Page 1 of 3
Ok so theres been alot of talk about Bugera is not Behringer. I just couldn't see Behringer not having there hands in something shady like that. I mean hell look at all the boss pedals they ripped off and then mysteriously another company pops up ripping off peavey and ohhh no its not us were just handling the distrubution... come one now. So I finally got feed up with it and did some research and here is what i found.

http://whois.domaintools.com/bugera-amps.com

Behringer owns there Domain and for any legal issues its pointing to Behringer legal email addy.. So why would a company handling the distrubution only of another company also own the website of that company....... Makes ya think huh!

I think Bugera just got owned......
Last edited by IbanezPsycho at Feb 28, 2008,
...oh well?
Quote by dudetheman
So what? I wasted like 5 minutes watching DaddyTwoFoot's avatar.

Metalheads are the worst thing that ever happened to metal.
Quote by DaddyTwoFoot
...oh well?

+1
Gear:
Ibanez RG550 20th RFR
Traynor YCV50
Fender FMT HH Tele
Mesa Boogie 2ch Triple Rectifier
2 1x12 custom Theile cabs
ISP Decimator
Krank Kranshaft
Boss BF-2 Flanger
BBE Sonic Maximizer
Also coverage from NAMM

"Behringer unveils at the NAMM Show 2007, Bugera valve guitar amplifiers - a line of four amps heads with matching combos. Characteristics of the Bugera valve guitar amps include:

Boutique-style 120 Watt 2 or 3 channel configuration valve amplifier head and combo with reverb
Hand-selected, precision-matched Bugera power and preamp valves, specifically laid out for the intended tone of each amp
Cabinets come loaded with vintage-designed valve electronics
Combos sport two custom Bugera 12-inch speakers with high-end dual reverbs, traditional effects inserts and a road worthy foot pedal switch

Get a hands-on experience of the new Bugera valve guitar amps and the new range of Behringer products at NAMM07. Come visit us at Booth No. 6756."

Very Intresting...
Its called sponsorship. Behringer sponsors Bugera, ships there stuff, pays for their website, and displays their stuff at NAMM. Its not complex at all.

Its funny how everyone thinks the amp is **** because its supposedly "made" by Behringer. If this had a Peavey logo smacked onto it you guys would think its the best value amp ever made. Get your panties out of their bunches please.
Epiphone G-400
GFS Crunchy PAF - Bridge

DigiTech Bad Monkey
iSP Decimator

New Amp Fund: Depleted
Last edited by mike.h at Feb 28, 2008,
meh
Gear
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Ibanez EX 470 (1991)

Peavey 6505 combo
Vox Valvetronix AD15VT
Danville 1X12 Cab
Kustom 12w tube

Dunlop Crybaby
DOD overdrive(YJM)
Boss Ns-2
PodXt
Dod 250 Overdrive
Got this off of gearwire

"If you want an amp with tubes in it without selling your adrenaline gland to some burnouts who've watched Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas one too many times, check this video out. Bugera amps, manufactured by Behringer, are designed in Germany and put together with parts manufactured entirely in their Chinese factories from speaker cones to coils."

Also Behringer amps have Bugera Speakers in them.. Another sign pointing towards the darkside...
^What are you getting at??? The amp you have costs just as much as a Bugera does new and probably has an even lower resale value at the moment...
Founder of the EHX Users Guild
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
Please don't tell me I'm the only one that clicked this thread thinking I would learn how to make my guitar sound like a grizzly bear.
Quote by IbanezPsycho
Got this off of gearwire

"If you want an amp with tubes in it without selling your adrenaline gland to some burnouts who've watched Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas one too many times, check this video out. Bugera amps, manufactured by Behringer, are designed in Germany and put together with parts manufactured entirely in their Chinese factories from speaker cones to coils."

Also Behringer amps have Bugera Speakers in them.. Another sign pointing towards the darkside...

Dude, since when was GearWire actually trustable?

And whats this "darkside"..... Bugera amps are great, even if they're made by Behringer.
Epiphone G-400
GFS Crunchy PAF - Bridge

DigiTech Bad Monkey
iSP Decimator

If Bugera is even related to Gehringer, I would stay the hell away. Behringers are KNOWN for making unreliable stuff. The fact its all Chinese points to Behringer owning it. By the sponsorship logic, Gibson just sponsors Kramer. The only Behringer is saying they just handle distribution is to legally pull their ass out of the fire. For all intents and purposes, Behringer owns Bugera.
Quote by CJRocker
If Bugera is even related to Gehringer, I would stay the hell away. Behringers are KNOWN for making unreliable stuff. The fact its all Chinese points to Behringer owning it. By the sponsorship logic, Gibson just sponsors Kramer. The only Behringer is saying they just handle distribution is to legally pull their ass out of the fire. For all intents and purposes, Behringer owns Bugera.

