - most importantly pickups.

I'm also pretty sure that when you get to that series you also get the choice of flat faced or arch top models.

I found all the ECs to have good fret access to higher frets, being 24.75 scale helps as well for those of us without long fingers.

Give it a try if you can, see how it feels.
Quote by darkstar2466

You are an idiot. Idiots get punished. You will be punished.
Agathis = (basically) plywood

Don't do it.
ESP Custom Shop 40th Anniversary Eclipse
ESP Standard Eclipse-II
Ibanez AF85VLS
man you guys are giving the guy adviced based on your own skills.

threadstarter: i wouldn't recommend this guitar if you have any experience with stringed instruments before. in your price range i would recommend a yamaha, or a squier strat.
It's all about feel
Quote by hopespaul
man you guys are giving the guy adviced based on your own skills.

threadstarter: i wouldn't recommend this guitar if you have any experience with stringed instruments before. in your price range i would recommend a yamaha, or a squier strat.

TS was asking about his guitar as he liked the LP look.

Also wanted to know about fret access because of short fingers.

Not sure what has been written to make you believe we have given advice based on our skills?
Quote by darkstar2466

The EC-50 isnt that bad of a guitar. I bought mine around 4 or 5 years ago, and with a good setup its a decent and reliable starter guitar. It does have good upper fret access.
Gear:

07 Gibson LP Vintage Mahogany
90-91 Fender MIJ '62 Reissue Strat
Fender Acoustic/Electric
Marshall TSL601 Combo
Crybaby Wah
Ibanez TS-9
Boss Tu-2
What about the Greg Bennet Av 3, I'd like to exhaust my LP options before i turn others.
Last edited by ambush_xx at Feb 29, 2008,
I played a Legacy Les Paul copy recently. it had EMG non active pickups, nice look, and sounded very good.
Might be worth looking at someting like that as well.
Guitar was a bit thicker than the EC50, but most LP copies are reasonable thick to keep with the LP size and shape.
Quote by darkstar2466

The Ec-50 is a good starter guitar, i personally quite like the Eclipses. But i would reccomend getting a legacy LP or something of the like, more value for money.
Then save up and get a Ec-500 then give it to me
Quote by dark&broken
I'd like to see any of those meathead homophobes look a Spartan in the eye and call him a fag.

It's a good guitar. Like all guitars, it's going to be a piece of **** if it's set up poorly, but get it set up well and it'll be good.

Play one in a store before you buy it! Even if you can't play very much, just hold it and play something or even just some random notes. Get a feel for the guitar and see if you like it.
like some of the others said, if your getting a LTD go with the 400+ series.

trust me, you will thank us later