I know absolutely nothing about bass, and I don't even play it. I do have over 2000 posts in the electric guitar forum, so I know lots about guitar stuff.

My Friend wants to spend around $200 on a Bass amp, he plays guitar too, but he is going to learn how to play bass. It needs to be loud enough do Jam with a drummer and two guitar players. We Play Classic Rock and Metal.
Quote by FRDesign
I know absolutely nothing about bass, and I don't even play it. I do have over 2000 posts in the electric guitar forum, so I know lots about guitar stuff.

My Friend wants to spend around $200 on a Bass amp, he plays guitar too, but he is going to learn how to play bass. It needs to be loud enough do Jam with a drummer and two guitar players. We Play Classic Rock and Metal.

1. No Posts =/= Knowledge. No one cares how many you have anyway.
2. Your friend needs to save up for more money, he needs 100 watts minimum.
3. There is this thing, It's called the FAQ. Go read it.
Last edited by Captain Insano at Feb 28, 2008,
my bassist has one of these. some people question the quality of behringer products, but i've never had a problem with anything i've bought from them. Take from that what you will.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Behringer-Ultrabass-BX1800-180W-1x12-Bass-Combo?sku=481102
TheBurningFish wrote:
I don't mean to generalise but I don't believe the average Coldplay fan is a massive musical theory nut.

FS/FT: Cort SP1 Stratocaster
Zoom GFX5 fx processor
Washburn BD40 amp
$100 each OBO
Quote by Captain Insano

Your friend needs to save up for more money, he needs 100 watts minimum.

lol noob

just search musicians friend by price, theres lots of choices (mostly over 100 watts.)
TheBurningFish wrote:
I don't mean to generalise but I don't believe the average Coldplay fan is a massive musical theory nut.

FS/FT: Cort SP1 Stratocaster
Zoom GFX5 fx processor
Washburn BD40 amp
$100 each OBO
Quote by emr_steelmech
lol noob

just search musicians friend by price, theres lots of choices (mostly over 100 watts.)

No! I will not ever recomend a shitty-ass Behringer amp. I care about tone and quality, so should you.

And Don't double post. There is an edit button for a goddam reason.
Quote by emr_steelmech
lol noob

I didn't know how many watts were needed.
You're gonna want 100 watts bare minimum. The more the better. $200 is gonna not gonna cut it unless you go used. And yes, stay far away from behringer. For the money they may look okay, but they sound terrible, and they state peak wattage, not RMS.
live to jam and jam to live