so in a couple of months ill have saved enough to get my next guitar,
ive been playing for a few years and have been playing with a squier strat. its not a bad beginner guitar but im having to borrow my friends schecter for gigs and i feel really ****ty for having to do that.
so my problem is i love the feel of a strat. its the most comfortable thing i've ever played. i love the tone that it gets but its not really what im looking for the band.
now for the kind of sound that i want, i see myself with a tele (from videos on youtube and whatnot of standard stock telecasters)
now im not all that close to a guitar shop so i wont be able to try one out for myself. so i was wondering how the tele feels, neck wise and body wise. to me it looks like one of those tiny 3/4 sized guitars and because of the headstock my brains telling me the neck is completely uncomfortable.
so whats the feel of the tele compared to a strat.
(i know i havn't said what genres i play and what amp because im not looking for differnet guitar suggestions only asking about the tele. but im open to other suggestions if anyone has any)
thanks
Send me off to bed forevermore.
absolute oppisite of your strat.

its got a very tall fat neck alot like an SG I really don't like em.. so if you like a strat you probably won't like the tele

get a MIM or MIJ strat instead...how much do you have if you can go MIA or get a Epi LP
Quote by gregs1020
Brett has been saving for a splawn for 4 years
countries have been toppled in the time it's taking, revolutions won got a black pres

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
When he finally gets one it'll probably be televised like the Berlin Wall coming down.
The end of an era
I prefer the tele neck to the strat neck. The tele neck is slightly less wide and more round, which is more comfortable I find. I thought teles were smaller than strats a first but in person, you see they are defiantly bigger.
i can only go up about to $450 for the guitar so MIA would be too much
and yea when i was talking about tone wise the fender standard strat wouldnt work too much for me. and im asking how the fender standard tele feels not the squier
but who knows i might find the tele comfortable.
i havnt tried out too many guitars
there are a couple teles with neck I like but not many and I"m not sure which one they are.

But even the squiers have the same neck profile as any strat.

Get a MIM fat strat thats waht I got and it'll do some br0oTLZ
Quote by gregs1020
Brett has been saving for a splawn for 4 years
countries have been toppled in the time it's taking, revolutions won got a black pres

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
When he finally gets one it'll probably be televised like the Berlin Wall coming down.
The end of an era
I'm going to be honets - teles aren't that comfortable for me, but I'm still a tele fanboy/freak. i love teles and wouldn't buy any other guitar (MAYBE an es-335, but you get the idea). I like the feel of strats more, but hate the sound. To me, they have no warmth, and just feel trebly and weak (keep in mind this is my opinion!). I really don't like the feel of my tele very much, but the sound makes up for it (I have a stock MIM tele). In my opinion it's worth it to sacrifice a little bit of comfort for overall sound.
i love both my tele and my strat, but my strat does play faster, but i find the tele to be more comfortable
[IMG]http://img398.imageshack.us/img398/9148/dawhip005jf4.jpg[/IMG]

Quote by SuperSamuraiGuy
Thanks for answering all my question ssguitar

JCM900 FOR SELL!
ive tried teles and i have to say i really dont like the way they feel. i love the way they look and sound but i just dont like the way they play.
Quote by H4t3BR33D3R
fourteen?
For Christ sake she probably couldn't get to the center of a Tootsie Pop let alone suck your **** properly. Just get someone your own age you tosser.
Personally i love both my Tele and Strat's feel. There is a definent difference though. If i had to choose one i'd say Tele is my favourite. Mind you i had both re-radiused... MMMM radiusage is good:-)
i think teles are a bith more rounded necks
IMO the sound of a tele is better than a strat, but i love the feel and looks of a strat
My Gear

Squier VM p-bass(i chosed it over a fender!!!) with quarter pounder and gotoh 201!!
fender MIM P bass
epiphone SG 400
soo sound over comfort, i guess ill go with a tele
thanks