Behringers first line of pedals were the only things "KNOWN" for being unreliable. They actually have a few great pedals, especially their Tubescreamer clone. This whole thread is just pointless. Just go try the amp, you'll probably like it anyways.
And dont say Behringer owns Bugera based on a conspiracy theory please.
Epiphone G-400
GFS Crunchy PAF - Bridge

DigiTech Bad Monkey
iSP Decimator

Quote by CJRocker

+1

And more info on my thoughts for bringing this to peoples attention. Im just stating all the stuff thats relating the two and thus doing so it might not be a good idea for eveyone to jump on the Bugera Band Wagon.... But hey to each there own, i just got tired of people asking does behringer have anything to do with them and everyone saying ohhhh no there really good amps they just send them out to you.. If someone is asking hey does behringer touch these things there usually a reason why and i would hate to see someone get duped into buying a product because everyone not knowing lied to the guy because there on the Bugera band wagon... Im just stating info i have found that might lead me to believe the two companys are one the same. I never said dont buy Bugera amps. I just said they might be the same company...
Quote by IbanezPsycho
+1

And more info on my thoughts for bringing this to peoples attention. Im just stating all the stuff thats relating the two and thus doing so it might not be a good idea for eveyone to jump on the Bugera Band Wagon.... But hey to each there own, i just got tired of people asking does behringer have anything to do with them and everyone saying ohhhh no there really good amps they just send them out to you.. If someone is asking hey does behringer touch these things there usually a reason why and i would hate to see someone get duped into buying a product because everyone not knowing lied to the guy because there on the Bugera band wagon... Im just stating info i have found that might lead me to believe the two companys are one the same. I never said dont buy Bugera amps. I just said they might be the same company...

Once again I ask WHAT THE **** IS YOUR POINT
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
Please don't tell me I'm the only one that clicked this thread thinking I would learn how to make my guitar sound like a grizzly bear.
Quote by IbanezPsycho
+1

And more info on my thoughts for bringing this to peoples attention. Im just stating all the stuff thats relating the two and thus doing so it might not be a good idea for eveyone to jump on the Bugera Band Wagon.... But hey to each there own, i just got tired of people asking does behringer have anything to do with them and everyone saying ohhhh no there really good amps they just send them out to you.. If someone is asking hey does behringer touch these things there usually a reason why and i would hate to see someone get duped into buying a product because everyone not knowing lied to the guy because there on the Bugera band wagon... Im just info i have found that might lead me to believe the two companys are one the same. I never said dont buy Bugera amps. I just said they might be the same company...

You're just jumping on the "Behringer cannot make anything decent" bandwagon.

Honestly, what has Behringer made that hasnt been reliable? Their pedals seem pretty tough to me:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0QL-6eTHSHQ

And their TubeScreamer clone.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UteVdAOsquU

Sure, some of their pedals arent the best, but they're cheap as hell. You dont see people saying Danelectro cant make anything just because their pedals arent the best.
Epiphone G-400
GFS Crunchy PAF - Bridge

DigiTech Bad Monkey
iSP Decimator

Quote by mike.h
Behringers first line of pedals were the only things "KNOWN" for being unreliable. They actually have a few great pedals, especially their Tubescreamer clone. This whole thread is just pointless. Just go try the amp, you'll probably like it anyways.

I've owned 4 pieces of Behringer products and all of them were junk and i immediatly returned or sold. Also 2 of them had reliabilty issue, namely buttons going out and all 4 products had a ton of noise through out the whole range so you couldnt cut it out with anything......
Again, I just dont see how any of this is relevant to amp making and Bugera.... just give Bugera a chance, this is really childish.
Epiphone G-400
GFS Crunchy PAF - Bridge

DigiTech Bad Monkey
iSP Decimator

Quote by IbanezPsycho
Got this off of gearwire

Oh yeah, I completely forgot that Marshall owns Celestion and Fender owns Jensen
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
Quote by soul_power
Oh yeah, I completely forgot that Marshall owns Celestion and Fender owns Jensen

