If oil costing $22.50 per barrel is combined with oil costing $35.00/barrel, how much of each is required to create 1250 barrels costing $27.50/barrel?

I don't want the answer! I need to understand how to do this type of question. I was away during the class my teacher taught it. Anybody here pass grade 10 math? you shoul be able to help me .
Lol awesome, I have a test on this tommorow, i shall help you just a sec.
Gear: Schecter C-1 Hellraiser FR
Epiphone Les Paul Standard (plus top)
Traynor YCV50 BLUE
Peavey Blazer
Zakk Wylde Signature Wah
EH Small Clone
MXR Distortion 3 (III)
I think you need to add up the 22.50, and the 35.00, then divide by 2. I really have no idea though, so don't use this advice.
First of all,

Let q be the 22.50 barrel, and r be the 35 barrel. (hopefully by now you know it doesn't matter what letters you use :P)

q+r=1250 because the sum of all the barrels is equal to 1250.
22.50q+35.00r=27.50(1250) because the sum of the money will equal 27.50 times the number of barrels. In this case, 1250.

So there you have your two equations, and you solve them using either substitution or elimination.

Your welcome.
Traynor YCV50 BLUE
Peavey Blazer
Zakk Wylde Signature Wah
EH Small Clone
MXR Distortion 3 (III)
well this is irrelevant anyway considering oil is over $100 a barrel now...i think.
Quote by Jackintehbox
Pedophilia all the way man. Go for it.

Quote by deathbat831
hahaha i thought you wrote Philidelphia all the way, i was like yeah philidelphias cool i spose

Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
I'm always too embarrassed to buy condoms. Saran wrap is cheaper, anyway.
Quote by clay pots
well this is irrelevant anyway considering oil is over $100 a barrel now...i think.

http://www.wtrg.com/prices.htm
Quote by yellowfrizbee
lmao XxGloriousxX is a genius

Quote by Pinky19
You guys fail. Except for you Glorious. You win.

Once again.
Quote by Guitarfreak777
I would shoot them to death yes, but trying to aim for non-leathal, hoping they live.

which one is it Guitarfreak777?
Quote by Nocomment
First of all,

Let q be the 22.50 barrel, and r be the 35 barrel. (hopefully by now you know it doesn't matter what letters you use :P)

q+r=1250 because the sum of all the barrels is equal to 1250.
22.50q+35.00r=27.50(1250) because the sum of the money will equal 27.50 times the number of barrels. In this case, 1250.

So there you have your two equations, and you solve them using either substitution or elimination.

Your welcome.

*You're

And shouldn't it be 0.225q times 0.35r = 27.50? (using your variables)

Cause that's how I'm doing it, and I'm practically positive that's how I've done other questions like it.
This isn't a percent question though, it's for dollars. Also it doesn't equal 27.50$, its equal to every barrel being worth 27.50$, which there are 1250 of them. By your logic it wouldn't matter if there were 4 barrels or 8 million, it would equal 27.50.
Traynor YCV50 BLUE
Peavey Blazer
Zakk Wylde Signature Wah
EH Small Clone
MXR Distortion 3 (III)
Quote by original=punk
*You're

And shouldn't it be 0.225q times 0.35r = 27.50? (using your variables)

Cause that's how I'm doing it, and I'm practically positive that's how I've done other questions like it.

Then why did you ask for help?

You seem like a major asshole to me if you asked for help and he tries to help you, and all you do is criticize his grammar and tell him that he is wrong.

If you knew how to do it, then why did you ask for help in the first place?
Ticking away the moments that make up a dull day
You fritter and waste the hours in an offhand way
Kicking around on a piece of ground in your home town
Waiting for someone or something to show you the way
^ Thanks guy. I agree but I decided to ignore it, cause I have english class hw to do.
Traynor YCV50 BLUE
Peavey Blazer
Zakk Wylde Signature Wah
EH Small Clone
MXR Distortion 3 (III)
Quote by Dimebag22
Then why did you ask for help?

You seem like a major asshole to me if you asked for help and he tries to help you, and all you do is criticize his grammar and tell him that he is wrong.

If you knew how to do it, then why did you ask for help in the first place?

I asked for help because I didn't knwo how to start off.

I "critisized" his grammar because I'm insane.

And quite obviously, I DIDN'T know how to do it, because he corrected me. I didn't say "he was wrong" I said that htis is how I did it, to make sure either I was right because there are different methods of doing math.

So yeah, sorry for trying to understand. I realize I may have ocme off harsh, but maybe it's because I've had someone f*cking with me all day, it's 12:14 at night and I've been at school from 7 till 4:30 nonstop, then was doing swimming out till 8.
Quote by Jackintehbox
Pedophilia all the way man. Go for it.

Quote by deathbat831
hahaha i thought you wrote Philidelphia all the way, i was like yeah philidelphias cool i spose

Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
I'm always too embarrassed to buy condoms. Saran wrap is cheaper, anyway.
Quote by original=punk
it's 12:14 at night and I've been at school from 7 till 4:30 nonstop, then was doing swimming out till 8.

Damn, that blows. Why the hell were you that early and late? That's like a working man shift.

School is 9 to 3 15 for me...

BTW you can still say thank you, you ass.
Traynor YCV50 BLUE
Peavey Blazer
Zakk Wylde Signature Wah
EH Small Clone
MXR Distortion 3 (III)
Quote by Nocomment
Damn, that blows. Why the hell were you that early and late? That's like a working man shift.

School is 9 to 3 15 for me...

BTW you can still say thank you, you ass.

sorry, thank you for the help, I just was distracted by being called an asshole and I got a little upset. I needed the help, thank-you. Cause I got a 31.5% on the test, I quite obviously needed help.

But yeah, choir in the morning, school starts at 8:15 till 2:25 Concert band till 4:00.

Swimming was supposed to start at 5. I got there at 4:30. Teacher got there at 5:30. Then went out for dinner at a busy resturant with my mom and her fiancee, got home at 8.
That sounds like quite the day, but not in a good way.
Traynor YCV50 BLUE
Peavey Blazer
Zakk Wylde Signature Wah
EH Small Clone
MXR Distortion 3 (III)
Also, so for just money questions, I do it like how you told me, but for questions like "A vinegar-water solution is used to wash windsows. If 1200 L of a 28% solution are required, how much of 16% and 36% solutions should be required"?
Quote by original=punk
Also, so for just money questions, I do it like how you told me, but for questions like "A vinegar-water solution is used to wash windsows. If 1200 L of a 28% solution are required, how much of 16% and 36% solutions should be required"?

OK I have to go to bed but I'll do this last one.,

It's the same principle of the oil on, except you do use percentage.

so it would be q+r=1200
and 0.16q + 0.36r = 0.28 (1200)

Night.
Traynor YCV50 BLUE
Peavey Blazer
Zakk Wylde Signature Wah
EH Small Clone
MXR Distortion 3 (III)
oil costs $102 per barrell. either way youre ****ed
Acoustic Percussion Guitar Player