...does one have to be to buy stock and invest money?
Quote by Ylasto
R.I.P Ean.

Are there any other members of Lynyrd Skynyrd who are dead?
ive really considered it at 14, but i think if your under 18 like me you have to invest it through a parent b/c you legally cant own a bank account.
My Gear

Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Epiphone Elitist Paul Mccartney Texan
Orange Tiny Terror
Vox Valvetronix AD 30
Vox V847 Wah
Metal Muff EQ (broken )
Boss RC-2 Loop pedal

Me playing
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l0unpDZFIWA
Any age, have your parents help you, or someone who knows about that ****.
PANDEMIC GROUP

Slash is trash

I has golfclaps!
Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss

Quote by boreamor
Your avatar is the first thing that has made me laugh in a long time. I applaud you

Quote by superslash1994
Lmao, your avatar earns you a golf clap.
Any age really. But a parents help is reccommended and mostly needed
Quote by Birdy266
Otherkid your a genius

Silence is Golden But Duck Tape Is Silver

cream fanclub member 2

The Rabbi of Zeppelinism

Member #2 of the Red Sox Fanclub. PM Gibson06 to join.

if you are under 18...any age with your parents help

actually im not sure

i had rrsp's when i worked at canadian tire, and had the option to use something else
i dont know how much different that is
If you don't even know this, should you really be investing in stocks just yet?

Just my two cents, but maybe learn a bit more about it first?
Old king cole was a merry old soul, a merry old soul was he.
He called for his pipe, and he called for his bowl( ****ing stoner)
and he called information for numbers he could have easily looked up in the phone book.
Wondering the same thing earlier today. When/if we go into a recession I'm gonna put all the money I have (not much) into stocks. Can't go much lower than a recession or depression can it? Way I see it you can only make money.
Rock Crawler of the UG Jeepers
PM Dirk Gently to join if you've got a Jeep
Quote by Guitartv
Wondering the same thing earlier today. When/if we go into a recession I'm gonna put all the money I have (not much) into stocks. Can't go much lower than a recession or depression can it? Way I see it you can only make money.

except for the fact you could lose everything
Frankly, you shouldn't consider investing unless you've got around 3 grand laying around that you can definitely afford to lose. Investing is nothing less than a gamble, you are betting that the company you put your money in is going to do well. If we hit a recession (and it is looking that way) there is no way of telling how far our stock markets our going to fall. You can't really make money off of it unless you somehow manage to figure out when the recession has hit it's lowest point and the economy is on the rise again, and you also figure out what companies are going to come out of the recession the best.
Aside from having that knowledge I would refrain from investing nowadays.
Quote by Guitartv

Ummm, thats not very good logic and you could really end up ****ing yourself over if you do that. A recession could just keep getting worse and worse you never know. Your stocks are most valuable when the economy is in good shape. Besides you want to keep your money invested in banks so you collect interest, not gamble all you have on a poor market.........
Mischief. Mayhem. Soap.

"I am Jack's complete lack of suprise"
Quote by clancy256
except for the fact you could lose everything

>.>
<.<

...........or that
Rock Crawler of the UG Jeepers
PM Dirk Gently to join if you've got a Jeep
i think you can invest from 16 in the uk.

I think its just whenever you control your own bank account and no longer need parents signitures.

i own a fair bit of stock myself but it was all bought for me when i was young. To be honest i would suggest just raping the **** out of the tax free high interest accounts kids get for some reason. failing that put your cash into a fixed term ISA, and try to set one up every year.
Acoustic Percussion Guitar Player
Quote by InvaderTSN
I can only poop during full moons.
Sorry for being kind of off topic, but could someone explain the stock system to me? I've tried looking on wikipedia and stuff but I still don't get the purpose or how it works.
Quote by iamnotrabid
Sorry for being kind of off topic, but could someone explain the stock system to me? I've tried looking on wikipedia and stuff but I still don't get the purpose or how it works.

http://money.howstuffworks.com/stock.htm
Why are we so wicked indecisive
Let's hit the streets with toy explosives
And let's enjoy what we have