well i got my guitar setup and they put Dean Markleys on it becuase they didnt have any Boomers that i wanted. the dean markleys are 11's (11-13-18-30-42-52) and i want to put boomers on, either GHS boomer low tunes becuase they are close to the DM's (11-15-19-33-43-53) or i could put Eric Johnson Nickel rockers on
(11-14-19-28-40-52).

1- will it be alright to change to the Eric johnson nickel rockers without resetting up my guitar?

2- will it be alright to change to the GHS Low tunning boomers without resetting up my guitar?

3- what do you guys think of the nickel rockers?

Thanks so much for all help
Feelin the Blues

"The Blues are a simple music and I'm a simple man. But the Blues aren't a science, the Blues can't be broken down like a mathematics. The Blues are a mystery, and mysteries are never as simple as they look" - BB King
I used to use the GHS low-tunes, but I switched to the Beefy Slinkys. There 11-54... and are so much better.
yer but i was wondering if its alright to change that much in size string without getting another setup.
Feelin the Blues

"The Blues are a simple music and I'm a simple man. But the Blues aren't a science, the Blues can't be broken down like a mathematics. The Blues are a mystery, and mysteries are never as simple as they look" - BB King
I think it will be fine, it's not that drastic of a change.
for which set though
Feelin the Blues

BUMP- i need help please!!
Feelin the Blues

I have not personally tried either of those stings, I tend to go for EB and D'addario strings. But both of your options could be used without any set up, I believe.
thank you
Feelin the Blues

Yeah both are close enough, you should just check your intonation when you make the switch.
Survivor of the St. John's Lockdown
Quote by SG thrasher

The thread-starter is a legend.
Seriously, who thinks "Shit, i'm gonna die, BRB, Ima' tell UG."?

Quote by The_Paranoia

Congratz man, you are a true, American Hero.
Go Schneiderman!

Gun Facts: Educate Yourself
yer i just dont trust myself to do it
Feelin the Blues

Quote by MrBlues
well i got my guitar setup and they put Dean Markleys on it becuase they didnt have any Boomers that i wanted. the dean markleys are 11's (11-13-18-30-42-52) and i want to put boomers on, either GHS boomer low tunes becuase they are close to the DM's (11-15-19-33-43-53) or i could put Eric Johnson Nickel rockers on
(11-14-19-28-40-52).

1- will it be alright to change to the Eric johnson nickel rockers without resetting up my guitar?

2- will it be alright to change to the GHS Low tunning boomers without resetting up my guitar?

3- what do you guys think of the nickel rockers?

Thanks so much for all help

yes you will need to adjust some things. they are all for the most part pretty close but any change in guage will mean you need to change the intonation. it might not sound off too much but i guess it depends on your ears. the DMS seem to be the heaviest but im not sure if you'd need to adjust the truss rod. maybe a little bit.

and ive never played nickel rockers.
how do you know how much to adjust the truss rod
Feelin the Blues