I have a POS Marshall 10 watt right now. I have been using it for about 2 years now and i want to upgrade to a tube amp.

Things I am looking for are:

All Tube
Hi Gain (Metallica, Iron Maiden etc..)
Good Cleans
20-30 Watts (not for gigging at the momment)
1000$ and under if possible. I dont mind going over a bit.
Takes Pedals

Any suggestions?

Also, i have a korg ax3000g multi effects and i was wondering how much tone it would suck from the amp.

Thanks a lot!
Used Mesa Boogie Mark series amp.

Kramer Focus 3000
Ibanez ATK300
Rocktron Chameleon
Digitech IPS33B
Ibanez WH10
Korg Pitchblack
Line6 UX2
Quote by mxh
Things I am looking for are:

All Tube
Hi Gain (Metallica, Iron Maiden etc..)
Good Cleans
20-30 Watts (not for gigging at the momment)
1000$ and under if possible. I dont mind going over a bit.
Takes Pedals

Quote by GenmathePanda
Vox: Anything.

LOL WUT?

Seriously, a used Mesa Mark III or IV, or an F-50 or F-30 would be awesome.
if you're looking for a head, check out (mind you, they're all 120/100/50 watt amps):

used mesa dual rec 2 channel
used mesa single rec
used mesa f50/f100
used marshall dsl100
used peavey 5150
bugera 6262

for combos:

used mesa f50
used mesa f30
bugera
Okay thanks, i have an idea of what amps i should look at now although the mesas are a bit loud.

What about the muilt fx with a tube amp thing? yay or nay?
Quote by mxh
Okay thanks, i have an idea of what amps i should look at now although the mesas are a bit loud.

What about the muilt fx with a tube amp thing? yay or nay?

nay, i say! get individual pedals
What you should do, is fulfill most UG'ers desire to watch someone burn, blow up, mutiliate, or just utterly destroy an MG.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
for the people that are suggesting Mesa Boogie, aren't they the tinniest bit out of his specified range? I've heard they're rather expensive.
Quote by Psychedelico
for the people that are suggesting Mesa Boogie, aren't they the tinniest bit out of his specified range? I've heard they're rather expensive.

Not used, not at all.

You can find Mark IV combos for like $1200 used. F series <$1000 for any of them easily, as well as the DC and Nomad series. Could find a Rect-O-Verb or Trem-O-Verb combo in the $1000 easily as well.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by MatrixClaw
Not used, not at all.

You can find Mark IV combos for like $1200 used. F series <$1000 for any of them easily, as well as the DC and Nomad series. Could find a Rect-O-Verb or Trem-O-Verb combo in the $1000 easily as well.

Yeah. I got my Mark III Head for 530$.

Kramer Focus 3000
Ibanez ATK300
Rocktron Chameleon
Digitech IPS33B
Ibanez WH10
Korg Pitchblack
Line6 UX2
just give it away to someone who doesn't have an amp at all. why waste something that has even the slightest use?
Grammar and spelling omitted as an exercise for the reader.
Would a peavey classic 30 + an OD pedal be suited for metal? Would it be similar to a mesa?
Quote by mxh
Would a peavey classic 30 + an OD pedal be suited for metal? Would it be similar to a mesa?

It'd be decent, but I'm sure you'd be much happier with a mesa. I've played a Classic 30 with the gain cranked and a Bad Monkey with the gain at 10, and it sound about as high- gain as my Mesa F30 does with the gain at about 6.5, not to mention ridiculously fizzy and noisy. Could you pull it off? Yeah. But a Mesa would pull it off much more easily.
Traynor? Rivera?
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
Quote by mxh

I believe it's a pretty classic rock-voiced, so no it won't be similar to a mesa. It might do some sort of metal, but not anything like metalcore or death metal.
Quote by Lunchbox362
This thread if fail in almost every way imaniganable.