What is the best 100 watt amp i could get for under 600 dollars?
Thanks
Will
Why do you need a 100 watt amp?
Founder of the EHX Users Guild
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
Please don't tell me I'm the only one that clicked this thread thinking I would learn how to make my guitar sound like a grizzly bear.
First thing I thought when I read the title was "oh no, mot another one of these".

I thought I'd share.
all the world's indeed a stage and we are merely players
sorry about it being vague, i've got about 600 dollars to spend on and amp that can be heard easily over drums. Preferably fairly portable and not to heavy.
It needs to have a good distortion aswell as a nice clean.
So why did you assume a 100 watt amp would be the right choice? For, in most cases, it isn't.

Now you just gotta tell us what kind of tones you're after, and then you might be helped.
all the world's indeed a stage and we are merely players
You should be scrapping this whole "I nned 100w cuz i'm soo0 HxC1!1!!1!!1!one!!" because it just means your going to get yourself a nice piece of ass solid state amp.

Look for a 30-50 tube.
UG's Official Stuffed Toy! Because I am so cuddly wuddly

I LOVE KENSAI
If you've ever heard the band firewind i'm after tones sort of like what they get.
I like playing metal aswell as some more classical music.
I want that harsh metal tone aswell as that warm sort of acoustic sound.
For 600 dollars a Peavey valveking with a tube screamer would suite you pretty well, they are higher gain with a very nice cleans, the VK112 is a 50 watt combo that go for 400 dollars and be MORE than enough to get over drums. The Randall RG50tc is also good from what I have read, but I have never used one, most people here say its more metal greared then the VK. I have only played the VK and with a tube screamer and active emgs it can get pretty brootal.
+1 to forsaknazrael's F-30 or F-50 (combo) suggestion, and +1 to a Valveking or RG50TC w/tubescreamer.

If you want something easy to lug around, go with a 1x12" combo. I know the Valeking comes in a 100 watt 2x12" flavour, but that's excessive. It's NOT going to be twice as loud, or even close.
bugera 6262-212?
Lazer LG-180A
Dean Razorback V 255 @ 18v MOD
Bugera 6262-212
ATH-M50
Vox amPlug Metal
Boss TU-80
Boss ML-2
RZBK V 255 build <5%, ideas>
OFFICIAL "DEAN PLAYERS UNITE" PLAYER #2
BUGERA USERS MILITIA...One of the first owners...
Yeah, get a minimum amount of speakers. I have the peavey classic 410 and it weighs like 80 pounds .
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator