But theres a catch.

Im currently using a 100 dollar amp from cash converters... its a non brand one, thus my urgency to upgrade...

I just need a good amp for no more then 300 US, that has a great sound, a 3 band EQ, preferably with pressence or similar. Would be great if it didn't come with any presets or distortion (since i have pedals). And nothing gimmicky :P

Cheers for any suggestions.
Quote by bloodshed344
Line 6 Spider III Amp

I think there is a 200$ one and a 300$ one or so.

They are great amps and the 200$ is way louder than you would expect.

They have great tones and it has some preset effects, but your pedals are most likely better.

Quote by bloodshed344
Line 6 Spider III Amp

I think there is a 200$ one and a 300$ one or so.

They are great amps and the 200$ is way louder than you would expect.

They have great tones and it has some preset effects, but your pedals are most likely better.

He said "nothing gimmicky" and also "great sound"

TS - I know you have pedals but an amp with no onboard distortion is not usually voiced for distortion, better to get something with decent onboard overdrive and use pedals to augment that.

The Palomino is a good shout, Blackheart is worth a look too.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Blackheart-BH5112-5W-1x12-Little-Giant-Tube-Combo-Amp?sku=481675
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by bloodshed344
I don't know why you guys are downing the Line 6, my friend got one and I have to say that it really is a great amp, it far surpasses his Fender Halfstack and gets about 3/4 as loud

modeler amps generally sound very "digital"
Quote by bloodshed344
I don't know why you guys are downing the Line 6, my friend got one and I have to say that it really is a great amp, it far surpasses his Fender Halfstack and gets about 3/4 as loud

to be honest, i dont really care about how loud it is, i just want alot of settings (not presets) and a good tone, because im currently using a Freedom (they dont even come up on a google search) cash converters amp and i dont want its tone to hold me back :P
Quote by beetroot10
mabye a vox valvatroix

Only if he mostly play acoustic stuff!
But well mabye anyway, cause it has like a lot of settings and effects.
Think you would be happy with it. I own one but want a one made for disted ****.
Quote by beetroot10
mabye a vox valvatroix

YES F YES!!!!!

oh wiat u have pedals so maybe........ if ur lucky a used valveking or maybe a marshall valvestate. gl
Quote by steven seagull
He said "nothing gimmicky" and also "great sound"

TS - I know you have pedals but an amp with no onboard distortion is not usually voiced for distortion, better to get something with decent onboard overdrive and use pedals to augment that.

The Palomino is a good shout, Blackheart is worth a look too.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Blackheart-BH5112-5W-1x12-Little-Giant-Tube-Combo-Amp?sku=481675

+1 for the Blackheart
Epiphone Les Paul goldtop (EMG 81/85)
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Fender Telecaster MIM
Epiphone SG Special
Jay Turser JT200 Serpent (GFS Crunchy Rails/Crunchy Pat)
Dean V-Coustic
Ovation Celebrity
Bugera 333-212
Crate Blue Voodoo 120H
What about the Ibanez ValBee?
In my opinion it sounds really, really good...

...And loud of cause.
http://www.guitarcenter.com/Vox-Valvetronix-AD30VT-30w-1x10-Guitar-Combo-Amp-102640802-i1145735.gc
phenominal tone for the price, i have a 15 watt one and i love it. people always compliment me on my tone.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Peavey-ValveKing-112-Combo-Amp?sku=481442
if you can save another hundred go for this. Again great tone, and its gigworthy
The Mitch Clem formula
1)make jokes about rancid and NOFX (as if they dont already make fun of themselves)
2)make obvious punk puns, possibly related to food
3)make fun of Rancid and NOFX again
4)??????
5)PROFIT (and an army of internet fanboys)
i've said it before, and i'll say it again...

save up more. at the $550-$600 mark, your options open riiiiiiiight up.

seriously. its worth it.
Quote by Blomman
Only if he mostly play acoustic stuff!
But well mabye anyway, cause it has like a lot of settings and effects.
Think you would be happy with it. I own one but want a one made for disted ****.

wtf??? i play mostly metal on mine. But if you have pedals it might not be a good idea. Vox AD series amps do go well with pedals. Once i get a Valveking ill use more pedals.
The Mitch Clem formula
1)make jokes about rancid and NOFX (as if they dont already make fun of themselves)
2)make obvious punk puns, possibly related to food
3)make fun of Rancid and NOFX again
4)??????
5)PROFIT (and an army of internet fanboys)
I think guitarman makes a good point about saving up. The 200-300 range is full of a lot of crap, and one or two quality small amps (The palomino or v18 were the best suggestions). Even at the 400-550 range, you can get a Crate V50, a Peavey Classic 50, or a high quality small amp.

Also, don't be afraid of a used tube amp. I have a Peavey Classic 50, my roommate has a Classic 30, and my other roommate has a Crate V50. All 3 were purchased used, and they're all good amps. Play it before you buy it, though.
1996 Strat Plus (modded)
Peavey Classic 50
ZVex Fuzz Factory
Vox Clyde McCoy wah
Maxon AD-999 delay
if you play metal the hi-gain version of the Vox Valvtronix is good.
Ibanez RG1570
B.C. Rich KKV
Jackson RR3
Jackson RR5
Ibanez S320
Ibanez S520EX
Vox AD50VT-XL
Dunlop Zakk Wylde Wah
Marshall 2203KK
Marshall 1960A 4x12 Cab
Boss ML-2 Metalcore
Coffin Case Blooddrive
Quote by CtrlBurn
I think guitarman makes a good point about saving up. The 200-300 range is full of a lot of crap, and one or two quality small amps (The palomino or v18 were the best suggestions). Even at the 400-550 range, you can get a Crate V50, a Peavey Classic 50, or a high quality small amp.

Also, don't be afraid of a used tube amp. I have a Peavey Classic 50, my roommate has a Classic 30, and my other roommate has a Crate V50. All 3 were purchased used, and they're all good amps. Play it before you buy it, though.

spending more on an amp then the guitar itself? is that allowed? :P
Quote by Epic_chef

Allowed? Its very, very, very strongly recommended.
Unless you were being sarcastic. Please say you were.
Xbox Live tag: Dream Away Rain
Add!

Quote by marko'd
dont sweat how quick your progressing, i heard that Jimi hendrix didnt get his legendary guitar skills until he was dead

Quote by Dreadnought
+ MOTHERFUCKIN' 1
Quote by Epic_chef

Definatly...buying more than 1 amp that is more than your guitar is reguarded as superior.
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
Quote by Ichimaru
Allowed? Its very, very, very strongly recommended.
Unless you were being sarcastic. Please say you were.

well, im kinda new to guitar, so i wasent joking...