Ok, so I have only had experience with the Mark IV (KICK ASS!!!), and the Dual and Triple Rectos(Great but cleans were kinda meh). Instead of getting a cheaper tube amp I think I'm just going to go all out and save up $1,000 or so and get something I know I'll be happy with. My question is how is Mesas other stuff? F-30, F-50, Roadking, Rectoverb, Lone Star, Stiletto, ETC. Right now I'm mainly looking at the F-50 because it seems to be in the price range. What genre is it suited to? For those who don't already know from the billion other amp threads I've posted my style varies from cleans (rhcp), to crunch and blues (Zeppelin, Hendrix), shred (Eric FKN Johnson, Satch, ETC), to all out Metalcore (Oh, Sleeper). Would there be a better choice in my range?
EDIT: Main guitar is a Fender Clapton but I have a Carlson PG-51 (dual HB) to handle the higher gain stuff.
Founder of the EHX Users Guild
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
Please don't tell me I'm the only one that clicked this thread thinking I would learn how to make my guitar sound like a grizzly bear.
i have a stiletto ace, and it is incredible. its a very bright amp, with a decidedly british tone to it, but is very versatile. well worth the money.
The Gear:

Custom Strat
Mesa Boogie Stiletto Ace
Fulltone OCD
Electro Harmonix Small Clone Chorus
Dunlop Crybaby Classic
MXR EVH-117 Flanger
Fulltone Soul Bender
i think the roadster is pretty decent for those multi genre styles
Quote by Highwaytohell
the F-50 would probably offer what you are looking for... but you may need an OD for the Metalcore...

Yeah I plan on getting a Fulltone OCD eventually anyway. Stiletto might be a bit out of my price range. I would prefer like a 112 combo that has the option of connecting a cab. Can you do that with the F-50???
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
Please don't tell me I'm the only one that clicked this thread thinking I would learn how to make my guitar sound like a grizzly bear.
Oh and what about the Nomads? Is there anything I didn't list that would be worth a look?
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
The F-50 should be able to cover all those styles quite well. It's a very versatile amp, I used to own an F-30. I play mainly metalcore/hardcore/death and it was able to handle it without an OD.

The Nomad is pretty good too but I liked the F series better.

Oh and yes, the F-50 can connect to an extension cab.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by MatrixClaw
The F-50 should be able to cover all those styles quite well. It's a very versatile amp, I used to own an F-30. I play mainly metalcore/hardcore/death and it was able to handle it without an OD.

The Nomad is pretty good too but I liked the F series better.

Oh and yes, the F-50 can connect to an extension cab.

Allright, Ill have to see if I can get my hands on one and try it out. I'm also looking int the possibility of getting a Carvin V3 although I'm bummed that they don't make a 112. Also I just realized that Carvin re-released the X100B which means that the older ones are probably going to go up in value
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
The F series is pretty cool. I like to refer to the amps as the first 2 channels on a Mark IV but with a lot more gain on the channel 2 than on the Mark IV's channel 2. The F series is very vintage based, very straightfoward in design. Ultra thick gain. The F series takes pedals better than any other tube amp I've used.
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
Dual Rectifier or even a Rect-o-verb if the other one's too much.
Fender Strat
Genz.Benz Black Pearl 1x12
A used Mark III is my opinion. I heard they go for around 500-700$. that leaves enough money for a good cab.

Kramer Focus 3000
Ibanez ATK300
Rocktron Chameleon
Digitech IPS33B
Ibanez WH10
Korg Pitchblack
Line6 UX2