Have you ever gone to out to try and buy a Bugera speaker? Or have you only seen them in Behringer products... You have a company that has there own brand of speakers they put in there amps called Bugera, then years later a company sprots up named after a speaker behringer use's in there amps. Kind of intresting and go out and try and buy a Bugera speaker like Celestions or Jensen's... You can't because there Jensen Designed speakers for Behringer.... Thats my point with the whole speaker thing...
Behringer already makes all tube amps so what would be the point of rebranding them? And you pointed out that Behringer is in charge of the legal stuff. Well damn right they are. I mean they're making a ****load of profit off the distribution so if Bugera gets in trouble then they're going to want to protect them so that they can keep making profit. Also look at Bugeras address on their site. It's based out of the UK Virgin Isles.
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
Just thought I'd share that I take pretty careful care of my equipment but I've had these behringer products break on me: small mixer, rack eq, rack mic pre, limiter pedal, reverb pedal, guitar DI pedal, chorus pedal. I own several behringer products that have not broken themselves yet (vampire amp, rack compressor, another mixer, and a few others, but I know there's a good chance they will break sooner than later.

For the price, behringer stuff sounds good (except for anything they make for bass) and has a lot of neat features, but it is all unreliable and very poorly made. Of course after a few weeks of having the bugera amps everyone loves them because they sound good and have a lot of features for the price, let's wait and see how many months these amps last. Hopefully they will be quality products, but I really don't trust behringer at this point.

Behringer is also known to use a lot of deceptive marketing approaches (advertising peak instead of RMS wattage anyone?) so I wouldn't but the bugera "distribution" thing past them as a blatent cover up for the fact that they are "bugera" after all they've had "bugera" speakers in their cabs long before these amps were ever mentioned.

And the bugera speakers in my vampre 2*10 and by behringer 15" bass cab sound like utter ****.
Quote by IbanezPsycho

That's how the two companies started their relationship.
Marshall was just an off shoot company copying fender bassmans.

Vox made church organs.

Gibson made mandolins.

so on and so on. these companies got their start because peple gave them a chance. Give bugera a chance.

Its been long known that behringer owns bugera. most all of their amps use bugera speakers, and no other amp line uses them. This has been clarified a long time ago, not simply because they own the domain name.

anyone who can't aka that deduction by google or reading needs more help than you can give.
Peavey 5150
Mesa Mark IV
Mesa Single Rectifier (Series 1)
Fender Custom Shop Tonemaster
Roland Microcube

-Whitebox OS 1x12
-Port City OS 1x12

Digidesign Eleven RackAxe Fx Ultra
Quote by soul_power
Behringer already makes all tube amps so what would be the point of rebranding them? And you pointed out that Behringer is in charge of the legal stuff. Well damn right they are. I mean they're making a ****load of profit off the distribution so if Bugera gets in trouble then they're going to want to protect them so that they can keep making profit. Also look at Bugeras address on their site. It's based out of the UK Virgin Isles.

behringer currently make all tube amps? Or was that only years ago?
Peavey 5150
Mesa Mark IV
Mesa Single Rectifier (Series 1)
Fender Custom Shop Tonemaster
Roland Microcube

-Whitebox OS 1x12
-Port City OS 1x12

Digidesign Eleven RackAxe Fx Ultra
Quote by CanCan
That's how the two companies started their relationship.

Bugera speakers are a Jensen designed speaker for Behringer... Bugera is not the companies name that makes the speaker. Posted about that already..

Also the reason i posted this is because like i said people are still asking if Behringer owns them and people are still stating no. So i posted.... Just read any of the 20 threads about bugera amps.. Figured this would be a good info thread for those people asking questions about bugera amps and behringer...
Quote by mike.h

Oh yeah, thats why my VAMP2 **** the bed after getting left out in a 40 degree F car overnight. Thats what I call quality

Why are you defending them so fiercly anyway?

Rein, I see where you are coming from, but those companies established themselves as making great, reliable products to begin with. Behringer does not have that footing. I'm all giving companies a chance, but would you buy a Yugo made SUV if it said "Slovak" on it? I don't think so.
im pretty sure that mike and soul are just defending them for no reason
i hope you feel bad when everyones bugera's die
Gear:
Ibanez RG550 20th RFR
Traynor YCV50
Fender FMT HH Tele
Mesa Boogie 2ch Triple Rectifier
2 1x12 custom Theile cabs
ISP Decimator
Krank Kranshaft
Boss BF-2 Flanger
BBE Sonic Maximizer
i got to f*ck with a 6262 yesterday for about 3 hours....and bugera has made one damn fine guitar amplifier for cheap....im buying one
Saying that Bugera's connection to Behringer means this or that is not only silly, but irrelevent. Try one. The sticker/nameplate/headstock shouldn't be your first factor to consider when buying guitar gear.

