I'm gona get some cash here pretty soon and I'm looking for a tube head under 6bills, I play hardcore,grindcore,metal so I'm gona need something with alot of distortion, and good cleans wouldent hurt.

Any help folks?
Quote by strings-N-stuff
I'm gona get some cash here pretty soon and I'm looking for a tube head under 6bills, I play hardcore,grindcore,metal so I'm gona need something with alot of distortion, and good cleans wouldent hurt.

Any help folks?

Which witch is which? You mean $600. Grammar!

Anyways,

If you want a SS amp - Randall all the way - a RG series combo will run between $400 and $600, depending on the wattage. Tons of distortion and great for metal.

Tube amp? I can't help you there... don't know much about them price-wise.
Quote by strings-N-stuff
yeah, I'm lookin for a tube head.

for $600???

look used or double your budget and you *might* find something that fits your requirements but at the moment you've got nowhere near enough funds to get the kind of amp you want.

[EDIT] changd my mind - B52 AT or Peavey Valveking are pretty much your only options.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/B52-AT100-100W-Tube-Guitar-Amp-with-Tri-Mode-Rectifier?sku=481303
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Peavey-ValveKing-100-Head?sku=481170

They're not exactly what you're after but they're the best you can do.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Last edited by steven seagull at Feb 29, 2008,
I have the B-52 at-100 head and cab. I love it. Its got great distortion. Very Mesa like sound. And really thick (IMO) reverb. The cleans are ok not the best your gonna find but still their decent. It handles my seven string sound very well. Also im gonna mention that its built like a friggin tank. If your looking for a budget head to do rock/metal with this is a great choice.
I can work upto $700, My first choice was buyin like a 5150 ll off ebay. But I wana look around and make shure I look at all my option.

and I'm looking for a head not a combo.
Last edited by strings-N-stuff at Feb 29, 2008,
Quote by strings-N-stuff
Every time I serch for it all I get is dirtbike parts.

its out of production. i'll see if i can find an ebay link.
dang. there's none on ebay right now.

but they're out there.

i used to have one. it was a T100C that i converted to a head. i miss that amp sometimes. haha.

here's a link to some completed listings:

http://search-completed.ebay.com/search/search.dll?GetResult&dfsp=1&sofocus=unknown&sabfmts=1&saprclo=&saprchi=&ftrv=1&ftrt=1&fis=2&fsop=1&fpos=S4V+0Z6&fsoo=1&sargn=-1%26saslc%3D2&from=R10&satitle=yamaha+soldano&sbrftog=1&sacat=-1%26catref%3DC6&saobfmts=insif&_trksid=m37&sadis=200&guest=1
Quote by steven seagull
for $600???

look used or double your budget and you *might* find something that fits your requirements but at the moment you've got nowhere near enough funds to get the kind of amp you want.

[EDIT] changd my mind - B52 AT or Peavey Valveking are pretty much your only options.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/B52-AT100-100W-Tube-Guitar-Amp-with-Tri-Mode-Rectifier?sku=481303
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Peavey-ValveKing-100-Head?sku=481170

They're not exactly what you're after but they're the best you can do.

i tried out the vk and me being the BR00TALZ player, it isnt enough, maybe just barely enough if you add a maxon.

would go with that b-52, they dont sell them up here in canada but ive heard it on youtube and also have heard good things about them, but make sure to try it before you buy, b-52 has been having problems with there products lately, basically gibson syndrome.
Dude you know you can buy the 5150 combo do a mod and hook it up to another cab and have 6 speakers right?
yes I know this, I'm looking to lightin up my rig tho, I'm doing shows soon. I'd rather use a half stack. But if I can find a 5150 ll for a good price when I get the money then I'm gona go for it.
Quote by strings-N-stuff
I don't think a combo is gona help me when I play a show. And I'm getting a new randall 2x12" 1x15" to put under what ever head I get.

Combos are more for at home use in my opinion.

The 5150 2x12 combo will put out 60 watts. More than enough to play, even unmiked, for small and medium shows. Larger venues might be an issue when unmiked, but larger venues almost always have PAs anyway.

