So I went to GC today with a purpose. I was going to bring home a new axe, and I had decided on the Schecter C-1, Hellraiser, or the PRS SE, and I wound up leaving with a MIM Fender Light Ash Special Edition..... around $800 was going to be my cap...

I laughed on the way home, but what could I say, it spoke to me for some reason...

I played the C-1, Hellraiser, and the SE again while deciding, but also picked up a strat while I was there and wasn't impressed with the action or tone at all, but I decided to try another... Long story short, the salesman went to look what he had in back along the same lines as the ones I was playing and brought out the one that I bought....

Right out of the box and into the amp, I was in love man... for a MIM strat I was blown away... And this is from someone who HAS NEVER pictured himself owning a strat.... (was never a fan of fenders, and never really dug single coils that much aside from rare use when splitting)

I sat there with the strat, the PRS and the Hellraiser, and after about 15 minutes was sold...

I just wanted to share because I though it was funny how I wound up with the last thing I thought I would have bought just based on the way it felt, played and sounded..
Attachments:
111.jpg
Washburn D-12
Ibanez RG
Ibanez RG 7321
Epiphone Les Paul / EMG 81 85
Fender MIM Ash Stratocaster
Digitech Whammy
Small Stone Phaser
Boss SD-1-Modded
Boss MT-2-Modded
Boss CE-5
Boss DD-3-Modded
ISP Decimator
B-52 AT-212
She's a beaut!
Quote by Metal-X
But last time I cranked my amp up. A small bird flew by at the same time I did a pinch harmonic.... and it exploded....

Too Late
And that's why I always tell people they need to test out a wide range of individual guitars, not just one of each different model.
Survivor of the St. John's Lockdown
Quote by SG thrasher

The thread-starter is a legend.
Seriously, who thinks "Shit, i'm gonna die, BRB, Ima' tell UG."?

Quote by The_Paranoia

Congratz man, you are a true, American Hero.
Go Schneiderman!

Gun Facts: Educate Yourself
thats a sweet looking strat! the wood is awesome. how much did you pay for it?
sweet! i like that much better than the hellraiser. add it to your sig!!!
♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥
It just goes to prove how important it is to sit and play different guitars when choosing a new one.

Very nice Strat bro.... enjoy!
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Gibson DC Pro Custom shop
Fender American Stratocaster - Vintage custom
Fender Squier Strat
Fender Standard Telecaster
Quote by Schneiderman
And that's why I always tell people they need to test out a wide range of individual guitars, not just one of each different model.

That's for sure...

I paid just over $400 for it when I was leaning towards an almost $800 hellraiser....

I usually don't like finishes like this has, and like I said, I never really was a fan of strats.... but something felt right with this thing and I ran with it.... I mean it's just like Schneiderman says...... I played like 3 or 4 other strats as well just for the hell of it(some quite a bit more expensive than this one and some the same) and this one just felt like it had what the others didn't.... for me at least....

Hehe, the good thing is that if I know I'm going to buy a guitar at guitar center, I never feel bad for dragging down a bunch of different ones to try out....
Washburn D-12
Ibanez RG
Ibanez RG 7321
Epiphone Les Paul / EMG 81 85
Fender MIM Ash Stratocaster
Digitech Whammy
Small Stone Phaser
Boss SD-1-Modded
Boss MT-2-Modded
Boss CE-5
Boss DD-3-Modded
ISP Decimator
B-52 AT-212
They haven't been around all this time for no reason, they'll pull you in and seduce you.
Just over $400 for that strat is a dream, man! And I guess it's first-hand, too?
hahahaha... that same thing happened to me...i went to get a strat or a schecter... and played a PRS SE just for the kicks... 20 mins later... i couldnt let the PRS go... so i bought it
The ones that call out for us are always the best ones. That's a beautiful strat there.
yea, i hate hellraisers, their necks are rediculously thick and it doesnt look good on a strat body. My philospogy is that if its a metal guitar it should have a thin neck, but thats just me. Strats are great tho. You can always put a single coil sized humbucker in the bridge if you want.
The Mitch Clem formula
1)make jokes about rancid and NOFX (as if they dont already make fun of themselves)
2)make obvious punk puns, possibly related to food
3)make fun of Rancid and NOFX again
4)??????
5)PROFIT (and an army of internet fanboys)