got a chemistry assignment due in a few days. needa find out about the element potassium. any help would be appreciated. cheers
Quote by Alex The Red

If it doesn't have to do with tube amps or sex most of us don't really care..

Quote by Kutanmoogle

Looks like Lars Ulrich decided to become a hacker.

Quote by aaron6890
penises FTW

not in the gay way

<.<
>.>

Quote by deathbat831
.........oh wow.
Eddy 372, im nominating you badass of UG
Quote by disturbed_n_wv
I believe thats the best looking Explorer I've ever seen, I did think they were all ugly until i seen that one Eddy372 good choice.

i can tell you that it's one of the drugs used for lethal injection. obviously i don't know from experience so ya. it can combine with chlorine to form a kind of salt...potassium chloride. symbol on the periodic chart is K. that's all i got right now.
Quote by morrison27
got a chemistry assignment due in a few days. needa find out about the element potassium. any help would be appreciated. cheers

Do your own f*cking homework

C'mon, you're on the internet! A wealth of information at your fingertips and you ask the PIT! Put in the miniscule amount of effort it takes to actually do your homework, its not as if its particularly difficult, either!
Let me tell you about heartache and the loss of god
Wandering, wandering in hopeless night
Out here in the perimeter there are no stars

Out here we is stoned
Immaculate.
Quote by aaron6890
i learned that from honey i shrunk the kids. or maybe one of the sequels

me too
no offense man, but you wouldn't happen to be in 2nd grade would you?

My mind is going. I can feel it.
K+Water=BOOOM
Quote by Waffleexplosion
Only in a vodka ad could Mexico win a war.
Quote by aaron6890
that was awsome when the kid collapsed and they put a banana in his mouth, it reminds me of that party i went to. i you catch my drift. (just kiddin(or am i?))

anyway
yea thats how I learned that bananers have potassium in them. TS you should write about honey I shrunk the kids
Quote by ortrigger
i can tell you that it's one of the drugs used for lethal injection. obviously i don't know from experience so ya. it can combine with chlorine to form a kind of salt...potassium chloride. symbol on the periodic chart is K. that's all i got right now.

It's a metal so combined with most non-metals forms a salt.

EDIT:
Quote by thefuzz454
K+Water=BOOOM

It applies to all metals too.

Quote by slamjam
its in bananers
google it

...Up to the battlefield to where the spirits walk...
Last edited by Xodah at Feb 29, 2008,
Brief summary.

Potassium is an S-block metal. It is also one of the most electropositive metals there is, meaning it will easily transfer an electron to another element. This results in high stability of it salts. All S-block metals react violently with water, and even with the moisture in the air, therefore they have to be stored under oil or in argon, which is the reason metallic potassium cannot be found on the earth surface in nature. (potassium reacts more vigorous than sodium or lithium). Chemically speaking it resembles sodium quite a bit, yet our body distinguishes between them and uses them most noteworthy in nerve transmission. Too much or too little potassium is dangerous (lethal) as the nerve function is disrupted. As stated, it is/ was used for lethal injections.
To be honest, I think The Pit is the worst place to ask for help on potassium. If you need help on cats/boobs/4chan/internet memes/masturbation tips and techniques, then you've come to the right place.

Quote by hazzmatazz
youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96
Today I stole a girls tampons for being such an annoying bitch.

MUFC

My love for you
Is like a truck
Berserker.
Quote by Xodah
It's a metal so combined with most non-metals forms a salt.

EDIT:

It applies to all metals too.

you mean group 1 metals don't you?
“If there are no stupid questions, then what kind of questions do stupid people ask? Do they get smart just in time to ask questions?”
- Scott Adams

No they don't, and UG is proof...
Quote by thefuzz454
K+Water=BOOOM

nailed it. but waters chemical makeup is H2O you idiot.
^ Duuuh. I just said water instead.
Quote by Waffleexplosion
Only in a vodka ad could Mexico win a war.