Save the money you would spend on cabs and invest it into a kickass combo.
Ibanez RGA121 | ESP LTD H-1000
Axe-FX Standard
Quote by strings-N-stuff
I don't think a combo is gona help me when I play a show. And I'm getting a new randall 2x12" 1x15" to put under what ever head I get.

Combos are more for at home use in my opinion.

Your opinion is very wrong in this case - if you'd ever attempted to crank a tube combo in typical home conditions you'd understand why...I gigged with my amp on Wednesday and didn't have the master volume past 2.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc

My combo (FIFTEEN tube watts) will be playing a few gigs in ireland in a few. . .hell I think it's weeks now! And it's loud enough, trust me!

The fact it's a combo does NOTHING to the volume, maybe you'll have to crank a combo SLIGHTLY higher cos of the lack of 4 speakers but they're just as loud.

Also for $700 (you can make that right?) you can get the new Carvin tube (the head or the combo if you're feeling fussy ) reissue, I'm tempted to get one myself, looks awesome.
However the only reason I may get it in stack form is the extra colours, in white it'd be awesome.
second hand laney TT
ಠ_ಠ
<|>
/ω\

Tell me what nation on this earth, was not born of tragedy-Primordial
Quote by strings-N-stuff
this thread is about a head not a combo.

I've used combos for a cople practices in a basement and it worked, but I'm not playing a small club.

No, this thread is about AMPS.

If you're playing anywhere bigger there'll be a PA - if there isn't don't worry about it because everything will sound like crap regardless.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc

Quote by steven seagull
No, this thread is about AMPS.

If you're playing anywhere bigger there'll be a PA - if there isn't don't worry about it because everything will sound like crap regardless.

This thread says Witch Head? not Witch Amp?

Whats the big deal about not wanting a combo?
Quote by strings-N-stuff
This thread says Witch Head? not Witch Amp?

Whats the big deal about not wanting a combo?

Because you can get an awesome combo for about the same price as a ****ty halfstack.
Ibanez RGA121 | ESP LTD H-1000
Axe-FX Standard
Quote by DrNick
Because you can get an awesome combo for about the same price as a ****ty halfstack.

Not lookin for a sh!tty half stack, I'm lookin for a good one.

if you don't have the advice I'm looking for, why bother posting anything?

The 5150 is going to have great sounding distortion but pretty bad cleans.

Maybe a Marshall JCM900 head? Can we have more info on your 2x12?
Fender Lite Ash Tele/Hamer SATF<--Korg DT-10<Zvex Super Hard On<Digitech Bad Monkey<MI Audio Crunchbox<Pro Co "Keeley" Rat<Line 6 M13<<--Marshall JTM60 1x12 Combo
Quote by C40.is.hot
The 5150 is going to have great sounding distortion but pretty bad cleans.

Maybe a Marshall JCM900 head? Can we have more info on your 2x12?

I know about the cleans with the 5150, but I'm gona try to work around that.

I'd love a JCM900 but thats out of my price range.

and the cab I'm getting is a 2x12" 1x15". Click Me!
Quote by PabloGilberto
Bugera - made by Behringer...
Dubious...Any user reviews?

jesus people!

Behringer does not MAKE Bugera. Bugera is its own separate brand, its products are just DISTRIBUTED by Behringer.

And as soon as my money hits my paypal account, im buying a 6262
a guy told me that the tremolo bar was called the "distortionator"
Quote by Ghold125
generally, if you want to lighten your rig, you get a combo..?

Have you felt the weight of a 6505 combo? O_O
Originally Posted by apocalypse13
What, does singing "Moderfukin death, Sat@n is t3h 1337!!" make you feel tough?

Gear:
Schecter C1 Hellraiser (EMG 81/85)
Framus Dragon Head
Orange PPC2x12 cab
Quote by Matt_Synyster
Have you felt the weight of a 6505 combo? O_O

Seriously.. those combos are ridiculously heavy.. Not very fun to lug around to play shows.
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Peavey 5150
Vader Cabinet 4x12
Roland Cube 30X
Line 6 Toneport UX1
Morley Bad Horsie II