Pit-monkeys, I need your aid.

I have to write an essay on how The movie/television special of Raisin in the Sun (in any of its incarnations) has to do with the American dream. My family cannot rent movies at the local blockbuster (we suck at turning them back in), and I cant find it online or on bittorrent. I cant even a detailed plot summery.

Can anyone help me out? How does it relate to the American dream? I just need two or three things I can talk about for a paragraph each.
well... sparknotes would really help. they even have a little section that discusses key topics and i'm pretty sure the american dream would be one of them.

edit: holy crap i totally forgot that it was the TV version. sorry bud. Maybe it's close enough to the book?
Last edited by guylee at Feb 28, 2008,
I know that one girl wants to get a job as a doctor and the family helps save money for medical school. Part of the American Dream is to become succesful, right?
UGHC Member
Quote by Magero
You're my whore....I'm Defy's...it's a chain dude...you just happen to be at the bottom of it...unless theres an ear-wig or someting you wanna make your bitch.

Quote by Vittu0666
You rock.
What is the American dream??
How many guitar players does it take to change a light bulb?

Twelve. One to change the bulb and eleven to say they could do it better.
imdb.com mate
Gear
Takamine EG5015S
Fender Telecaster Deluxe
Fender Strat
Fender Stage 1600 (160 Watt)
Digitech Hot Head
Digitech Hot Rod
Digitech DF-7 Distortion Factory
Quote by DK_guitarman
haha you can't rent movies anymore... i hope you get an F

Its for extra credit, dick. You get an F at life.
The movie is just a play, it takes twenty minutes to read the novel version of it, because it's just a script of the play.

But, if it helps: It shows the American dream because the father wants to provide a better life for his family, the daughter wants to make better of herself and become independent, the grandmother wants family values to be restore, etc, etc.
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Yeah, write to my fanclub about it, honey.
Wasn't P Diddy in the most recent t.v incarnation?
GREAT ODIN'S RAVEN
Quote by Craig01
What is the American dream??

A nice house with a white picket fence, a little dog and 1.5 children.
time machine. Inadvertently, I had created a
Quote by iceman_8319

nice

though I think it's 2.5..
Nope, no sig here.
Quote by iceman_8319

As I recall, in the end, the family moved out of their apartment into a nice house with a white picket fence, and they had a son, and the wife was pregnant. So.. And the main character's sister could be considered a child, I guess.
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Yeah, write to my fanclub about it, honey.