Im new so if this isnt in the right forum please direct me to where it should be thanks.

I pretty much need help with my picking. Iv been playing for about 6months now and when i pick i can hear what i think is my pick hitting the strings through the amp. It dosnt sound like a clean sound. I dont know if this is normal but i pressume its not as i dont hear it at gigs iv been to. Shouldnt the note i play just play instead of a kinda thudding sound?

My question is how do i fix this?
You might be fretting badly and picking sloppily making you hit dead notes which would make thudding sound through the amp.
guitar and bass basics or musician talk. The pit has nothing to do with guitars, thats rule #1
TheBurningFish wrote:
I don't mean to generalise but I don't believe the average Coldplay fan is a massive musical theory nut.

FS/FT: Cort SP1 Stratocaster
Zoom GFX5 fx processor
Washburn BD40 amp
$100 each OBO
Quote by emr_steelmech
guitar and bass basics or musician talk. The pit has nothing to do with guitars, thats rule #1

exactly. although there is this really nice guitar that i played about a month ago. if i had the money i would buy it.
Quote by MyDesertRose
Another Feb 08'er

ya. as much as we warn them to stay out of the pit.
Quote by ortrigger
exactly. although there is this really nice guitar that i played about a month ago. if i had the money i would buy it.

TheBurningFish wrote:
I don't mean to generalise but I don't believe the average Coldplay fan is a massive musical theory nut.

FS/FT: Cort SP1 Stratocaster
Zoom GFX5 fx processor
Washburn BD40 amp
$100 each OBO