This makes me shake my head sadly, but also want to post the LOL QUE? pear. I'm reminded of this post:
Quote by Giant Tool
don't knock epiphone, in a couple of days i should have my new epiphone explorer, and its just as good as the gibson, but costs less!!!
Quote by the.spine.surfs
Saying that Bugera's connection to Behringer means this or that is not only silly, but irrelevent. Try one. The sticker/nameplate/headstock shouldn't be your first factor to consider when buying guitar gear.

This makes me shake my head sadly, but also want to post the LOL QUE? pear. I'm reminded of this post:

well the problem is everyone is trying them now and enjoying. But the behringer issue is not one of initial sound quality or neat features. We are trying to decide if the bugera amps will all blow up in a couple months as most every piece of behinger equipment does. You can't test that out in a store.

All this hype around the amps is getting everyone fired up over buying them, I'm just saying the best approach is to wait 6 months and see what everyone is saying about their reliability at that point. No point in getting a dirt cheap tube stack if it's still not going to make it through the year.

Maybe bugera will come through, maybe it won't. Either way, all these new fanboys for it have been dodging the number one behringer issue of reliability when it should be the first thing addressed.
If they are copies of the XXX and 6505, shouldn't we be happy that they'll obviously cost less?
Quote by thellamaking
If they are copies of the XXX and 6505, shouldn't we be happy that they'll obviously cost less?

Not if they are copies without the same amount of reliability and quality control as the xxx and 6505. See that's the real issue, not sound and certainly not price. What good is a cheap copy that sounds exactly the same if it stops working after a few months of real use?
Quote by dullsilver_mike
All this hype around the amps is getting everyone fired up over buying them, I'm just saying the best approach is to wait 6 months and see what everyone is saying about their reliability at that point. No point in getting a dirt cheap tube stack if it's still not going to make it through the year.

This I aggree with. I wouldn't buy one for a while, certainly.
Quote by IbanezPsycho
Ok so theres been alot of talk about Bugera is not Behringer. I just couldn't see Behringer not having there hands in something shady like that. I mean hell look at all the boss pedals they ripped off and then mysteriously another company pops up ripping off peavey and ohhh no its not us were just handling the distrubution... come one now. So I finally got feed up with it and did some research and here is what i found.

http://whois.domaintools.com/bugera-amps.com

Behringer owns there Domain and for any legal issues its pointing to Behringer legal email addy.. So why would a company handling the distrubution only of another company also own the website of that company....... Makes ya think huh!

I think Bugera just got owned......

volkswagon own rolls royce. doesnt mean they are the same. a VW will never be a roller, even if they use some of the same parts...
Thank you please.
Honestlly it doesn't even matter. if you like Bugera. fine. play them. my guitar player has one. sounds damn good. it holds up against my 5150 II and my 1992 Balckface Dual Rec. he has the 6262 head.

theres alot worse amps out there. The Peavey Valve King has alot of amps being shipped back cause of malfunctions. my brother bought the head from Guitar center in Oct. 07 and as soon as he got it hooked up to the crappy cab it blew the caps out. so he returned it and got another one, but decided to get the combo version this time, and what happens in 3 weeks, the speakers fail. the amps sound decent for the money.

all in all. find your sound. you get what you pay for. if it breaks, fix it. whatever

who gives a SH*t.
Who cares if Bugera ripped off Peavey? Want to know why? The 5150 is a rip off a the Soldano SLO. No one seems to realize that.
Guitar
Ernie Ball Music Man Silhouette Special
Washburn WI64
Martin D-15
Amps
1960s Harmony
Rocktron/Egnater TOL 50 2x12
Rivera Chubster 55
FX
Fulltone OCD v.1
Keeley TS808
Voodoo Labs Superfuzz
Wilson WH10
Boss DD-20
Jesus, who cares? Its only a brand name....
If we found out they were made by Behringer it wouldn't change it at all. They'd still be good value amps People may rip on them more, but at the end of the day they're still the same...
Quote by jxljxl
If UG had a Facebook style Relationship thing, I'd e-marry you C-mak

Quote by jxljxl
I want C-mak in my bum.

^Think he might have a thing for me...
Page 1 of 3